DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #1
wrighter
DIS Veteran

The "no glass" rule in the pools?

We are happily headed down to BCV in a few weeks. Never stayed there before, and this is the first time we've taken the kids in the August heat. Hence, we're pretty sure we'll be spending lots of time at SAB. We thought we'd bring some of our own drinks to save a few bucks, and I was hoping someone could clarify the "no glass in the pool" rule.

If you bring your own drinks into the pool area, do they have to be drunk out of a plastic cup? Or if they are in cans are those allowed? What about the newer type of "can" that is shaped like a bottle? Are those allowed?

Just want to make sure we're prepared and that we're not asked to leave the pool area. Can anyone clarify?
April 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas-----October 2014 Boardwalk Villas-----April 2015 Magic 7-Day Western Caribbean-----2015 Family Reunion at WDW?
wrighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:18 AM   #2
JKMJ441724
Um, I'm going to go with "NO."

It's been a long time since I've had anything other than my refillable mug at the pool. But I'm pretty sure they would not ask you to leave the pool, just politely tell you they were not allowed.

My guess is that the no-glass rule is simply to prevent injury in the event the glass gets broken.

JKMJ441724 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2012, 07:42 AM   #3
wrighter
DIS Veteran

Oops! Forgot to mention I was specifically wondering about beverages of the adult kind - such as beer. We usually don't drink much alcohol during the day at the pool, and if we do we just get something from the pool bar. But we are traveling with another family who are of the "reveler" nature, and figure we'd rather be prepared with some spirits of our own.

I know they sell the aluminum cans/bottles in the pool bars, but I can't remember if people are allowed to drink out of them or if they are required to put them in another cup of some kind. I totally understand why the no glass rule is in place, and have no problem adhering to the rules, just want to make sure I know what they are.

Anyone know if this rule includes cans or aluminum bottles? (Is that even the right description? I don't know what else to call them. The fancy new bottle shaped beer that looks like it's made of teflon?) Lol!
April 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas-----October 2014 Boardwalk Villas-----April 2015 Magic 7-Day Western Caribbean-----2015 Family Reunion at WDW?
wrighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #4
lucyem
DIS Veteran

Imagine broken glass and water. You would never find all the glass. I have seen people told to remove glass for safety reasons. I have never seen anyone told to remove a can. Those I would not worry about.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:49 AM   #5
perpetualplanner
DIS Veteran

Cans and aluminum bottles are fine. Anything but glass. Also, they won't allow any drink at all - even water - near the pool.
perpetualplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #6
mouseaider
DIS Veteran

Just take your Red Solo cup with you and you'll be OK!
mouseaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #7
paults
HOME IS WHERE BWV IS

I know at our pool if someone has glass and it brakes near the water they will close the pool, drain it and clean it. Imagine swimming in the pool and getting just a speck of glass in your eye.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #8
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by perpetualplanner View Post
Cans and aluminum bottles are fine. Anything but glass. Also, they won't allow any drink at all - even water - near the pool.
Correct no food or beverages on the pool deck area.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #9
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by paults View Post
I know at our pool if someone has glass and it brakes near the water they will close the pool, drain it and clean it. Imagine swimming in the pool and getting just a speck of glass in your eye.
Or stepping on it. I did that at a man-made lake as a teen. Came very close to cutting through the tendon in my toe, and even though most of my childhood scars have healed and faded away, the one on my big toe is still horrid.

Glass and water don't go together nicely.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: