Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2012, 04:37 AM   #11
shushh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabecs View Post
Shushh - that is going to be an amazing trip!
Thanks dabecs! It took some time putting it all together but we're very excited about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Wendy View Post
So so so so jealous of Shushh -though after a bout of shingles you deserve a big treat!! Hope you are all better now. So looking forward to the trip report!

We have almost decided on a trip to the UK (to see friends and rellies) late next year with a side trip to DLP and around 2 weeks in southern Spain and Barcelona so will be following TR with even more care-noting what to do and not to do and where to eat at DLP. At this stage in my reading I share reservations about the negatives (also the comments on the amount of breakdowns, dilapidated nature of attractions inside, animatronics not working etc) but also looking forward to exploring all the walk-throughs and detail as seems lots of differences in this regard and the castle looks stunning - to actually stay at DH -in my dreams! I am trying to decide which hotel sounds the best as lots of negative press on the Paris Boards on many and the close, off site ones seem to get better reviews...but on-site is so much better! The cruise sounds amazing too and such a treat for the children to travel with both sets of grandparents. Did I say I was jealous (and I know, I am lucky I am still planning another amazing OS trip for ourselves for next year but there is always so many more destinations I would love to see!)
No need to be jealous! Spain and the UK will be awesome. We loved Barcelona and have been yearning to go back to see the rest of the country. I am following Ms Shuttergirls trip planning to the UK very closely and will be doing the same with yours. My MIL is from England and she has been pestering us to go back with her for years. We thought about doing it this year but had difficulty squeezing it in. Its high on our wishlist. And I still clearly remember when I was reading your TR how I WISHED I was back in NY! I think that's half the problem being on these boards, there's always someone going somewhere special! It makes it even harder when you personally don't have a trip in the near future. As hard as most of us try not to, its difficult to avoid "trip envy"! And yes I do agree with the part about so many destinations to see...sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl View Post
Shushh after looking at your cruise I'm all loving the cruises and can't stop looking at Santorini photos along with all of the other stops a Mediterranean cruise would include. Sigh. So many trips, so little time, so little money .

I have no time to be thinking about my Italy Spain Greece Turkey trip of 2014 but I just can't keep looking to the future .

It will be great that you are blazing a trail for us all Shushh and Wendy, you can blaze the Spain trail for me late next year. Nice.
Hehehe, it sounds like me planning my Dec 2013 USA roadtrip with this current trip not fully organised yet...

Yeah, cruises always suck me in without fail! So MANY cruises I want to go on!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl View Post
As was always going to be the case, New York is turning into the most expensive leg of our trip due to "activities". My husband loves all the new york teams so if possible wants to see his sporting events here so we've bought NY Knicks tickets for December 23, about to buy NY Rangers tickets for December 22, unfortunately or fortunately, I can't decide, we miss the Grin Iron season.

We have tickets to see Grinch on December 24 and tickets to see the Christmas spectacular on December 25. And I still would like to see a broadway show. Ouch. We might be on bread and water for the remainder of the trip hahaha.

And god help me if a singer or band my husband likes gets announced for while we are in the US, he won't be able to resist.

Good to get these things booked and we aren't planning on doing anything like this in any of the other cities at this time, but hey, never say never.
That's a full on schedule! Good for you, I expected nothing less! It sounds like a lot of fun. If you're not going to treat yourself while in NY at Christmas then when are you going to do it
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: