Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #76
cittycat
Mouseketeer

So a little birdie told me that there is a Facebook page for the group...how do I find you on Facebook?
Old 08-07-2012, 11:40 AM   #77
kandyk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cittycat
So a little birdie told me that there is a Facebook page for the group...how do I find you on Facebook?
You have been added, I couldn't figure out how to do it from my iPad but got it done from my computer. It was great to meet on Saturday at the Mousemeet, I had a lot of fun and will for sure go next year. We really need to plan to get together again soon. Are you going to go to the Mountainears meeting on Sunday the 19th, I'm thinking about going and would love to see a familiar face.
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #78
cittycat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandyk View Post
You have been added, I couldn't figure out how to do it from my iPad but got it done from my computer. It was great to meet on Saturday at the Mousemeet, I had a lot of fun and will for sure go next year. We really need to plan to get together again soon. Are you going to go to the Mountainears meeting on Sunday the 19th, I'm thinking about going and would love to see a familiar face.
It was great to meet you too!! I think the Mouse meet will sell out pretty fast next year. They also have little 'mini-meets' throughout the year. Usually in Lynnwood at the Spaghetti Factory (it's easy to get the big room). It includes dinner & some type of presentation...sometimes they have a vendor with stuff to purchase usually not. He's branching out though and has done a few little "mouse treks". Like them on FB & you'll be able to keep up to date

I would LOVE to get together with you sometime!! Thank you for adding me to the FB group! (What are swagbucks??). I will probably head to Southcenter later this month with my daughter; I want to show her the Fireworks store & we'll do Rainforest Cafe...maybe we could meet then. I'll let you know when we are planning to go.

I am waiting to finalize a few things for the weekend of the 18th, but I think I will be going! I will let you know for sure though later this week.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #79
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cittycat View Post
It was great to meet you too!! I think the Mouse meet will sell out pretty fast next year. They also have little 'mini-meets' throughout the year. Usually in Lynnwood at the Spaghetti Factory (it's easy to get the big room). It includes dinner & some type of presentation...sometimes they have a vendor with stuff to purchase usually not. He's branching out though and has done a few little "mouse treks". Like them on FB & you'll be able to keep up to date

I would LOVE to get together with you sometime!! Thank you for adding me to the FB group! (What are swagbucks??). I will probably head to Southcenter later this month with my daughter; I want to show her the Fireworks store & we'll do Rainforest Cafe...maybe we could meet then. I'll let you know when we are planning to go.

I am waiting to finalize a few things for the weekend of the 18th, but I think I will be going! I will let you know for sure though later this week.
Wish I lived up there, I would love to do MouseMeet! And it would be cooler than here in Phoenix. Although I don't want to do winters again!!!

Oh, swagbucks... How to explain?? Here's a link to my blog that's a little outdated but hopefully you get how it works: http://shopping-and-saving.blogspot....wag-bucks.html. This is what I've gotten since I started about 2 years ago: about 65 $5 Amazon gift cards and 5 $50 Southwest gift cards. My DD and DS also do it, though not as much as I do, and they've gotten $5 Amazon gift cards and $10 (I think) Starbucks gift cards. I started off really working it, then didn't really use it much other than to search. Now, I'm at least trying to get the Daily Goal they set every day to get some extra bonus swagbucks.

Hope everyone is having a great week. Vicki, Becci and I are going to Destination D this weekend. I'm leaving on Thursday, returning on Monday. Let me know if anyone will be in the parks Thursday or Friday.

Also, the Dashing Divas are participating in MouseAdventure in Disneyland at the end of September with 2 newbies!! Kandace and Bridget don't know what they're getting into to. Mary Jo & Chris, is your team going to be there?
Old 08-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #80
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Drive by Hi!
Old 08-07-2012, 03:08 PM   #81
bellaally
DIS Veteran

I would love to do something like this trip. It's sounds amazing and fun, I also saw a lot of pictures from last years dis diva meet. But sadly I'm a chicken and really shy anyone else like me but still went?
Old 08-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #82
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaally View Post
I would love to do something like this trip. It's sounds amazing and fun, I also saw a lot of pictures from last years dis diva meet. But sadly I'm a chicken and really shy anyone else like me but still went?
Most of us felt that way the first year. But once you're there, and you've been chatting on here, it's like you've known each other forever! Come on, join us!!
Old 08-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #83
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If it helps any I'm new this year too and am really shy but the trip sounds like so much fun!!! I know that there are a few other first time Divas also.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #84
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPinup View Post
Do any of you watch Big Brother? We have been watching for 9 years now - I am on Team Frank/Boogie this year. Boogie is a not-so-secret crush of mine
I watch BB. I love it! I am just catching up on the last wk of Big Brother today.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #85
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
If it helps any I'm new this year too and am really shy but the trip sounds like so much fun!!! I know that there are a few other first time Divas also.
Me too! I can't wait!

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
Old 08-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #86
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I am new as well. And I haven't had a whole lot of time to come and chat on here to get to know anyone, but I hope to get to know some before the trip. I am really shy too, so I am a little nervous coming on my own for this. I might still try and see if a friend can come with me, cause I am not sure about traveling alone. But I if I have to come alone, I will. I am in serious need of a Disneyland visit!
Old 08-07-2012, 07:07 PM   #87
bellaally
DIS Veteran

I am glad not to be the only one. I have never been to any Disney park. I am planing my first trip with my husband for WDW. Also he has a family member getting married in California in may so I though we have never been to California might as well visit Disneyland too. So I found this group and I though it would be fun to visit and get to know and meet some cool people in the process.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:49 PM   #88
hugabearjo
DIS Veteran

New too!

My niece and I are thinking we can't resist the fun. How do we get signed up and get tee shirts and learn all the tricks to plan for.... The pictures show some creative costume planning how does that take place.....can't wait to get involved.......
Old 08-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #89
raftislander
Mouseketeer

Ok ...I have been lurking on these threads for at least three years wanting to join the fun but not being able to due to timing. This is the YEAR!!! My name is Kit. I am a working mom with a daughter about to go off to college - University of Oregon- this fall, leaving me with an empty nest. I was at the PNW Mousemeet too! I have been every year as it is a great Disney fix that doen not require a plane ride. Sorry I missed the opportunity to meet up with some Divas. Things have been so busy at work that I am way behind on this thread or I might have known. I will be staying at the Grand California. My sister who lives in Nevada and maybe a sister-in-law may come along for the fun as well. So Hello

Old 08-07-2012, 11:51 PM   #90
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Quote:
We're all shy. Can't you tell?
Read the first page to find out about all the fun stuff planned for the trip such as the Meet & Greet and the Scavenger Hunt.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: