Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
PrincessTianna05
Earning My Ears

Exclamation Disney Planning Party....Suggestions Please

MY DF and I are taking his immediate family to disney this year for a week this year for free dining Nov 23rd-29th

They have never been to Disney and quite skeptical that the adults will not have any fun, but the aren't going to turn down a free trip. I took my DF last year for his first time and now he's a convert. As all of you know Disney is not a vacation, but a carefully planned adventure. All of them have pulled me aside at different times to ask me questions or sent emails. So DF and I decided that we should have a "Disney Vacation Planning and Information Party" His title not mine

Here is the guest list
Me & DF,
His parents ( Fred & Ethel )- That what I call them at least
3 adult sisters
2 adult nephews
1 teenage niece
1 preschool niece
1 friend of the family
2 infant/toddler great nephews

All in all, 6 disney free dining packages upgraded to DxDDP ( His idea not mine). We are looking for a theme party something not too childish but not too adult.

Any ideas would be great thanks
PrincessTianna05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #2
TinkerbellinLouisian
I think I'm going on my 21st visit in 47 years...

Disney Planning Party

That sounds like FUN!

1. Order the FREE Disney Planning DVD and play it at the beginning of the party...

2. Have as much Mickey Themed Food as you can offer including food with "hidden mickeys" ( think a cheese ball , pretzels, ice cubes, etc)and provide hidden mickeys with any and all decorations, or party items.

3. Disney Trivia with prizes ! (there is a board game and there is also an APP which we played on the way to WDW in May)

4. WDW "Maps" to take home. (You can order the VERY NICE customized maps from WDW disneyworld.com and perhaps copy them?)

5. Recommend "MUST WATCH" Movies to the family. (ie. Star Wars if you plan to visit Star Tours in DHS, Toy Story if you plan to visit TSMM in DHS)

Have a magical visit !

Mary
1970 - (I was 5...it was just a movie being shown back then...still being built)...1974 - WDW - ?...1976 - DL - On the way to moving from CA to FL...1977 - WDW Lake Buena Vista...1981 - WDW High School Dance Competition...1982 - H.S. Dance Competition.....1983 - H.S. Dance Competition...1985 - Offsite...1991 - Offsite (HJ)..1993 - AS Movies...1994 - Offsite ...1995 - AS Music .....1997 - Offsite...1998 - Offsite...2000 - Offsite...2002 - Polynesian (Got Married!)...2004 - Beach Club...2006 - Beach Club...2008 - Beach Club...2010 May 9-14 BCV Graduation Celebration with DS18...2012 Surprising Family on details May Visit to WDW

TinkerbellinLouisian is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2012, 10:06 PM   #3
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

I'd put together a little planning notebook for the adults and maybe some fun travel type games for the kids.

I'd just print the cute maps from the website and copy them at Staples or something.

You could make possible itineraries, what to pack, fun activities to do around WDW, menus to where you want to dine and so on

MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
PrincessTianna05
Earning My Ears

Thank you all

Lovely ideas..Keep them coming..Planning multiple parties
PrincessTianna05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

browse Pinterest? that's my answer to everything creative

MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #6
Smile_4213
Earning My Ears

Me Too!

I'm doing the exact same thing! Our planning party is later this month for 13 people! I purchased a Mickey head sandwich cutter and plan to "pre-cut" the bread, lunch meat, and cheese for the sandwiches. I'm also having other themed foods like Minnie's "Bow Tie" pasta, deviled eggs (representing Donald and Daisy Duck ), and various others. I found some videos on YouTube that show you how to make the ever popular Mickey apples, and I already have all the supplies to make those as party favors! I also found out ahead of time what everyone's favorite Disney character was and ordered lanyards for everyone. I put together folders with information on the dining plans, sample packing lists, to do list worksheets, a sample crowd calendar, and a sheet of various Disney-related fun facts. We are so excited!!

I'd love to hear what you eventually decide to do! Have fun!
Smile_4213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #7
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

You can't make someone love Disney. You need to find out what they like and show they that they can find it at WDW. Find out their interests at a planning session.

Kind of like "If you weren't going on this vacation and could plan a vacation that you wanted, what would it be?"

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extended family, party, planning, suggestions, trip planning

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: