Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2012, 04:17 AM   #391
queenie82
Queen of the 5 Castles

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushh View Post
Queenie from memory the provider of the car was revealed from the beginning? I've since gone back to carhire3000 and it looks different from when we booked? We were given the option of only paying the deposit. But if we paid the whole amount them we re able to change dates etc with no penalty, so we did. But we didn't choose the excess option as our travel insurance covers excess for car rental.

Any luck with getting better prices?
hmmm...
I went directly to travel jigsaw and it didn't give the name of the company in anything. Maybe if I route through carhire3000.
When I went to "email quote" it then came up with "thank you for booking with carhire3000". I did that to try and get the company revealed but still...nope...none of the details tell you that.
All it tells you is that the deposit is $80 and then you pay the rest by a particular date.
The Travel Jigsaw QUOTE (that is $50 less) interestingly is INCLUDING the excess refund. So I'll have investigate what the excess is if you book with Hertz direct, because this would mean you're paying $50 less and if something does happen and CDW comes into play travel jigsaw supposedly pay back the excess.

Of course I'm still assuming this is Hertz the Travel jigsaw quote...but...I'm pretty sure the quote is a Hertz quote because it is the same car type.

I might try carhire3000 later
queenie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:24 AM   #392
shushh
DIS Veteran

Queenie I'll see if I can retrace my steps. I distinctly remember getting frustrated because they kept redirecting us and I couldn't stop it. I could be remembering quotes from other sites with regards to the company being stated upfront!!!
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2012, 10:37 PM   #393
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

I have had a look at all the car rental links - very little difference between any of them. We only want a car for 2 days so maybe that is why, or it could be that I am looking at a 7 seater minivan

Can anyone confirm the location for WDW Downtown Disney car rentals is 1000 Car Care Drive Orlando , FL 32830 US? I'm looking at Alamo/National.

94 days to go

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:02 AM   #394
diannesa
Earning My Ears

If you put money on a travel card when the exchange rate is good you don't have to worry about it changing. We always always use an ANZ travel card when travelling to the USA.
diannesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:09 PM   #395
DVCAustralia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally posted by dabecs
I have had a look at all the car rental links - very little difference between any of them. We only want a car for 2 days so maybe that is why, or it could be that I am looking at a 7 seater minivan

Can anyone confirm the location for WDW Downtown Disney car rentals is 1000 Car Care Drive Orlando , FL 32830 US? I'm looking at Alamo/National.
The main Alamo/National location is near the car park entrace for Magic Kingdom (TTC) and Speedway, with a free shuttle provided from/to Disney Hotels. The closest to Downtown Disney is Beuna Vista Palace Hotel, with another at the Disney Dolphin Hotel.
DVCAustralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:23 PM   #396
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Thanks! That is exactly the info I needed

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
Old 08-03-2012, 07:26 AM   #397
shushh
DIS Veteran

OK after being sick all week with shingles, I'm back! I can't remember if I've updated everyone on our trip details which has changed over the past couple of months but I'll do it anyway!

Paris - 6 days
Disneyland - 4 days - we plan on using one of those days to hire a car and visit Fountainebleu and surrounds, as well as going to the outlets at La Vallee Marne
Carcassonne - 1 night - we'll catch the train to Montpellier, pick up a car and drive to Carcassonne, just because we love the boardgame that was named after the walled city...
Montpellier - 1 night - heading east towards Provence
Arles - 5 nights - our base for exploring Provence, details to be finalised. Will very much be weather dependent.
Valmorel - 7 nights - skiing at the new club med ski resort. very much looking forward to the all inclusive break.
Venice - 3 nights - driving from the Alps to Geneva then catching a flight to Venice where DH's parents will join us
Bologna - 2 nights
Florence - 6 nights - my parents, brother, aunt and cousin will be joining us in Florence. We're planning on a day trip to Lucca and Pisa and we didn't visit them on our cruise last time.
Rome - 2 nights - we've booked a private transfer for the whole tribe which includes a tour of Siena and San Gimignano on the way from Florence to Rome. Also planning to book gladiator school. Should be fun!
NCL Jade Holy Land cruise- 11 nights. Very special for the children to be on a cruise with both sets of grandparents. We'll be visiting Turkey, Cyprus, Egypt and Israel. Shore excursions organised for Turkey and Cyprus so far. Very much looking forward to Israel and visiting the towns and places associated with the early years of Jesus.
Post cruise - We've booked a private transfer from the port to the airport with a tour of Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio in between. Then sadly its time to fly home...Our parents, however, will both be kicking on. One set will head to the middle east whilst the other set will go to Asia. Darn those people!

As for Disneyland Paris, I'm both excited and apprehensive. I know its a beautiful park but I am aware of the reports of smoking and poor crowd control (queue jumping and character mobs). We're booked in at the Disneyland Hotel. Its a dream for me so I am eternally grateful to DH for agreeing to fund it! Even at 50% off, it is ridiculously expensive.

We've decided to do Buffalo Bill's wild west show, and a character dinner at Inventions. Also on the list are to dine at Walt's and Annette's. I also want to do the tour of the park. I've a got a list of the "must-do"s at DLP, but will play it by ear as we're visiting in low season and will have 3 days too do it in. So it appears that once again, I will be visiting a Disney park with no touring plan! I am getting slack in my old age...
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Old 08-03-2012, 07:37 AM   #398
queenie82
Queen of the 5 Castles

Quote:
OK after being sick all week with shingles, I'm back! I can't remember if I've updated everyone on our trip details which has changed over the past couple of months but I'll do it anyway!

Paris - 6 days
Disneyland - 4 days - we plan on using one of those days to hire a car and visit Fountainebleu and surrounds, as well as going to the outlets at La Vallee Marne
Carcassonne - 1 night - we'll catch the train to Montpellier, pick up a car and drive to Carcassonne, just because we love the boardgame that was named after the walled city...
Arles - 5 nights - our base for exploring Provence, details to be finalised. Will very much be weather dependent.
Valmorel - 7 nights - skiing at the new club med ski resort. very much looking forward to the all inclusive break.
Venice - 3 nights - driving from the Alps to Geneva then catching a flight to Venice where DH's parents will join us
Bologna - 2 nights
Florence - 6 nights - my parents, brother, aunt and cousin will be joining us in Florence. We're planning on a day trip to Lucca and Pisa and we didn't visit them on our cruise last time.
Rome - 2 nights - we've booked a private transfer for the whole tribe which includes a tour of Siena and San Gimignano on the way from Florence to Rome. Also planning to book gladiator school. Should be fun!
NCL Jade Holy Land cruise- 11 nights. Very special for the children to be on a cruise with both sets of grandparents. We'll be visiting Turkey, Cyprus, Egypt and Israel. Shore excursions organised for Turkey and Cyprus so far. Very much looking forward to Israel and visiting the towns and places associated with the early years of Jesus.
Post cruise - We've booked a private transfer from the port to the airport with a tour of Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio in between. Then sadly its time to fly home...Our parents, however, will both be kicking on. One set will head to the middle east whilst the other set will go to Asia. Darn those people!
Jealous...but awesome to see the actual plan

Quote:
As for Disneyland Paris, I'm both excited and apprehensive. I know its a beautiful park but I am aware of the reports of smoking and poor crowd control (queue jumping and character mobs). We're booked in at the Disneyland Hotel. Its a dream for me so I am eternally grateful to DH for agreeing to fund it! Even at 50% off, it is ridiculously expensive.

We've decided to do Buffalo Bill's wild west show, and a character dinner at Inventions. Also on the list are to dine at Walt's and Annette's. I also want to do the tour of the park. I've a got a list of the "must-do"s at DLP, but will play it by ear as we're visiting in low season and will have 3 days too do it in. So it appears that once again, I will be visiting a Disney park with no touring plan! I am getting slack in my old age...
You'll LOVE it and you KNOW you will.
I hate every day dealing with smokers just the gauntlet from the station to my office...so dealing with it at Disney drives me bonkers
But I'm still wanting to go back and so you'll still love it an have a great time.
The Character thing I would try and play by ear. Unless it is a unique character I wouldn't fight for it.
As for staying at DLH...green with envy....very green...

Inventions is ridiculously expensive but again...you'll love it and YOU'LL MAKE UP FOR THE CHARACTERS!!!
I look forward to the Buffalo Bill report. Jonah should LOVE that!! I don't know why but I keep feeling like I want to do that. Please slap me if I think that again

Now here's what I REALLY want to know? What tour? You want to do a private VIP tour? Curious about that
Old 08-03-2012, 07:45 AM   #399
shushh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenie82 View Post
Jealous...but awesome to see the actual plan

You'll LOVE it and you KNOW you will.
Sigh...yes you're right!

I hate every day dealing with smokers just the gauntlet from the station to my office...so dealing with it at Disney drives me bonkers
But I'm still wanting to go back and so you'll still love it an have a great time.
The Character thing I would try and play by ear. Unless it is a unique character I wouldn't fight for it.
As for staying at DLH...green with envy....very green...

Inventions is ridiculously expensive but again...you'll love it and YOU'LL MAKE UP FOR THE CHARACTERS!!!
I look forward to the Buffalo Bill report. Jonah should LOVE that!! I don't know why but I keep feeling like I want to do that. Please slap me if I think that again
Because its fun! Er...do I need to slap myself?

Now here's what I REALLY want to know? What tour? You want to do a private VIP tour? Curious about that
Its the "discovery" tour NOT the "privilege" tour!
http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/se.../guided-tours/
Old 08-03-2012, 08:28 AM   #400
queenie82
Queen of the 5 Castles

Quote:
Its the "discovery" tour NOT the "privilege" tour!
http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/se.../guided-tours/
Wow!!! I didn't know about this cheap tour!!!! I only knew about the VIP one.

Thank you

And no you don't need to slap yourself.
I've just been on too many trips with Mr Serious (and you know who I mean. He would NOT approve of Buffalo Bill )
But see the thing is I'll only have 3 proper dinner nights and DBF wants to do at least 2 "nice dinners" which means 1 is inventions and I don't think Buffalo counts...
I'll do some more research and sums
Old 08-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #401
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Paris - 6 days
Bologna - 2 nights

What an absolutely amazing itinerary. Once you start breaking down the itinerary into daily activities I'd love to see the plans in more detail.

As for DLP, I can't wait to hear about the Buffalo Bill show and the character dinner at Inventions. I think these are things we would want to do also.

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #402
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Shushh - that is going to be an amazing trip!

Old 08-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #403
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

New York

As was always going to be the case, New York is turning into the most expensive leg of our trip due to "activities". My husband loves all the new york teams so if possible wants to see his sporting events here so we've bought NY Knicks tickets for December 23, about to buy NY Rangers tickets for December 22, unfortunately or fortunately, I can't decide, we miss the Grin Iron season.

We have tickets to see Grinch on December 24 and tickets to see the Christmas spectacular on December 25. And I still would like to see a broadway show. Ouch. We might be on bread and water for the remainder of the trip hahaha.

And god help me if a singer or band my husband likes gets announced for while we are in the US, he won't be able to resist.

Good to get these things booked and we aren't planning on doing anything like this in any of the other cities at this time, but hey, never say never.

Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Old 08-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #404
Aussie Wendy
DIS Veteran

So so so so jealous of Shushh -though after a bout of shingles you deserve a big treat!! Hope you are all better now. So looking forward to the trip report!

We have almost decided on a trip to the UK (to see friends and rellies) late next year with a side trip to DLP and around 2 weeks in southern Spain and Barcelona so will be following TR with even more care-noting what to do and not to do and where to eat at DLP. At this stage in my reading I share reservations about the negatives (also the comments on the amount of breakdowns, dilapidated nature of attractions inside, animatronics not working etc) but also looking forward to exploring all the walk-throughs and detail as seems lots of differences in this regard and the castle looks stunning - to actually stay at DH -in my dreams! I am trying to decide which hotel sounds the best as lots of negative press on the Paris Boards on many and the close, off site ones seem to get better reviews...but on-site is so much better! The cruise sounds amazing too and such a treat for the children to travel with both sets of grandparents. Did I say I was jealous (and I know, I am lucky I am still planning another amazing OS trip for ourselves for next year but there is always so many more destinations I would love to see!)
TR Exploration Europe 2013
TR Rides and Rocks 2014
Me DH DD:
Aussie Wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #405
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Shushh after looking at your cruise I'm all loving the cruises and can't stop looking at Santorini photos along with all of the other stops a Mediterranean cruise would include. Sigh. So many trips, so little time, so little money .

I have no time to be thinking about my Italy Spain Greece Turkey trip of 2014 but I just can't keep looking to the future .

It will be great that you are blazing a trail for us all Shushh and Wendy, you can blaze the Spain trail for me late next year. Nice.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: