Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #106
quantumottle
DIS Veteran

Your situation sounds very similar to ours. We'll be there this evening, and if we can add a day we'll go on arrival day (today) otherwise, we'll go tomorrow.

Thanks for the update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmusic View Post
So the consensus, if there is one, is to go on arrival day to the main ticket kiosks outside between the two parks, take your original tickets, ask to upgrade prior to any use, and that way you can decide if you want to use the day of arrival or not? Daughter is going in a few weeks and we were shocked to read no more 6-day passes available online. While our experience in Disneyland means I can see nearly everything I want to in 2-3 days, we also like to go at a slower pace, take breaks, go the evening of arrival and go a little the day of departure. Also usually we take someone who hasn't been EVER to the parks or hasn't been in many years and it's fun to do it all....

I will print out the VP's article comments, saying it's just a nice place to "hang out" and of making it possible to go from a 5-day to a 6-day vacation, along with some helpful tips, that way hopefully they can be persuasive.

Anything else I'm missing at this point?
quantumottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #107
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerlilyAJ View Post
I think it might depend on where you get them. I have no idea on what WDW regularly charges for their tickets, but here:
http://www.flightcentre.ca/vacations/disneyworld
Click on "Park Tickets" in the center, gray bar.
FC sells Canucks 7-day Magic Your Way WDW tickets for $318 (CDN), so less than $30 more than DLR's own price for five days. I'd pay $30 per person for two more days. 10-day tickets are $352, so ~$60 more for twice the number of days. Again, a deal I'd gladly take if I were certain the tickets would be accepted (and could convince my even more anxious DH of the same).
You're comparing DL hoppers to WDW non-hoppers.

WDW 7 day hopper: $376 10 day hopper: $409
DL 5 day hopper: $270

WDW 7 day non-hopper: $323 10 day non-hopper: $357
DL 5 day non-hopper: $240
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #108
Karenann*
Wishing upon a Star...

TODAY 8/5/2012 I upgraded a 6 day PH purchased before May price increase for $5.00.
I went to the ticket booth in the esplanade. CM Jill asked lead Luane how to to it.
I had already used 5 of my days and wanted to go in for a partial day before our plane leaves. I had to surrender my plastic Costco entry PH but she gave me a PH that said 7 day and wrote on the days I had already used. It was quick and my brother will do it later because she would not do his without him there. So we will have a second try at this later as well.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #109
limace
DIS Veteran

Made a second try today, three days into our passes, an this time, we were successful! They asked a bunch of questions about details of how we'd used the tickets so far, clearly making sure we hadnt bought the passes from someone else. They also insisted on seeing all of us.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #110
skellinton
Mouseketeer

Do most of the difficulties come when people are trying to add a 7th day since there isn't a 7 day par hopper? I will be getting.a 5 day park hopper with my package but want to add a sixth day since my flight gets in pretty early. Since a 6 day park hopper exists i am hoping not to have any hassle. I am very shy and won't have the nerve to keep asking different attendants or asking for a lead person to come help!
Thanks!
skellinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:47 AM   #111
smiley_face2
What a great idea for a thread! Good grief, I'm going to gain another 5 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellinton View Post
Do most of the difficulties come when people are trying to add a 7th day since there isn't a 7 day par hopper? I will be getting.a 5 day park hopper with my package but want to add a sixth day since my flight gets in pretty early. Since a 6 day park hopper exists i am hoping not to have any hassle. I am very shy and won't have the nerve to keep asking different attendants or asking for a lead person to come help!
Thanks!
Well we were successful adding 2 additional days to our 6 day parkhopper making it an 8 day! first cast member we asked helped us without any hesitation or difficulty and it only cost us $5. for both extra days! this was exactly 3 weeks ago when we first arrived at the park

In Loving Memory of our dear son 02/22/1982-01/28/2011
smiley_face2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:52 AM   #112
larina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellinton View Post
Thanks!
I believe they ended the 6-day as well.
larina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:35 AM   #113
ballarinamom
DIS Veteran

They stopped the 6day park hopper in late May. I was fortunate to get one but would love to add one more day for our arrival day.

Me (44 yikes!) , DH (46) , DD (11)
ballarinamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #114
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by limace View Post
As an FYI, I tried this Thursday and was unsuccessful. I have 6 days, wanted to add a 7th. I didn't try a different booth as we were in a hurry and I am not sure we'd use the 7th day.
Quote:
Made a second try today, three days into our passes, an this time, we were successful! They asked a bunch of questions about details of how we'd used the tickets so far, clearly making sure we hadnt bought the passes from someone else. They also insisted on seeing all of us.
Thanks for the reports. So here's another example of the WDW method of using your tickets before upgrading your tickets also being the way to do it at DLR. Of course, for people wanting to go into the parks on their arrival day for an hour or two, they are taking a risk that they'll have to buy 1 day passes at the end. But it looks like most are not having a problem upgrading after using the tickets at least once.

limace, did you pay $5 per ticket per day to upgrade?
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #115
rmom
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=tffnyjean;45620499]

but

Last edited by rmom; 08-06-2012 at 03:39 PM.
rmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #116
TigerlilyAJ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, Limace, I'm so glad you guys were successful!
You know, I have no problem with them making a bit of effort to make sure the user is legit. I'd be happy to tell them about our time in the park and even show pics on the phone if we could then purchase an extension.
TigerlilyAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #117
limace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerlilyAJ

Oh, Limace, I'm so glad you guys were successful!
You know, I have no problem with them making a bit of effort to make sure the user is legit. I'd be happy to tell them about our time in the park and even show pics on the phone if we could then purchase an extension.
Thanks! We were, too. It worked out well because my ...um.....difficult brother in law decided last minute to drive down and meet us-and only planned one day in the parks, on the day we'd planned as our beach day. I wouldn't have worried about rearranging things, but he brought our 6 year old niece, who hasn't been before, and we really wanted to make her day special. We've actually had a great day, and our two girls have been delighted to be in the parks together.

As an aside, he triumphantly told us how he got his ticket for only $50 by buying an unused day off some guys military pass. Argh!
Old 08-06-2012, 11:29 PM   #118
brerboys
Earning My Ears

Sent me off property

I called today to book our December trip via WDW travel. We arrive late Friday but would like to enter parks with a six day hopper. When I asked -she suggested I go to Knott's Berry Farm - really?? Wow.

Boardwalk 2001
Port Orleans 1996
Wilderness Lodge 2011
Disneyland 1989, 1999, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2012
brerboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:24 AM   #119
TigerlilyAJ
DIS Veteran

Brerboys, I *know*! WDTC offered to sell me tickets to Legoland when I said they would get my money if DLR wouldn't take it. Kind of missing the point, huh? We want to experience more DLR, not go to a second-tier park that would never draw me 2700 miles from home on its own!
TigerlilyAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #120
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brerboys View Post
I called today to book our December trip via WDW travel. We arrive late Friday but would like to enter parks with a six day hopper. When I asked -she suggested I go to Knott's Berry Farm - really?? Wow.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: