Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #316
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipervali View Post
I'm guessing the reason my reservation out of LAX is saying Counter Service is because I'm using an Entertainment Book e-coupon. I'm wondering if I'd be willing to eat the $30 and not use the coupon just to have the chance to skip the counter. Or can I use the kiosk with a coupon too?

Really just wanting to not have to go to the counter.....
If you are not an Emerald Club member or have not made the reservation via the Emerald Club sign in then you will have to go to the counter or use the kiosk. The "go straight to the garage" is one of the advantages to being an EC member and using the EC sign in for a reservation. Hope this helps.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #317
pipervali
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
If you are not an Emerald Club member or have not made the reservation via the Emerald Club sign in then you will have to go to the counter or use the kiosk. The "go straight to the garage" is one of the advantages to being an EC member and using the EC sign in for a reservation. Hope this helps.
I'm actually an EC member, I just made the reservation and forgot to sign in when doing so. Well less I forgot to sign in and more I couldn't seem to remember my password because I hadn't used it in so long lol

I don't mind being able to use the kiosk though. I just hate having to wait at the counter. So that shouldn't be too bad. Thanks
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #318
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipervali View Post
I'm actually an EC member, I just made the reservation and forgot to sign in when doing so. Well less I forgot to sign in and more I couldn't seem to remember my password because I hadn't used it in so long lol

I don't mind being able to use the kiosk though. I just hate having to wait at the counter. So that shouldn't be too bad. Thanks
You can call National customer service and have your EC number added to the reservation.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:54 PM   #319
wgeo
That's the kind of day where you can't open your mouth without a song jumping right out of it!

Quote:
If you are an Emerald Club member and have reserved a SUV, then you have what is called and Emerald Reserve. Which means, you go straight to the SUV area and select your vehicle, proceed to the exit booth, show your license and you will be on your way. This is of course, assuming, you made your reservation with via the Emerald Club sign in. Keep in mind, please, if you reserved a full size SUV, you will have to go to Alamo to get the vehicle, we don't keep the full size SUVs on the National side. Why? Because they keep the vehicles and keys at the Alamo booth inside the garage.
Thank you so much for taking your time to help all of us out, it is very much appreciated! Yes, I did make the reservation with the Emerald Club sign in, and it was for a mid-size SUV, so if I have understood you correctly, after getting my luggage I can go straight to the National area of the garage, select an SUV and proceed to the exit booth?!? I'm assuming that there will some amazingly helpful person such as yourself to help me once I get into the garage area?

Thanks again!
Gina

DH me DS 10 DD 9

WDW Trips: 1982, 1987, 1994, 2011, 2012, 2014
Disney Magic: 2014
wgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #320
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgeo View Post
Thank you so much for taking your time to help all of us out, it is very much appreciated! Yes, I did make the reservation with the Emerald Club sign in, and it was for a mid-size SUV, so if I have understood you correctly, after getting my luggage I can go straight to the National area of the garage, select an SUV and proceed to the exit booth?!? I'm assuming that there will some amazingly helpful person such as yourself to help me once I get into the garage area?

Thanks again!
Gina
Hi Gina, You are most welcome. Yes, you are absolutely correct. You will go to the mid size SUV area and select your vehicle, drive to the exit booth and show your license and you will be on your way. And yes, there will be someone there to direct you, not sure about the amazingly helpful part, but, I might be here.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:07 AM   #321
Bordassi
Earning My Ears

Just wanted to give a quick update on the Executive Aisle slection at JFK. Upon arrival a friendly employee showed me my way to the aisle and just told me to pick anything I'd like. There were a bunch of convertibles, minivans (Siennas and T&C), SUVs (Suburban, Tahoes, Cherocees, Full size sedans (mainly Camrys) and a few smaller sedans.

Since I was travelling with wife + 3 children and have lots of luggage (5 suitcases, stroller, carry-ons..) I took the Tahoe, which is fully loaded and has about 12K miles on it.

I consider myself lucky! For the price of a midsize I got a full size SUV!
Bordassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #322
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordassi View Post
Just wanted to give a quick update on the Executive Aisle slection at JFK. Upon arrival a friendly employee showed me my way to the aisle and just told me to pick anything I'd like. There were a bunch of convertibles, minivans (Siennas and T&C), SUVs (Suburban, Tahoes, Cherocees, Full size sedans (mainly Camrys) and a few smaller sedans.

Since I was travelling with wife + 3 children and have lots of luggage (5 suitcases, stroller, carry-ons..) I took the Tahoe, which is fully loaded and has about 12K miles on it.

I consider myself lucky! For the price of a midsize I got a full size SUV!
Thanks for the report. Personally, I am delighted that you had a friendly employee and really impressed with their line up that day.
Unfortunately, we are not even close with that line up here in sunny Orlando. We are booked solid on mini vans and SUV's. So, no nifty upgrades for the Aisles. Ahhhh, Orlando in July, what fun!!!
Old 07-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #323
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the report. Personally, I am delighted that you had a friendly employee and really impressed with their line up that day.
Unfortunately, we are not even close with that line up here in sunny Orlando. We are booked solid on mini vans and SUV's. So, no nifty upgrades for the Aisles. Ahhhh, Orlando in July, what fun!!!
Read this people

This is why you should book what you need and not count on that free upgrade
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #324
Chase'n'Ciera
Earning My Ears

Anyone happen to know what is typically on EA at TPA? Flying in there this time and spending a few days on the beach before Disney
Chase'n'Ciera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #325
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Talking

Well flying in aug 9th at 11pm Hope the aisles are not empty. But, always excited to pick our car.

GMEH1, Hope we run into you. Thanks for all the info!

And, anyone, take a car lately? type / brand/ miles???/

mky

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x27], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CSR, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
mkymouse4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #326
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkymouse4ever View Post
Well flying in aug 9th at 11pm Hope the aisles are not empty. But, always excited to pick our car.

GMEH1, Hope we run into you. Thanks for all the info!

And, anyone, take a car lately? type / brand/ miles???/

mky
You are most welcome!!
I will not be there until the 10th (end of my vacation, ). But, I hope you find what you want and if you don't ask, we try very hard to accomodate our customers. We want you completely satisfied!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #327
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Gina, You are most welcome. Yes, you are absolutely correct. You will go to the mid size SUV area and select your vehicle, drive to the exit booth and show your license and you will be on your way. And yes, there will be someone there to direct you, not sure about the amazingly helpful part, but, I might be here.
gmeh1, you are so very helpfull.
I am sorry but I need to bug you with another question (this is our first time renting a car)
we are a family 2A & 2K we will have 4 suitcase and 4 backpacks and a stroller.(sept trip) Will all this fit in a midsize SUV, I did sign in with E Club sign in, so I can just go to the isle (sorry I still don't understand where that is or how to do that)

Thanks again.. Sorry I am clueless when it come to this.
cantwaitvaca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #328
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
gmeh1, you are so very helpfull.
I am sorry but I need to bug you with another question (this is our first time renting a car)
we are a family 2A & 2K we will have 4 suitcase and 4 backpacks and a stroller.(sept trip) Will all this fit in a midsize SUV, I did sign in with E Club sign in, so I can just go to the isle (sorry I still don't understand where that is or how to do that)

Thanks again.. Sorry I am clueless when it come to this.
No worries, always happy to help when I can. Also, you are not bugging me.
First: you are going to go to the area where the midsize SUV's are. The greeter will direct you.
Second: The midsize SUV shows it only holds 3 pieces of luggage, so, my guess is that it will be tight. The standard SUV would be more likely to accomodate your "stuff". Also, a full size car like an Impala would most probably hold more. I have seen people put amazing amounts of "stuff" into those trunks. 18+cubic feet in those babies.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #329
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No worries, always happy to help when I can. Also, you are not bugging me.
First: you are going to go to the area where the midsize SUV's are. The greeter will direct you.
Second: The midsize SUV shows it only holds 3 pieces of luggage, so, my guess is that it will be tight. The standard SUV would be more likely to accomodate your "stuff". Also, a full size car like an Impala would most probably hold more. I have seen people put amazing amounts of "stuff" into those trunks. 18+cubic feet in those babies.
can I upgrade to a standard SUV when I get to the isle? What is a standard SUV?
cantwaitvaca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #330
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
can I upgrade to a standard SUV when I get to the isle? What is a standard SUV?
Yes, you can upgrade when you get to the garage if the mid does not fit your belongings.
Please, keep in mind, you are NOT going to the aisle, you are going to a particular section. If you decide to upgrade you will need to go to the Alamo booth in the garage and upgrade there. Very simple and usually very quick.
A standard SUV is shown on the National page under cars. Jeep Grand Cherokee is what is shown for a standard SUV.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: