Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #46
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
WE WANT AN UPDATE! WE WANT AN UPDATE!! WITH PICTURES!!!
Update coming up next!!

Old 08-07-2012, 08:57 AM   #47
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

In the Big Blue World

"In the big blue world, I’m gonna go explore…." Finding Nemo The Musical

After saying goodbye to Downtown Disney and T-Rex

It was time to visit…..

I can’t begin to tell you how excited I was to see the new resort. I had been looking at pictures and watching videos of the opening for weeks before our trip.
We walked into the lobby and this is what we saw!! It’s even better in person!!

I loved how you see the sketches along the wall and then how they transform into the characters we know and love!!

We made our way into the gift shop which is called the Ink and Paint Shop. Although, we didn’t buy anything we had fun looking around. I liked that they had resort specific merchandise.

Next up...was to check out the new counter service restaurant-- Landscapes of Flavor. Unfortunately, I didn’t get any pictures. It looked amazing though. It was so cool how they incorporated all the different themes of the resort within the food court. I wish we would have been able to eat there. Oh well.

After exploring the inside of the resort we decided to make our way outside. I couldn’t wait to see all the little details that I had read so much about before the trip.

Looking toward the pool area in the Finding Nemo section--

We turned right and started heading toward the Cars section.
Mine! Mine! Mine! So cute!

Welcome to Radiator Springs!

I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves…..

Continued in next post---

Last edited by Angies1274; 08-27-2012 at 06:54 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #48
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Continued from previous post.....

The boys were having so much fun, that DH and I had to get in on the action as well.

Soon, we were making our way back to the Finding Nemo section.

I attempted a shot of Pop Century across the lake.

It was at this point DH and the boys decided to head back to Pop while I made my way back over to the pool area to take some more pictures.

Apparently, Nick hung around a bit so he could see Mr. Ray.(which I had forgotten about) But, then he took off to meet up with DH and Noah.

The resort looks amazing!! We were in awe looking at everything. I wasn’t sure at first about the sketches on the buildings but it really works when you see it all together. The details are really incredible. I’m so glad that we took the time to visit that night.

After saying goodbye to the Art of Animation, it was time to cross the generation bridge back to Pop Century and catch up with DH and the boys.
I attempted a few pictures on the way back to our room.

Once we got back to our room, we grabbed our refillable mugs and made our way to the food court. Then it was back to the room, where the boys watched a little of the Disney channel while we got ready for bed. It wasn’t long before lights were out. We had a busy day the next day. It was our first EMH morning in the summer. How would we do?

Up Next- Magic Kingdom…Welcome to the place where dreams come true!

Old 08-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #49
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Wow! The Art of Animation Resort looks so neat! Hunter and I think the resort looks really cool. John? "It looks like a bunch of cartoons." Uh, yeah, that's what it is supposed to look like.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #50
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
It looks like your trip is coming up really soon. You must be getting so excited. We're hoping to go in either the fall or winter on our next trip in 2014. Which is a good thing because I can't decide whether I want to be there for MNSSHP or MVMCP. Good thing I have 2 years to think about it!
I'm so very glad we went on our Christmas trip, but for now I really do prefer Halloween. The MNSSHP parties are the BEST! Might have to have a do-over for Christmas though....

I'm glad to see you enjoyed T-Rex, that will be a new ADR for us this time around. The dessert you had made me chuckle... they look and sound exactly like Timbits from our local coffee shop. Minus the chocolate and caramel sauce though.... is that what made them especially yummy?

Hoo hoo for Art of Animation! I cannot wait to get there!! We're staying in a Little Mermaid standard room (Alex is staying home ) and it will be amazing to roam everywhere!
Old 08-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #51
JDailey
Mouseketeer

Joining in....all caught up on your P.T.R as well!
Old 08-08-2012, 12:52 PM   #52
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Wow! The Art of Animation Resort looks so neat! Hunter and I think the resort looks really cool. John? "It looks like a bunch of cartoons." Uh, yeah, that's what it is supposed to look like.
The boys and I loved seeing the resort. DH..I'm not too sure. He didn't say much and seemed too willing to head back to Pop. Noah loved it so much he has mentioned more than once since we've been back how cool it would be to stay there next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
I'm so very glad we went on our Christmas trip, but for now I really do prefer Halloween. The MNSSHP parties are the BEST! Might have to have a do-over for Christmas though....

I'm glad to see you enjoyed T-Rex, that will be a new ADR for us this time around. The dessert you had made me chuckle... they look and sound exactly like Timbits from our local coffee shop. Minus the chocolate and caramel sauce though.... is that what made them especially yummy?

Hoo hoo for Art of Animation! I cannot wait to get there!! We're staying in a Little Mermaid standard room (Alex is staying home ) and it will be amazing to roam everywhere!
Yay for staying at the Art of Animation!! I didn't know that! You'll have a great time!! So much to see. Aww...too bad Alex isn't going though.

I think you'll really like T-Rex. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. Too funny you mentioned the dessert looking like Timbits. You mean Timbits from Tim Horton's right? We had a Tim Horton's in our mall many years ago. Actually, DH worked there for a while when we were dating that's how long ago it was. Anyway, I think it was the warm chocolate and warm caramel sauce that made them so yummy!!

MNSSHP does look like a lot of fun!! I know my boys would really enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDailey View Post
Joining in....all caught up on your P.T.R as well!
Welcome!! I'm so glad you joined in!!

Old 08-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #53
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Yay for staying at the Art of Animation!! I didn't know that! You'll have a great time!! So much to see. Aww...too bad Alex isn't going though.

I think you'll really like T-Rex. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. Too funny you mentioned the dessert looking like Timbits. You mean Timbits from Tim Horton's right? We had a Tim Horton's in our mall many years ago. Actually, DH worked there for a while when we were dating that's how long ago it was. Anyway, I think it was the warm chocolate and warm caramel sauce that made them so yummy!!

MNSSHP does look like a lot of fun!! I know my boys would really enjoy it.
We'd originally booked POFQ but I switched us once details of AoA started coming out. We're really looking forward to it!

The noise level concerns me a little bit for T-Rex but I'll be sure to throw some Motrin in my bag just in case. Timbits from Tim Horton's - yes! My DH worked there long ago too, as an overnight baker. I'm addicted to Timmie's coffee

We'll be going to our fourth MNSSHP on this trip and there are still things we haven't done yet.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #54
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

Loved the updates!!!! Our last trip, we were in AK, in the back of the park, near KRR, when the hour long monsoon hit. We, like 3000 other park goers, decided to wait in the EE gift shop. It wasn't too bad at first, except for the fact that people continued to pour in as the storm progressed! Soon there was no way you could even move!! Groups got separated as walls of human flesh pushed in from all different entrances. It also got VERY cold while the storm was going on.

I'm just going to add here that all of those hot sweaty people who were suddenly drenched, pressed together, nose to nose, buttocks to buttocks, didn't smell all too hot!!! My friend and I found the whole thing pretty funny and just kidding around, said 'hey, we should start the wave'.....

Well it took off and everyone had a great laugh about it! Even rain is magical at WDW. : Bye the time the rain started to let up, we put on our ponchos and hit the path. My friend ended up buying crocs, as his tennies never dried out. He got tired of the squishing sound, by the time we got off the bus at AKL.

Loving all of your pictures and looking forward to more!!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #55
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
We'd originally booked POFQ but I switched us once details of AoA started coming out. We're really looking forward to it!

The noise level concerns me a little bit for T-Rex but I'll be sure to throw some Motrin in my bag just in case. Timbits from Tim Horton's - yes! My DH worked there long ago too, as an overnight baker. I'm addicted to Timmie's coffee

We'll be going to our fourth MNSSHP on this trip and there are still things we haven't done yet.
Good idea on the Motrin. It was a fun experience but it can get loud especially during the meteor showers.

Too funny! My DH was an overnight baker as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Loved the updates!!!! Our last trip, we were in AK, in the back of the park, near KRR, when the hour long monsoon hit. We, like 3000 other park goers, decided to wait in the EE gift shop. It wasn't too bad at first, except for the fact that people continued to pour in as the storm progressed! Soon there was no way you could even move!! Groups got separated as walls of human flesh pushed in from all different entrances. It also got VERY cold while the storm was going on.

I'm just going to add here that all of those hot sweaty people who were suddenly drenched, pressed together, nose to nose, buttocks to buttocks, didn't smell all too hot!!! My friend and I found the whole thing pretty funny and just kidding around, said 'hey, we should start the wave'.....

Well it took off and everyone had a great laugh about it! Even rain is magical at WDW. : Bye the time the rain started to let up, we put on our ponchos and hit the path. My friend ended up buying crocs, as his tennies never dried out. He got tired of the squishing sound, by the time we got off the bus at AKL.

Loving all of your pictures and looking forward to more!!
Thanks!!

Your rain story sounds very similar to ours but we got out before it got that crowded. I'm sure that's what it would have been like if we had stuck around. That gift shop was small...although maybe it just seemed that way with so many people.

It sounds like you made the best out of the situation though!! Too funny about starting the wave!! I guess rain can be magical at Disney!!!

Old 08-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #56
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Great pictures of Art of Animation! It really does look awesome. I'd love to stay there some day actually. The Cars and Nemo parts are so stinking cute (of course I am biased because I love Nemo and the Cars one is just so well done). It'll be neat to see what the rest of the resort looks like when those sections open!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 08-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #57
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Great pictures of Art of Animation! It really does look awesome. I'd love to stay there some day actually. The Cars and Nemo parts are so stinking cute (of course I am biased because I love Nemo and the Cars one is just so well done). It'll be neat to see what the rest of the resort looks like when those sections open!
I know! I would love to stay there especially in the Nemo section since it's one of my very favorite Pixar movies. I could watch it again and again. Can't wait until it comes out in 3D in September!! I think the Lion King section opens up tomorrow? It will be fun to see all the pictures of the opening.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #58
ellajeansmom
Mouseketeer

Great updates

for visiting Canada (you know I'm a little biased). Wow that rain really came down at Epcot - the skies didn't even look that dark in your pictures right before.

Good for you to do a little exploring on your own, oh and my mouth is watering just thinking about that caramel popcorn!

The inside of T-Rex looks really cool, glad you enjoyed your meal.

AoA looks amazing Ella would love being in the LK section, well let's be honest so would I! Thanks for all the wonderful pics
Old 08-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #59
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

I'm in and loving this report!!!

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13 ASSp 2015

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
Old 08-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #60
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Hey! A little late for the party but I am all read up!! Your pictures of POP and AoA have me even more excited (if that's possible!) for October!!

I loved seeing the pictures in Vermont. That is one place I have always wanted to go as well as the Adirondack Mtns.

I know where we were on your rainy Epcot day and it was icky!! We went to T-Rex that night too!! But from the looks of your pictures we were waiting for a table while you were at AoA. However our paths could have passed since we were shopping for a while before and mostly in World of Disney! It was so crowded though that night!

oh, and back to the very beginning...I laughed because we sound so much alike! I am a super planner but this trip we slowed it down and I tried to not be so rigged. I think planning and "going with the flow" can both work!! But the tour groups really began to get to us! They were everywhere!!!!

Can't wait for more!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: