Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
katt789
DIS Veteran

You're Dressed for Kissin' Frogs- A 3 day July Audition TR-Updated 10/4!!!

Hello out there fellow Disboard-ers!! Iím glad youíve taken the time to come and peek into my newest trip report! This trip came up rather spur of the moment, and it was just a nice quick little 2 day trip down to Florida and Disney, for a bit of a different reason than just a vacation. So letís start off with some introductions, shall we?

Hi! Iím Katt, Iím 23 years old and a huge Disney fanatic, if Iím not dreaming of being in the parks, Iím watching youtube vacation videos, or on the disboards, it takes up all of my time, seriously! Hahah. I have been to WDW 5 times before this trip, and over to DLR twice (although once was a heck of a long time ago). I travel solo, with friends, family, whoever really, and have a Premium Annual Passport (which means I can get into all WDW & DLR parks for a year! Yay!) I love everything about Disney, itís so magical and amazing and I just love how happy and beautiful it is. Nothing is greater than walking down Main Street and seeing the castle for the first time on a trip, I just feel right at home!

I am big into arts, theatre, dance, a little it of everything, and I just absolutely love performing (and actually have my first ballroom competition this October, eek!) and what would be greater than putting my two greatest passions & loves together into one thing?! Well, that was the exact point of this trip, I keep a pretty close eye on Disney auditions, and had noticed that there was a bunch of Character Look Alike auditions that were all coming up from June through Sept, and there was one that was fit perfect for me. I was low on money, and not sure about doing it, but after talking to my ďtheatre momĒ she said that there was no way I could not go, and thus, the trip was born!

When: July 25-27th, nice and quick!

Where: All Star Sports!

Who: Just me!!

I booked into Sports because it was nice and cheap, and somewhere I hadnít stayed yet. I considered staying at a nicer hotel, since it was a nice short trip, and thus, it would be cheaper than a week long at a Deluxe. However, since costs were already tight, I figured I may as well go Value.

The Plan:
Wed July 25 th: Fly out of Calgary (super early) and get to MCO safely. Head into Magic Kingdom for the evening.
Thurs July 26th: Animal Kingdom in the morning. Audition in the afternoon.
Fri July 27th: Magic Kingdom in the morning, back to the airport and go home!

I hope youíll stick around on this quick little adventure to hear all about it! It all starts right here!

Chapter Links:
Day 1->Wed July 25th

How Many Things Can I Forget?

Headed to the Magic Kingdom

Day 2->Thurs July 26th
A Morning Among Animals
Traveling Through The World
The Audition!
You Can't Be Sad In Disney!
And Evening in DHS

Day 3->Fri July 27
I Don't Wanna Go Back to The Real World
Character Hunting Extravaganza!
Wrapping Everything Up!

September Trip Report Link!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Last edited by katt789; 10-04-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
katt789
DIS Veteran

How Many Things Can I Forget?

I woke up bright and early (weíre talking 4:00am here) on July 25 th, nicely themeing in with how my next couple of days were going to go, it was the Splash Mountain song that woke me up! Yay! I quickly got ready and called a cab to head to the airport. I double checked that I had everything, and then was off! Eeek! I was at the airport in no time, and headed over to the American Airlines section to check in, and something went wrong. A screen popped up saying that I needed to talk to an agent instead, ugh, a great way to start the trip off, hey? Thankfully they worked it all out and I headed through to customs in a few minutes, itís just never a nice thing to deal with at 5 in the morning.

Around the corner, the line for customs was getting pretty long, Iíve noticed that some airports have speculated wait times for security and customs, and I really think all airports should! You know youíre a Disney nut when everything should have a fast pass! Lol. The line ended up moving quicker than I expected, and I had no problems getting through. The agent asked to see one of the apples I was brining through, to see a sticker on it, and that was that. I breezed right through security, where I hit the problem of ďgrossÖ Iím in flip flops and forgot about having to take my shoes off & now am in bare feet in the airportÖughĒ But itís all good.

I stopped at the Tim Hortans to get a Ham & Swiss sandwich (on brown) for my breakfast, and a coffee. It was the first time Iíd have coffee in ages! Ugh, so delicious! I was also sad it was my last chance for Timís for a few days, itís so yum! While I was eating, I decided that I was going to challenge myself on this trip, there are so many people that say you canít eat healthy while on the road, but I was going to go completely against that on this trip, and eat healthy! Yay.

Before I knew it, it was time to board, and we were headed onto the first plane, I got a little nervous before take off as the plane was making weird noises, and then at the end of the runway it just stopped and sat there for a good 5 minutes. Ugh. I usually donít have any problems flying, but sometimes get a little freaked out when things like that happen, but I mean, if the flight attendants are still going about business as normal, it should be fine. The flight was pretty uneventful, I slept, read some Hunger Games (Iíd read it before, and love it so much, just re reading it now, it definitely is a little tough to get in at first, but is totally awesome!) and played some games on my phone, and soon enough, we were landing in Dallas-Fort Worth.

I was suuuper hungry, there was a rumbly in my tumbly, so after finding my next gate (and having to take the mini fake monorail, which is nowhere near as cool as Disneyís lol) I was there. I stopped at Bon Panin (something along those lines) for some lunch.

Itís a Southwest Salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, chicken, avocado, corn, black beans, tortilla chips with a balsamic vinaigrette) You could choose whichever dressing you wanted, and I went with the best option! I also got a little snack of brie cheese, grapes and crackers, and an orange juice to drink. I seriously felt like a rabbit as I was eating it in the airport, everyone around me was eating their giant portions of deep fried food, and here I was with a salad, haha.

There was a family sitting across from me, and I overheard them talking as they came back from getting something, one of the kids ran up to their dad and was all ďDad! So & so (their brother) just got detained by security!Ē Lol, he had apparently walked through the wrong door somewhere, and they needed his boarding pass to get him back into the right part of the airport. Ha.

I took a quick bathroom break before boarding, freshened up my hair & make up and then headed into line to get onto the plane. There was definitely a way smaller number of kids and families than there usually is getting on a plane to Orlando, however there was one little girl who hadnít been told where she was going yet, and was trying to guess, super cute. I canít wait to have kids to surprise them with Disney World all the time!!

The second plane was a lot smoother, took of quicker, and the flight was a lot easier. We were delayed 10 minutes in landing, kinda just hovering around the airport waiting for the all clear. On the way down, the flight attendants wished Happy Birthday to all the kid, and wished everyone a Happy WDW vacation! It was super cute.

After another quick bathroom break, I was headed onto the mini monorail and down to get my luggage! And this is seriously where I started to get super frustrated with people, it just seemed like getting from point A to point B is the hardest thing in the world, people were just being plain DUMB, then, you reach the Magical Express area, and things are just magical, and youíre in the Disney bubble and itís all great. I was straight onto a bus for the All Stars, and it was pretty full, so I figured we would be leaving soon. It had been a half hour since I had deplaned, I was making pretty good time! I noticed that the bus was NEW, it had seatbelts, and bigger TVís, it looked great!! However, just because there are seatbelts, doesnít mean anyone is using them ha!

The bus left at 5:50pm, and in about half an hour, we pulled into Sports, my first thought was ďYup, it looks like a Value!Ē Check in was a breeze, and as I headed to my room I thought ďAw, I like the resort, itís cute and awesome! Everything certainly is themed wellĒ. I was in building 7, up on the second floor, in room 7228. It was close to the busses (just one building away from the main pool) but off in a little secluded hallway looking out to some bushes, so it wasnít going to be loud! Bonus! Now itís time to check out the room!

Yay! Iím in Disney again!

Little Mickey heads on the rim of the table, how cute!

You certainly canít forget the Mickey towel head!

Whatís this!? A FRIDGE?!?! How totally awesome is that??!! I was seriously so happy to find out there was a fridge, Iíd always stayed at Pop, where there werenít any, but then did the Poly in January for a couple of days, and just having the fridge was super awesome, itís nice to be able to keep some snacks in there for breakfast, and then not have to leave the room to go get food, come back to eat it and get ready, and then go back to the bus stops, in the morning. I was very happy!

Upon further inspection of the room, and just having been in there for a little bit, I noticed that it kind of smelt like smoke. Ew. I took my body spray to the room to try and make it smell better, and hoped the smell would go away soon enough. As I prepared to head out, I noticed that my camera battery was dead *le sigh* I plugged it in for the little bit while I got ready and figured Iíd just use my Iphone for everything but character pics tonight, and see how that went. While I freshened up, I also noticed I had left my hair & tooth brush at home. Really?! I am a smart one! I figured Iíd stop at the gift shop on the way out to the busses, and headed out to explore!

A not-so-hidden Mickey!

I had heard a lot of complaints about the All Star resorts, but so far, I was liking it. My room was in a good spot, close, but quiet, the resort was big yes, but hey, itís a Value, and I could tell that, but it was still awesome and the theme was very played up. I accept. I hit up the gift shop, and replaced by brushes for $7.00, and jumped into the bus line for Magic Kingdom! I got in line at 6:45, with one family in front of me, and at 6:55, the bus pulled up. I expected it to swing through all the All Star resorts on itís way out, but it didnít, we went straight to the park, and made it to Magic Kingdom at 7:11, not too shabby! Now, it was time for some adventuring!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #3
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Following along
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA
Old 08-09-2012, 01:30 PM   #4
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I'm in! The room looks really cute! I love the mickeys on the table, and your dress is adorable!

Sounds like you had really good luck with buses that first day! A good omen?
Old 08-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
I'll have one of what ever the tag fairy is drinking tonight
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Hi, joining in.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #6
mcbailey
Mouseketeer

Hi, Joining in on the fun. I can't wait to hear more!
Disney - May, 1985 (offsite); July, 1986 (offsite); October 2000 (first time with kids-offsite); Dec. 2001 (Pop Warner-ASsp); Dec. 2005 (Pop Warner-POR); Dec. 2006 (Pop Warner-POR); Dec. 2010 (Pop Warner-POR); Dec. 2011 (Pop Warner-CBR); Sept. 2013 (BWV)

Universal - July, 2006-Hard Rock; June 2010-Royal Pacific (soft opening for HP) ; Oct, 2014 (Booked at RPR again!!)
Old 08-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #7
Reberella
Mouseketeer

Joining in!

Old 08-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #8
Merida
DIS Veteran

Love your dress! The green is such a great color. I really need to pick up some more sundresses/coordinating footwear - I have some, but never get around to wearing them because I don't have shoes to go with!

I have a soft spot for the All Stars (my first on site - that I remember! - was in an All Star). I just think they're so cute and slightly calmer than Pop (for some reason? idk). I like the Mickey head tables! Even the bedspread isn't as bad as some of the other on-property ones (coughcoughGrandFloridian).
Old 08-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #9
jane2073
DIS Veteran

Great start!
I can't wait to find out how the auditions went!
Old 08-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #10
NancyLuvsMickey
Mouseketeer

I'm here and I can't wait to hear about the auditions!!!
Old 08-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #11
jane2073
DIS Veteran

I just really noticed the title and now I am even more intrigued!!
Old 08-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #12
hlizard
Earning My Ears

Joining

Joinning in!
Old 08-11-2012, 08:35 PM   #13
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the canuck
Following along
Yay!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877
I'm in! The room looks really cute! I love the mickeys on the table, and your dress is adorable!

Sounds like you had really good luck with buses that first day! A good omen?
It was nicer than I thought it would be! Thanks!! It's my Tink styled dress!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife
Hi, joining in.
Hi!! Glad you came over to join!!

Old 08-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #14
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbailey View Post
Hi, Joining in on the fun. I can't wait to hear more!
Hi! I'm glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reberella View Post
Joining in!
Yay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
Love your dress! The green is such a great color. I really need to pick up some more sundresses/coordinating footwear - I have some, but never get around to wearing them because I don't have shoes to go with!

I have a soft spot for the All Stars (my first on site - that I remember! - was in an All Star). I just think they're so cute and slightly calmer than Pop (for some reason? idk). I like the Mickey head tables! Even the bedspread isn't as bad as some of the other on-property ones (coughcoughGrandFloridian).
Thanks! I've spent all summer wearing sundresses, it's so much nicer than just wearing shorts and shirts all the time haha. I'm just glad I've got my flip flops!

I did like All Stars, I still think I like Pop better, and the mods and stuff even better than that, haha!! Pop will always be home to me thanks to it being the first place I stayed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
Great start!
I can't wait to find out how the auditions went!
Thanks!! It shouldn't take too long to get there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyLuvsMickey View Post
I'm here and I can't wait to hear about the auditions!!!
Hi!! Glad you're here to read along

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
I just really noticed the title and now I am even more intrigued!!
Ahahahahahaha!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlizard View Post
Joinning in!
Hi! Glad you're here

Old 08-13-2012, 08:21 AM   #15
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Ooh yay I've been looking forward to hearing about your audition!

That is such a pretty dress on you by the way.

Can't wait to hear about the rest!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: