Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #796
bdklein
DIS Veteran

In an email I just got from GF IPO, Courtyard Pool is scheduled to go down for refurbishment 8/28 and Gasparilla's on 8/24. No word on anything else.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #797
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Butterflygirl35 - No, she didn't hear anything back, I'm sorry to say. Very disappointing, it would have been nice to hear something regarding that position, though she didn't technically apply for it. Thanks for asking.

bdklein - thanks for the info, good to know. Sounds like they've moved the date a bit for the courtyard pool - good news for us, we are scheduled to be there at that time.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #798
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Butterflygirl35 - No, she didn't hear anything back, I'm sorry to say. Very disappointing, it would have been nice to hear something regarding that position, though she didn't technically apply for it. Thanks for asking.

bdklein - thanks for the info, good to know. Sounds like they've moved the date a bit for the courtyard pool - good news for us, we are scheduled to be there at that time.
Us too. 18th to the 25th. Hoping construction impact will be minimal. And monorail to be running right. Have a great trip.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #799
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

This will be our first and only stay at GF....can anyone recommend what I should request as far as room location? Keeping in mind we are booked standard garden view...so cheapest? Has anyone ever received an upgrade at check in? I know...one can dream!
Old 08-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #800
cgulls
Mouseketeer

bcv23 I'm looking forward to that app being available for my Droid phone <tapping fingers waiting patiently> I'm wary of the app displaying "real time wait times", though. Most likely they will display "posted" wait times which, at best, represent the amount of time the most recent Guest has waited not how long you will wait (those cards you hand to the CMs when you get to the front of the line tell them how long YOU waited. They don't tell them how long the most recent last person in line will wait).

That's funny (and potentially confusing) about the Poly room size flub. There's a fun photo in the recent "Color Companion to the Unofficial Guide" showing Len Testa sitting in color tape showing the typical room size by value/mod/deluxe.

You can find it by googling "touring plans what you get for your money"

The rooms look so much smaller when they're outlined in tape!
Old 08-09-2012, 03:29 PM   #801
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
This will be our first and only stay at GF....can anyone recommend what I should request as far as room location? Keeping in mind we are booked standard garden view...so cheapest? Has anyone ever received an upgrade at check in? I know...one can dream!
Our favorite gv rooms at the GF were in Sago Cay and Conch Key overlooking the marina. It was like a waterview at a gv price!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 08-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #802
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Hi, k&a&c'smom and all the other lovely GF posters. I have an afternoon tea question from a poster on the WL thread that I know many of you can answer. The question is located HERE in post #201.

Thanks!
Old 08-09-2012, 06:32 PM   #803
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post
Us too. 18th to the 25th. Hoping construction impact will be minimal. And monorail to be running right. Have a great trip.
Thanks, you, too!! Won't be long now.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
Our favorite gv rooms at the GF were in Sago Cay and Conch Key overlooking the marina. It was like a waterview at a gv price!
I agree with DisneyMomx7, the marina views in either Conch Key or Sago Cay are really pretty. Bonus, you won't have to worry about the construction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
bcv23 I'm looking forward to that app being available for my Droid phone <tapping fingers waiting patiently>
That's funny (and potentially confusing) about the Poly room size flub. There's a fun photo in the recent "Color Companion to the Unofficial Guide" showing Len Testa sitting in color tape showing the typical room size by value/mod/deluxe.

You can find it by googling "touring plans what you get for your money"

The rooms look so much smaller when they're outlined in tape!
We are waiting for the Android platform, too; unfortunately, DD tried to download MDE this morning and her iTouch is too old. Phooey.

LOL about the colored tape. You are so right, we taped out dimensions on our kitchen floor for a pantry addition - it looked so small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Hi, k&a&c'smom and all the other lovely GF posters. I have an afternoon tea question from a poster on the WL thread that I know many of you can answer. The question is located HERE in post #201.

Thanks!
Hello, and welcome back! I miss you popping in with links to Disney news, but I know you are sooo busy with 3!!! FAQs.

I gave a response for the tea question, I hope others will contribute their thoughts.

We need to try to make it over to WL during our upcoming trip.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 08-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #804
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes, We got a very unexpected upgrade at GF. We were on a free trip which I won through AAA. We had four nights, 5 days with park tickets (hoppers) in what was listed as a standard garden view room. When we checked in they surprised us with a upgraded to Sugarloaf We looked out onto the pool with a nice balcony. If that wasn't enough the GF sent champaign and chocolate covered strawberries to our room the first night. Balloons and a special GF chocolate bar the second night.

Angel16
Old 08-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #805
HFC1969
Grand Floridian Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Yes, We got a very unexpected upgrade at GF. We were on a free trip which I won through AAA. We had four nights, 5 days with park tickets (hoppers) in what was listed as a standard garden view room. When we checked in they surprised us with a upgraded to Sugarloaf We looked out onto the pool with a nice balcony. If that wasn't enough the GF sent champaign and chocolate covered strawberries to our room the first night. Balloons and a special GF chocolate bar the second night.

Angel16

Holy crap!! Luck!!!!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #806
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Angel16 - That is amazing Awesome upgrade!

k&a&c'smom - I wish your DD the best of luck! At least she has a wonderful Disney trip to look forward to. Hopefully filled with lots of Pixie Dust!

Blessed_wth_Triplets - So its not just me dreaming of Pixie dusts and upgrades???? LOL

bdklein - Thanks for the info!
Old 08-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #807
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We had booked a GV room and were upgraded to a week in the RPC! That being said, we had stayed there many times before, so we had also gotten an upgrade to TPV and SL. You never know when pixie dust can strike

k&a&c'smom, sorry to hear nothing came of the job interview for you DD. I feel sorry for so many of these kids coming out of school. They worked hard and are prepared for the workforce, there just aren't enough jobs. Good luck, a trip to WDW should help a little bit.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #808
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Angel16 - What an awesome trip - good luck all around. Couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

Butterflygirl35 - thanks. You are not the only one hoping for an upgrade, many do. The upgrades are so random, and elusive - I've only gotten one in all our stays, and that was from garden view to lagoon at the GF. Nice, but we actually prefer the garden views. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and Blessedwthtriplets.

Jungle Cruiser - You are so right, we know a lot of kids who are unemployed, or under-employed. Tough out there.

The trip has given her something to anticipate, especially the V&A's dinner.

Thanks to you, and everyone, for all the well wishes. DD is submitting another application today, so who knows! I will certainly post when she is successful - I'll be so excited I won't be able to keep it to myself.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #809
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Kids today really do have it hard.... Aging has its benefits...

k&a&c'smom - Dinner at V&A would definitely cheer me up too Have fun!!!

Jungle Cruiser - Awesome Pixie Dust as well!! Love hearing Pixie Dust stories...

wishing everybody a wonderful weekend...
Old 08-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #810
mag73
Mouseketeer

We have gotten upgraded several times, each time from
GV: MK twice, LV twice and last year to SL.
Only paid once for MK view and I would not do it again, the rooms are all the same, and how much time do you really spend looking out your window. Even when the kids were younger I think we only watched fireworks once from our balcony. The upgrades are wonderful but we had just as good of a time staying at the regular GV room.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: