Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2012, 12:00 AM   #211
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:22 AM   #212
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Thank you Michele!!

It's always good to dance with someone rather than alone, although that can be fun too. But in this case, much more fun to do with friends.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2012, 12:53 AM   #213
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

I promise to get an update in here soon.

Last week was Birthday planning for my baby girl, she turned 13.

And this last weekend and this week have been about school shopping and getting her packed for her summer trip to visit her grandparents.

A little break for Mama!!

Ty (my 20 year old boy) leaves to go back to College this weekend and then in a couple of weeks my Mr. Incredible will fly out to visit with his family and bring back my girlie.

I'll actually have the house to myself for a few days!!!

After being in this house with my son for a summer (as much as I love him) I'm ready for a good break from everyone and everything. Let's just say he's left me a bit worse for the wear.

Maybe some of you parents of older kids will understand this....

I have now officially become the dumbest person to walk this earth! That's right folks you heard it here first!
Hear ye! Hear ye!! The last 41 years of my life have accounted for ZIP! ZILCH! NA-DA!
Apparently, it's a friggin miracle that I can walk and talk on my own let alone breath without some sort of apparatus to help aid me in doing so!

Pat assures me it get's better, I'm holding on to your words of wisdom Pat.
I know it's all apart of the age and that he's trying to find his way, but does it have to happen while tromping all over me?!? I just pray to the heavens I didn't act like that when I was his age, what am I saying?!? I was married and going to have a baby the next year at his age!! I guess it could be worse, huh?!?
Aaaaah, what we do and put up with for our kids. <big sigh>

<starts speaking to herself as she looks at pictures of her children when they were beyond adorable and couldn't get enough of them> I love my children....I love my children....I love my children.....I really, really love my children.

DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Old 08-07-2012, 01:06 AM   #214
kaoden39
Hugs

I keep the mantra of it does get better on a loop in my mind. My two oldest are 18 and 19. The 18 year old is much easier to deal with, she tries to get along but I am sure that will stop when she goes to college. The 19 year old on the other hand drives me over the edge. There seems to be a constant battle she is never happy with me. I can do nothing right. She has joined the club of if I speak the loudest I must be right club. My son is 16 and well, I have hope that he will stay the calm, cool, helpful person.

I think we should start a support group. It should be called "Mom's who know more than you think!!"
Old 08-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #215
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

happy dance for your trip getting closer.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #216
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I am actually becoming smarter now in my 20 year olds eyes...but I think my 23 year old still thinks I pretty much dumb.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #217
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I am actually becoming smarter now in my 20 year olds eyes...but I think my 23 year old still thinks I pretty much dumb.

I don't remember going through this stage. Maybe I am wrong but I swear I never went through it.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:26 PM   #219
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I keep the mantra of it does get better on a loop in my mind. My two oldest are 18 and 19. The 18 year old is much easier to deal with, she tries to get along but I am sure that will stop when she goes to college. The 19 year old on the other hand drives me over the edge. There seems to be a constant battle she is never happy with me. I can do nothing right. She has joined the club of if I speak the loudest I must be right club. My son is 16 and well, I have hope that he will stay the calm, cool, helpful person.

I think we should start a support group. It should be called "Mom's who know more than you think!!"
I think you're right, we should!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
happy dance for your trip getting closer.

Thank you Dan, you're sweet. I saw the pics of your sweetheart and babies on FB today, sooo cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Jen, I'm totally with you. I don't know what it is but it's not fun to go through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I don't remember going through this stage. Maybe I am wrong but I swear I never went through it.
I've thought the same thing Michele, I pray I've never made my parents feel this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Camille! Your trip is getting closer and closer!

Sorry about your son. Hope it gets better soon.
I know! I know!!

No worries, I'm "complaining," more with a ha-ha than a true upset. Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy about it, but I can still laugh about it.

Now we're finding out from our son that he's lost out on part of his loans, the part that pays for a parking pass, food and his books because his grades weren't high enough. My response.......

We already pay out for so many other things, car insurance, clothing, living expenses, minus food since he was on the food plan, etc., etc.
It's hard as heck to take a hard line approach to this but I think being knocked down a few pegs by walking to school (he lives close now) and having to work more to earn money for food and books is a good thing. My hope is that it will make him appreciate it more and realize he can't fool around with his grades and expect things to still come as easy as they had been.
This is so hard as the mom, but I think this lesson will be the one to help make him into a man. <Lord willing>

Old 08-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #220
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Thank you Dan, you're sweet. I saw the pics of your sweetheart and babies on FB today, sooo cute!
they had a blast at the fair checking out the animals...im going back with them later this week to see more

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #221
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
And this last weekend and this week have been about school shopping and getting her packed for her summer trip to visit her grandparents.

A little break for Mama!!

Quote:
Maybe some of you parents of older kids will understand this....

I have now officially become the dumbest person to walk this earth! That's right folks you heard it here first!
Hear ye! Hear ye!! The last 41 years of my life have accounted for ZIP! ZILCH! NA-DA!
Apparently, it's a friggin miracle that I can walk and talk on my own let alone breath without some sort of apparatus to help aid me in doing so!
Maybe a quote from the movie 3:10 to Yuma will help:

"Even bad men love their mommas."
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:20 AM   #222
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
they had a blast at the fair checking out the animals...im going back with them later this week to see more
Take lots of pictures of those babies!! I want to see them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post

Yes! One down, and one more to go!! Does that make me a bad mom?

Maybe a quote from the movie 3:10 to Yuma will help:

"Even bad men love their mommas."
I sure as heck hope so!! Cause he's sure not acting like it.
I love that kid, I really do, but dang! He's wearin me out! I do not wish these moments on anyone. But, these are the moments that will make future moments of victory, that much sweeter.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #223
Cameo818
Mouseketeer

Ahhhh...thank you for showing me what I have to look forward to with the kiddos. I'm still very happy my little ones are 9 and 6, although they certainly have their moments (especially with the 6-year-old who thinks she's 13).

Happy dance for 9 more months until your trip!

DLR trips - '93, '94, '95 (14 trips), '97 (3 trips), '98 (honeymoon), '10 (PPH), '12 (PPH), '13 (PPH), '14 (PPH)
WDW trips - '92 with parents & sister (Dixie Landings), '96 with extended family (offsite - there were 18 of us!), & 2000 with DH (Port Orleans), '14 half day in Epcot due to Conference (offsite)
Disney Cruise Line - hoping sometime in 2016?
Cameo818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #224
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Day 2!! First Day In The Parks!!

Hellooooo My DIS Brothers and Sisters!

This is Day 2 and it's our first official park day!!!

According to my sources it's a "go" to go to MK, DHS or AK on this day. Sooo where do you have it planned to go to today?

MAGIC KINGDOM!!

My laughing place. My magic. My getting to be a kid with reckless abandon, all rolled up into one!
It's Mackie's favorite park too so it's good we're starting out our trip in our favorite park.

We'll more than likely start out our morning early enough to make rope drop and hopefully early enough to miss the crowds on the bus <fingers crossed> which means breakfast in the room or on the fly. Something fast and easy and probably not ordered from Personal Disney Shopper (not to be mistaken with Personal Walt Disney Shopper ) or Garden Grocer just yet. I believe we'll save that for the next day since we'll then be checking in to CSR for the longer part of our trip. Seems silly to have stuff delivered somewhere we'll only be for a couple of days, don't ya think?

We'll make our way over to the park and watch the opening show and sing along with them since one of Mackenzie's and my favorite movies is Singing In The Rain, and since the Good Morning song is sung in that movie, we know it fairly well. Okay, okay, truth be told....I'll be singing along and she'll be beyond embarassed and trying to make her get away.
It's true.
I'm trying to introduce the classics to Mackenzie, so far she's a big fan of Meet Me In St. Louis, My Fair Lady, and Singing In The Rain (which by the way is going to be shown in theaters again August 22nd for one final showing, check with fathomevents.com for your local listing on that day-should only be two showings 2pm and 7pm)

This will be a very exciting morning since it will be not only our first park of the trip but also our first time seeing the new Fantasy Land!!!

It will be seriously hard to contain ourselves as we'll be making our way around the park on the train, which is tradition to ride the train to the Mts. when we hit the park. We'll stop to ride at least one Mt. and then we'll get fastpasses for the other if the line is long. Then, hop the train again and make our way over to the new Fantasyland!! We'll more than likely be spending as much time there as we can, I. CAN. NOT. WAIT!! We'll have to make our way back over to do one of the Mts. again and then we'll probably high tail it over to our first ADR of the trip!!

Liberty Tree Tavern

Mackenzie and I have not eatin here yet, but we hear really good things about it. I'll more than likely have the Colony Salad and I especially want to try out a specific dessert.
I know, I know, I'm losing weight and all I seem to talk about is the desserts. I promise I'll be good, I certainly won't blow all my hard work while in Disney World. There's just a few places I've always wanted to try and this is one of them. The Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake is what I'm aiming for. Now, I say this but I'm not sure I'll even be able to eat it since I've restricted myself from sugar for so long, so much so that it doesn't take much to make me feel sick when eating it. Sooooo, more than likely what will end up happing is me convincing Mackie to order whatever dessert I want and then I'll just take a couple of bites and then pass the rest onto her. Think she'll fall for it?
That's the plan anyway.....What?!!?
Does that make me a mean mom?

Once we're done with lunch we'll decide if we want to go back to the resort to swim and rest or to push on and conquer all that is Magic Kingdom!!
I'm hoping the time of year we'll be there it won't prove to be a crowded park, then we can go on and discover all that we can. I love being in the park all day on the first day.

I'm still deciding if we want to do another ADR that evening or just find a CS that we'll be happy with. The ADR I'm thinking about (since it will all be out of pocket at this point) is The Plaza, I've never eatin there either and it sounds like a good place to get a sandwich. I'm thinking the Plaza Club or burger, maybe I should have a burger during lunch and then do a salad here in the evening. Probably a better way to burn off what I'm eating. No dessert here for me or Mackie, I realize how much we may be missing out but we have a tradition that we must partake in later that evening.

I'm sure we'll finish out the evening riding what we've missed and then taking in Wishes. We're neither one for parades, unless it's Spectro and then maybe we'll watch. We really rather do rides. The Electrical Parade isn't our thing. I think it's the music and some of the creepy characters on the balls that spin with the weird masks.
No judging, we all have our thing.

Once Wishes is over we'll make a bee line to Liberty Square Sleep Hollow to get our last treat in for the day. Either a waffle or a funnel cake covered in strawberries to share, we'll then sit and watch the Castle change colors as everyone in the park makes their way to their homes for the evening.
One of my most favorite things to do when in Magic Kingdom....it's like you have the place alllll to yourself.

That's Day 2!!

Last edited by Millie12591; 09-17-2012 at 01:48 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: