Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
wakica
DIS Veteran

Our day at SeaWorld

Just thought I'd post a link to our day at SeaWorld. doing up a trip report on our 19 day trip to Florida and just got my SW day up.

Hope you'll come check it out and maybe say hello I also put my opinions of the new Turtle Show in there too.

Here's the link...

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=108

or you can find the link to my whole trip report just below by the purple typing.

Me dh dd(16)
wakica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:06 AM   #2
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

thanks - great to see Seaworld Review - we are planning a trip there in October. We haven't been since 2003 so your great photos are a huge planning help

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #3
mwbrown
Earning My Ears

We just did Sea World for the first time since I was a kid 20 years ago and really liked it. We didn't do any of the coasters and all shows and loved it. It's not Disney and there is definitely a customer service gap that is huge, but the park itself is much better than I expected. Loved the dolphin show, the Shamu Rocks show and did the Dolphin Backtage experience where we fed and trained dolphins. Awesome. If all you want is coasters I can see leaving early. We stayed from park open to park close with a brief break back at the pool and still didn't see all we wanted to.

Plus my kids loved the kids area rides. They are hokey but lots of fun.

Mike
mwbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
kingken
LOVEFLORIDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
Just thought I'd post a link to our day at SeaWorld. doing up a trip report on our 19 day trip to Florida and just got my SW day up.

Hope you'll come check it out and maybe say hello I also put my opinions of the new Turtle Show in there too.

Here's the link...

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=108

or you can find the link to my whole trip report just below by the purple typing.
i love see world for all round entertainment btw we love the mime, never gets old
kingken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
mimefan
Earning My Ears

FYI....if you are on Facebook, there is a fan page set up for the SeaWorld mimes. Come join the group! (Search for SeaWorld Mime fan page Orlando or go to link).

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnm.../133019505327/
mimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:33 PM   #6
dclfun
DIS Veteran

TFS! I read all the links and really appreciated your taking the time to post so many details of your trip. Sounds like lots of fun!

Skye sitting in the "poop deck" on the Disney Dream, April, 2011. We just returned from a back to back cruise on the Dream, so she's now sailed 12 times on DCL!
dclfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:10 PM   #7
wakica
DIS Veteran

Glad to see some ppl reading it I agree, if you go to SW to do the shows and other things you could definitely use a few days at the park. There is SOO much to do. The first time we went we did a few shows and the rides and we were there for a VERY long day.

i will definitely pass along the info to the SW Mime fan page to my DH and DD. That`s so funny that they have a page

Me dh dd(16)
Old 07-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #8
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Thanks for the link. I love reading all about other people's holiday experiences. What a lovely detailed report!

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:10 AM   #9
Karkor
Earning My Ears

Really great trip report. Lovely photo's also
Karkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:38 AM   #10
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Where is the Dolphin Nusery located? I can't seem to find it on the map??

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:06 AM   #11
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwbrown View Post
It's not Disney and there is definitely a customer service gap that is huge
Funny how people have different experiences. Our family personally found SeaWorld to be as good, or better, than Disney as far as customer service went. We encountered some great staff that were super friendly and very willing to go the extra mile. Not everyone at Disney was as "magical" as they were hyped up to be.

We have been to all four Disney parks, both Universal parks, SeaWorld and Discovery Cove. The SeaWorld parks (SW and DC) were easily our favourites among them all.

I always find the comment "its not Disney" to be an odd one. Why would anyone expect a totally different park (with its own unique theme and focus), owned by a totally different corporation, to be the same as a competitor? I think the whole idea is to give families another option besides "the mouse".

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! Visit my trip report in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #12
chiamarie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
Where is the Dolphin Nusery located? I can't seem to find it on the map??
It's not very big on the map; but its located near the center of the map.

When you are entering the park, stay to your right hand side as much as possible. You'll walk around Shamu's Emporium, between the emporium and the bakery and ice cream shop. Pass some bathrooms on the right, and a duck pond on your right. Dolphin Nursery is on the left before you head into the "waterfront" area (area where Voyagers, SeaFire Inn, and the Sky Tower are).
chiamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #13
wakica
DIS Veteran

Thanks for checking it out everyone in the next few weeks I hope to get to my Universal Days too. Just working on my Race Day for when we did the Expedition Everest Challenge (5K and scavenger hunt through Animal Kingdom park). Then a few other things - exotic car experience, wedding by Tampa and then on to my Universal Days.

Me dh dd(16)
Old 08-08-2012, 05:37 AM   #14
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiamarie View Post
It's not very big on the map; but its located near the center of the map.

When you are entering the park, stay to your right hand side as much as possible. You'll walk around Shamu's Emporium, between the emporium and the bakery and ice cream shop. Pass some bathrooms on the right, and a duck pond on your right. Dolphin Nursery is on the left before you head into the "waterfront" area (area where Voyagers, SeaFire Inn, and the Sky Tower are).
Thanks. I've made my notes

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: