Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #556
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Off the Ship, and on to Vero Beach

I awoke to some thumping and thunking on debarkation day. (Deparkation is fancy cruise line speak for "you spent your money, now get off so someone else can spend their money"). I don't recall exactly what time I woke up, but it had to be a bit before o'dark thirty. I laid in bed and didn't feel any ocean movements, so doubt was immediately cast on my dreams of the captain deciding to head back out to sea for a few more days. I quietly crawled out of bed and took a peek out of the porthole. The bright, vibrant theater of the port that I remembered from 4 days ago was replaced by a dark, ominous scene of port workers, illuminated in the orange glow of sodium vapor lights, hauling rack upon rack of luggage off of my beloved Disney Dream and into the terminal.

Since we were on the early dining rotation, we had to be back at the Royal Palace for breakfast by 6:45am. We still had plenty of time, so I quietly dressed and sat in the porthole, watching the porters driving forklifts hauling train after train of luggage.

I'd like to say that eventually everyone woke up on their own, but I'm quite sure we had to russel, shake, yell and possibly douse with water, the children to get them up and moving at that ungodly hour. Our bags had been picked up the night before. (tip: make sure you leave out clothes to wear the next day. Otherwise you eat breakfast and get off the ship in your jammies. Even if they are the cool one piece footy PJs with the flap in the back, you're going to get some strange looks.) We gathered up our few carry on (carry off?) bags, did a last sweep of the room to make sure that
a.) We didn't leave anything that belonged to us behind
and
b.) We didn't leave anything that belonged to DCL and wasn't nailed down behind.

Stumbling into Royal Palace, we ordered breakfast off of the menu and a still cheerful Denis happily brought us everything we ordered. Of course he was still cheerful, he got to stay on the ship. We chatted a bit about his homeland of Croatia and how he and his wife were expecting a child soon. He had another month or so on his DCL contract then was taking all of the money he earned back home. I doubt this was a technique to eek out a bigger tip, because we settled all the tips with guest services the night before. But I am glad I gave him more than the suggested amount.

Disney certainly never pushed us out, but they did let us know several times that we were expected to get off as soon as we were done with breakfast. We did make a quick stop up a Shutters (the photo dealer) to pick up the pictures we bought from them and then quietly said good bye to the Donald statue in the atrium.

Getting off the ship is pretty easy - they organize all of the luggage into sections in the terminal and there are porters there ready and willing to assist you in finding it, loading it on their little cart, and getting you through customs. Our porter brought our luggage all the way to the curb where we were to meet our shuttle back to the Country Inn.

Let me play the next few hours in fast forward. I didn't take any pictures and nothing of real consequence happened. We went back to the hotel, loaded up the roof rack and back of the Explorer, took a quick potty break and were on the road, headed South. Yes, south. Disney World is West, but were were headed south to Disney's Vero Beach Resort. No, it's not a convenient cruise hotel - it's a good 2 hour drive - but it is one of the DVC properties that we haven't stayed at yet, so we decided that one night post-cruise would be fun. A brief supply stop at a grocery store and we pulled into the resort around 10:00 am or so.

The ladies at the front desk couldn't have been nicer. They seemed genuinely excited to see us and have us stay with them, then seemed disappointed that we were only staying one night. After plugging their onsite restaurant, they also gave some excellent advice on local dining establishments and were to eat.

We got our room key to a wonderful 2 bedroom villa and immediately found...towel animals!

I don't know why, but both the elephant and the turtle seem to have shifty eyes. I didn't trust either of them.

After a spaghetti lunch in the room, we all donned swim suits and headed for the pool! Because after 4 days of seeing nothing but water, we wanted to see some more.

The kids had some Cars-themed pool toys that would sink to the bottom for you to dive in after. The problem was that Evan was just too buoyant to sink down after them. He needed a bit of help.

Vero has a very nice recreation area including the pool, water slide, mini golf (we played. The kids cheated. But so did I), and, again, after spending 4 days on a boat the kids wanted more time on a boat.

Vero also has some pool games in the afternoon for the kids to participate in. I really hope Madison pulled that tongue in before she licked the limbo pole.

It was getting close to 2pm, and Bambi and I had some disappearing to do. I had looked into booking her a massage on the ship, but by the time we as first time cruisers got into our booking window, the only times left were during either dinner or the shows. I then checked the adult cabanas on Castaway Cay. Holy guacamole, Batman! $$$$! So I did a little more research and found the Spa at Vero Beach offered a couples massage for roughly half the cost of a single massage on the cruise. I'd never done one before and we thought it would be fun few hours away together. So we left Madison and Evan in the care of their grandparents (neither Bambi nor her brother grew up to have any severe problems, so we figured the kids would be safe for a few hours) and headed to the spa.

We checked in and were led to a double room. They told us to undress and get down on the individual beds and under the sheet. It was then that I thought "hmmm...I wonder if I put on clean underwear this morning?" Oh well, too late to worry about that now.

Bambi got a maternity massage and I got...some kind of rubdown. I don't really know. I know it was better than a police pat down and I felt pretty relaxed after wards, so it must have been worth the money.

Meanwhile, the kids were hanging out with grandma and grandpa.

I don't have any photographic proof, but I think that one of Madison is right before she did one of those judo flips to grandma and she ended up flat on her back in the ocean.

Well, she looks pretty dry here so maybe not.

We met up again and all drove down into Vero Beach for dinner. One of the ladies at the front desk suggest Mulligan's - a restaurant right on the beach. It was at the end of a small strip mall and had some nice open air seating just a few feet off the sand. We went for a quick walk on the beach, checked out a few local artists, and listened to some live music while waiting for our table. The food was good, but the sea breeze and the atmosphere really made the dinner.

After dinner it was back to the resort for a good night's sleep. For the kids anyway. I grabbed the camera and wandered the resort for a little bit.

You're probably wondering (but were to afraid to ask) why the resort lights are so very orange. Well, good question. It's because of the Sea Turtles.

COMING UP NE...

What? You're not satisfied with that answer? OK, I'll go into more detail. Sea Turtles come to Vero Beach every year to lay their eggs. Then momma turtle returns to ocean and swims away. When the little turtlelets hatch, they follow the light of the moon to the water. If the lights of the resort were a bright white, the poor little fellas would get confused an follow those lights right into a bush or fence. But they don't pay any attention to the orange lights and can find their way to the ocean just fine. So, with that further explained,

COMING UP NEXT: Sunrise over the Atlantic and Stuffing our Pie Holes at EPCOT.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:25 PM   #557
amandaw
DIS Veteran

BOO! for having to get off the ship!

But YAY! for going to Vero Beach!

The resort looks really nice. I've looked into it once or twice for a possible vacation but wasn't sure. I think we may need to try it out one day.

That's great that y'all were able to escape for a little bit & get massages.

And I love the info on the sea turtles! At first, I was like, "HUH? WHAT?" Thank you for coming back with further details!

Can't wait to hear about stuffing your piehole at EPCOT! Those kinds of updates are always good!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #558
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

What a great report this has been so far. Just wanted to comment that I love to go to Mulligan's whenever we are in that area. Which we will be in a little over two weeks! We have friends that live about 5-10 minutes away from Vero Beach and are going to visit them. But just sitting out back at Mulligan's in those big chairs with a refreshing beverage watching the ocean, ahhhhhhhhh, I don't think it gets much better.

And, all the pictures of your kids are just adorable. That Madison has such an infectious smile. You will have the beat the boys off with a stick when she gets older. And Evan is sure growing up. Love that picture of the two of them on the ship with their semi-formal flip-flops on! He looks like such a little gentleman.

Keep up the great posts and I can't wait to finish reading all about your trip!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:55 AM   #559
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I awoke to some thumping and thunking on debarkation day.
Deck-2… you were fairly close to the action that morning.

Quote:
(Deparkation is fancy cruise line speak for "you spent your money, now get off so someone else can spend their money").
It’s better then being marooned…
But not by much.

Quote:
Since we were on the early dining rotation, we had to be back at the Royal Palace for breakfast by 6:45am.
The price of the early seating.

Quote:
We did make a quick stop up a Shutters (the photo dealer)
“Dealer” is a good word for it.

Quote:
Disney World is West, but were were headed south to Disney's Vero Beach Resort.
Bonus!

Quote:
The ladies at the front desk couldn't have been nicer. They seemed genuinely excited to see us and have us stay with them,
Well… to see everyone else in your party at least.

Quote:
then seemed disappointed that we were only staying one night.
Well… for everyone else in your party at least.

Quote:
Because after 4 days of seeing nothing but water, we wanted to see some more.
Goes without sayin’

Quote:
We went for a quick walk on the beach, checked out a few local artists, and listened to some live music while waiting for our table. The food was good, but the sea breeze and the atmosphere really made the dinner.
Sound’s like an excellent time was had by all. A good first day back on land and not very different from the time spent on the Dream (of course this resort wasn’t moving across the water, but still…)

Quote:
You're probably wondering (but were to afraid to ask) why the resort lights are so very orange. Well, good question. It's because of the Sea Turtles.
That makes sense.
You wouldn’t want to interfere with their nesting habits.

Quote:
What? You're not satisfied with that answer?
No… I’m good.

Quote:
OK, I'll go into more detail.
It’s not necessa…
Oh wait, you weren’t talking to me.

Carry on.

Quote:
Sea Turtles come to Vero Beach every year to lay their eggs. Then momma turtle returns to ocean and swims away. When the little turtlelets hatch, they follow the light of the moon to the water. If the lights of the resort were a bright white, the poor little fellas would get confused an follow those lights right into a bush or fence. But they don't pay any attention to the orange lights and can find their way to the ocean just fine.
Nicely said professor

Quote:
COMING UP NEXT: Sunrise over the Atlantic and Stuffing our Pie Holes at EPCOT.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:05 AM   #560
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
The bright, vibrant theater of the port that I remembered from 4 days ago was replaced by a dark, ominous scene of port workers, illuminated in the orange glow of sodium vapor lights, hauling rack upon rack of luggage off of my beloved Disney Dream and into the terminal.
Amazing what Disney can do just with lighting.

Quote:
I'd like to say that eventually everyone woke up on their own, but I'm quite sure we had to russel, shake, yell and possibly douse with water, the children to get them up and moving at that ungodly hour.
No air horns? I'm disappointed.

Quote:
(tip: make sure you leave out clothes to wear the next day. Otherwise you eat breakfast and get off the ship in your jammies. Even if they are the cool one piece footy PJs with the flap in the back, you're going to get some strange looks.)
Look, I can't sleep when my feet are cold. I've explained this many times.

Quote:
b.) We didn't leave anything that belonged to DCL and wasn't nailed down behind.

Quote:
Let me play the next few hours in fast forward.
Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.

Quote:
I don't know why, but both the elephant and the turtle seem to have shifty eyes. I didn't trust either of them.
They look like the kind of folks that would steal DCL merchandise.

Quote:
After a spaghetti lunch in the room, we all donned swim suits and headed for the pool! Because after 4 days of seeing nothing but water, we wanted to see some more.

Vero has a very nice recreation area including the pool, water slide, mini golf (we played. The kids cheated. But so did I), and, again, after spending 4 days on a boat the kids wanted more time on a boat.
It did seem like that cruise went by awfully fast.

Quote:
It was then that I thought "hmmm...I wonder if I put on clean underwear this morning?" Oh well, too late to worry about that now.
If you have to ask, we don't want to know the answer.

Quote:
I don't have any photographic proof, but I think that one of Madison is right before she did one of those judo flips to grandma and she ended up flat on her back in the ocean.

Quote:
Sea Turtles come to Vero Beach every year to lay their eggs. Then momma turtle returns to ocean and swims away. When the little turtlelets hatch, they follow the light of the moon to the water. If the lights of the resort were a bright white, the poor little fellas would get confused an follow those lights right into a bush or fence. But they don't pay any attention to the orange lights and can find their way to the ocean just fine.
Now that's really interesting. Thanks for the quick nature lesson! Did anyone try to rope the turtles together to make a raft?

So what's the verdict on Vero Beach? Worth the stay? We had thought about trying it out just because it's a Disney property, and it looks like a nice place.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:18 AM   #561
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
(Deparkation is fancy cruise line speak for "you spent your money, now get off so someone else can spend their money").
<-- Not thumbs

Quote:
(tip: make sure you leave out clothes to wear the next day. Otherwise you eat breakfast and get off the ship in your jammies. Even if they are the cool one piece footy PJs with the flap in the back, you're going to get some strange looks.)
Is this experience talking???

Quote:
We gathered up our few carry on (carry off?) bags, did a last sweep of the room to make sure that
a.) We didn't leave anything that belonged to us behind
Good idea.

Quote:
and
Even better idea!

Quote:
Stumbling into Royal Palace, we ordered breakfast off of the menu and a still cheerful Denis happily brought us everything we ordered.
Now that's service. It is the butt crack of dawn, he's dealing with people who are basically being told to get the heck out of here and he's still cheerful.

Quote:
Disney World is West, but were were headed south to Disney's Vero Beach Resort. No, it's not a convenient cruise hotel - it's a good 2 hour drive - but it is one of the DVC properties that we haven't stayed at yet, so we decided that one night post-cruise would be fun.
and a nice transition from life on the sea to being back on land

Quote:
The turtle looks like he has upside down eyes. He must have chosen the orange lights.

Quote:
(we played. The kids cheated. But so did I)
Naturally. How else are they going to learn to do it right?
Old 08-08-2012, 11:52 AM   #562
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
BOO! for having to get off the ship!
I know, right?
Quote:
But YAY! for going to Vero Beach!
I know, right!

Quote:
The resort looks really nice. I've looked into it once or twice for a possible vacation but wasn't sure. I think we may need to try it out one day.
I was worried that it would be boring not having the parks right there, but they really do have a lot to do.

Quote:
That's great that y'all were able to escape for a little bit & get massages.
Me too!
Quote:
And I love the info on the sea turtles! At first, I was like, "HUH? WHAT?" Thank you for coming back with further details!
Education. Just another bonus of a FreezinRafiki Trip Report.

Quote:
Can't wait to hear about stuffing your piehole at EPCOT! Those kinds of updates are always good!
I'll try not to type with my mouth full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
What a great report this has been so far. Just wanted to comment that I love to go to Mulligan's whenever we are in that area. Which we will be in a little over two weeks! We have friends that live about 5-10 minutes away from Vero Beach and are going to visit them. But just sitting out back at Mulligan's in those big chairs with a refreshing beverage watching the ocean, ahhhhhhhhh, I don't think it gets much better.
It's a nice place, that's for sure! I don't recall what we had for an appetizer (onion rings, maybe?) but they were so good we ordered another!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post

And, all the pictures of your kids are just adorable. That Madison has such an infectious smile. You will have the beat the boys off with a stick when she gets older. And Evan is sure growing up. Love that picture of the two of them on the ship with their semi-formal flip-flops on! He looks like such a little gentleman.

Keep up the great posts and I can't wait to finish reading all about your trip!
Thank you!
Old 08-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #563
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
Deck-2… you were fairly close to the action that morning.
Very close. There was a ramp almost directly below our porthole where they were hauling the racks of bags out.

Quote:
It’s better then being marooned…
But not by much.
Is it really considered "marooned" if it's Castaway Cay? Probably not, but I'll try it anyway.

Quote:
The price of the early seating.
Falling asleep in your bacon is a waste of bacon.

Quote:
“Dealer” is a good word for it.
The choice of words was not a mistake....

Quote:
Well… to see everyone else in your party at least.
Hey now, they didn't know me yet. Its usually after people meet me that they decide that they like my family better.

Quote:
Well… for everyone else in your party at least.
See above.

Quote:
Sound’s like an excellent time was had by all. A good first day back on land and not very different from the time spent on the Dream (of course this resort wasn’t moving across the water, but still…)
And after our waiter brought us dinner, he expected to be paid.

Quote:
That makes sense.
You wouldn’t want to interfere with their nesting habits.
Federally protected and all.

Quote:
It’s not necessa…
Oh wait, you weren’t talking to me.
I figured you knew already.
Quote:
Carry on.
Thanks.

Quote:
Nicely said professor
Thank you! I remembered that from the little sign they had near the beach access gate. But it was almost 10 months ago, so I may have forgotten and/or made some of it up.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #564
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Amazing what Disney can do just with lighting.
Disney is harnessing thunderstorms now?!? Oh...lighting. I thought you said something else.

Quote:
No air horns? I'm disappointed.
Me too. They were confiscated at the port.

Quote:
Look, I can't sleep when my feet are cold. I've explained this many times.
Just keep both buttons fastened on that flap. We don't need to see what's back there.

Quote:
Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
+1 Feel free to return that point to me on your TR.

Quote:
They look like the kind of folks that would steal DCL merchandise.
Hey now, it wasn't merchandise. Merchandise implies it was in the store, for sale. We only took the stuff that they freely left in our room. Shampoo, lotion, stationary, lamps, pillows, bedspread, etc.

Quote:
It did seem like that cruise went by awfully fast.
Way too fast.

Quote:
If you have to ask, we don't want to know the answer.
I could have wondered if I was even wearing any.

Quote:
Now that's really interesting. Thanks for the quick nature lesson! Did anyone try to rope the turtles together to make a raft?
I didn't have enough hair to weave the rope.

Quote:
So what's the verdict on Vero Beach? Worth the stay? We had thought about trying it out just because it's a Disney property, and it looks like a nice place.
Very nice place. Disney service to the max - I think they try harder there because they're not near the theme parks, so they push the customer service even higher. I'm glad we did it, but don't know if we could do a full week there. Nice for 3 or 4 days, but if we're going to invest that much time and effort to get to Florida, we're going to hit WDW as well. The resort is about a 10-15 minute drive to most of the other restaurants etc in Vero Beach.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #565
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
<-- Not thumbs
No, not thumbs at all.
Quote:
Is this experience talking???
No, I outgrew all of my footie pjs almost a year ago.
Quote:
Good idea.
Bambi's idea.
Quote:
Even better idea!
My idea.
Quote:
Now that's service. It is the butt crack of dawn, he's dealing with people who are basically being told to get the heck out of here and he's still cheerful.
Disney trains them well.
Quote:
and a nice transition from life on the sea to being back on land
Not bad at all, but like I told Rob, people now expect to be paid for services rendered!

Quote:
The turtle looks like he has upside down eyes. He must have chosen the orange lights.
Or a black light.

Quote:
Naturally. How else are they going to learn to do it right?
Passing on my wisdom to the next generation.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #566
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Sunrise

I know I promised at the end of my last update that this update would take us into EPCOT, but I decided to just do the first part of the day, then do an entire update for EPCOT. Because I said so, that's why!

Since we were back on dry land and I didn't have the gentle rocking of the ocean to lull me back to sleep in the morning, I was up at my usual butt crack of dawn. Not being able to fall back asleep (or really wanting to for that matter) I left a note saying I was going for a walk, grabbed the camera, and well...went for a walk. I'm not a lair, after all.

I took the path back towards the main building and pool, but turned left out to the beach and the deck Disney has overlooking the area. It was a beautiful warm morning and according to the weather data on my phone, I had about 30 minutes before sunrise.

I wandered around the beach for a bit, enjoying the early morning glow that the wisps of sunlight were providing. These are some of the beach-front villas at the resort.

There weren't a lot of other creatures out that morning, but I was joined be a few sea birds out looking for a little maritime breakfast.

The main building with the lobby, restaurants, and some guest rooms.

But I soon turned my attention back to the east, and the glorious views I was getting through the slight cloud cover.

Finally, the sun broke through and spread its golden light over the rolling surf.

My shift was over. I was there to see the sun up, not babysit it all day. Someone else can watch it and make sure it takes the right path through the sky and sets in the west.

I did stop for a few more shots on the way back to the room.

I returned to the room. Some people may have been awake, others maybe not. Honestly, I don't remember. And it's not germane to the story anyway. Not sure why I even included it, other than to add some words to pretty picture-heavy update. words words words words words words words words words. There, that should do the trick.

We packed everything up again, loaded the Explorer and set off for Disney World. The drive is about 2 hours. Not a bad drive if you have an actual seat in the vehicle, but a tad long if you're (hypothetically) crammed into the rear cargo area of a late model domestic SUV. Hypothetically. I've heard. From a friend. Who never breaks the law. Let's move on.

We checked into Saratoga Springs Resorts. We're usually in the Congress Park area of the resort, right across the lake from Downtown Disney. But this time we were in the Carousel, on the farthest other end of the complex. That was fine with us because we'd be spending all of about 8 hours at the hotel, the majority of them being asleep. I did take the required picture of the Mickey towel.

Check that - I stand corrected (even though I'm currently sitting.) There clearly is a bow on that mouse head, making this a Minnie Towel! Kind of exciting, right?

Lunch was at The Artist's Palette, Saratoga Springs' counter service restaurant. Not to be confused with Animator's Palette on the Disney Dream, nor Artist's Point over at Wilderness Lodge. The food is much better than standard resort counter service - kind of like a smaller version of Sunshine Seasons over at Epcot. Speaking of Epcot...

Coming Up Next: We really do stuff our pie holes at Epcot!
Old 08-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #567
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight

Quote:
I returned to the room. Some people may have been awake, others maybe not. Honestly, I don't remember. And it's not germane to the story anyway...
It's not Tito to the story either.

Great Pics Barry!

Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1989
Old 08-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #568
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
I know I promised at the end of my last update that this update would take us into EPCOT
I spotted the lie!

Quote:
The main building with the lobby, restaurants, and some guest rooms.

Finally, the sun broke through and spread its golden light over the rolling surf.

Wow! Really, really great pictures, Barry. Glad you got up early for those.

Quote:
I returned to the room. Some people may have been awake, others maybe not. Honestly, I don't remember. And it's not germane to the story anyway. Not sure why I even included it, other than to add some words to pretty picture-heavy update. words words words words words words words words words. There, that should do the trick.
Ever hear Weird Al's "This Song Is Just Six Words Long"?

Quote:
The drive is about 2 hours. Not a bad drive if you have an actual seat in the vehicle, but a tad long if you're (hypothetically) crammed into the rear cargo area of a late model domestic SUV. Hypothetically. I've heard. From a friend. Who never breaks the law. Let's move on.
Can you imagine if you had to be stuffed back there AFTER spending 4 days gorging yourself on unlimited buffets on a cruise ship?

Quote:
Check that - I stand corrected (even though I'm currently sitting.) There clearly is a bow on that mouse head, making this a Minnie Towel! Kind of exciting, right?
I'm sitting at work right now, so yes, that is exciting. It's all relative.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #569
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
I left a note saying I was going for a walk, grabbed the camera, and well...went for a walk. I'm not a lair, after all.
You're not a liar either.

But then you also said this update would be EPCOT, so maybe you are...

Quote:
A beautiful sunrise.

Quote:
words words words words words words words words words. There, that should do the trick.
One of your most well written updates yet!

Quote:
The drive is about 2 hours. Not a bad drive if you have an actual seat in the vehicle, but a tad long if you're (hypothetically) crammed into the rear cargo area of a late model domestic SUV. Hypothetically. I've heard. From a friend. Who never breaks the law. Let's move on.
Still beats being hypothetically strapped to the luggage rack.

Quote:
Coming Up Next: We really do stuff our pie holes at Epcot!
And how many more updates before we get to that part?
Old 08-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #570
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257

Quote:
And how many more updates before we get to that part?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: