Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #31
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I think that you made a good decision when you decided to go to DTD instead of Epcot. I have been meaning to comment on how grown up the boys are looking. No more little boy faces. They are looking like young men.

You know that we are now Wolfgang Puck Express lovers so looking at your pictures brought back some good memories. I could go for something from there right now.
Thanks! I think we made a good decision too!! Oohh...we just love Wolfgang Puck Express. It's definitely one of our favorite counter service restaurants at Disney!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
First I have to agree with Lisa. The boys are looking very grown up...especially Nick. Believe me, I know from experience how quickly they change from little boys to young men!

DTD is a great choice on arrival day. That is usually our plan. We have never attempted a park on our travel day. I love the sights and smells of Disney at DTD...a perfect way to start the vacation!

Those new lego sculptures are fantastic! Yay...there's one of my favorites, Snow White!

Yummmm.....WPE! Another one of our favorites! Sounds like a perfect night to me!
This was actually the first time we visited Downtown Disney on our arrival day but I think it's going to become a tradition from now on. We really had such a great night!

The Lego sculptures are so amazing!! The boys were very impressed!!

Old 07-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #32
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
I've been reading your trip report and I really don't get why people decide not to go to a park because it has EMH, is it really that much busier?
They seem to be. At least during the afternoon and early evening which is why most planning sites advise against EMH because they usually bring more people to the parks. Since we weren't going to actually be there to take advantage of the evening EMH anyway it didn't make sense for us to go that day. Honestly, we love EMH's especially in the morning. We can get so much done in that first hour before the park officially opens. We took advantage of them many times during the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
You did some of my favorite things! I love the food at WGPE! Have you ever eaten breakfast there? When we stayed at SSR, we went there for breakfast. There is no kids menu at breakfast. You should have seen my grandsons face when they brought him out a HUGE waffle with whipped cream and fruit on top!

I love the Lego store and the sculptures out front! Even though it's not the most dramatic, I love the kids and dogs. Truly amaziing!

Lovin' your 'go with the flow' adventure so far! Looking forward to more!
We've never tried breakfast there before but I've heard such great things!!! We will definitely need to try it next trip. So cute about your grandson! I'm sure my son would have been thrilled as well!

I'm hoping to get another update posted very soon.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2012, 11:47 AM   #33
ellajeansmom
Mouseketeer

Wow Angie, you're already through arrival day...great start

Everyone sure does look happy to be back at Pop! Sounds like it worked out well to go to DTD instead of Epcot, especially when you didn't get a good sleep the night before...the urge to dive in to all the attractions can be a recipe for disaster when everyone is tired.

Looking forward to more
Old 07-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #34
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellajeansmom View Post
Wow Angie, you're already through arrival day...great start

Everyone sure does look happy to be back at Pop! Sounds like it worked out well to go to DTD instead of Epcot, especially when you didn't get a good sleep the night before...the urge to dive in to all the attractions can be a recipe for disaster when everyone is tired.

Looking forward to more
Thanks!! I'm happy with our decision to go to DTD instead. We had a great night.

Update coming up next!

Old 07-30-2012, 09:18 AM   #35
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

The Rain Rain Rain Came Down Down Down

“ The Rain Rain Rain Came Down Down Down….” Winnie the Pooh

July 11, 2012

Yay! It was our first official park day!! We had a great time the night before at Downtown Disney but we were ready to get out and explore the parks. Due to our change of plans the night before, it meant that I would have to do a little rearranging with the rest of our plans for the week. It was supposed to be our Animal Kingdom day. However, it’s become a tradition for Epcot to be the first park we visit at Disney. I’m not sure how it happened but that’s the way it has been on every trip so far. Since we didn’t make it to Epcot the evening before we decided to switch things around again and visit Epcot on this morning.

After getting ready for the day, we wandered down to the food court to grab some breakfast. We definitely weren’t prepared for what we saw. People were everywhere! It was busier than we had ever seen it before. I know it can get very busy in the morning but I guess we have been lucky enough on past trips to avoid all the chaos. We also got our first encounter with one of the tour groups that we had heard so much about before the trip. Luckily, that morning we had all decided to get the breakfast platter and surprisingly despite all the crowds got our breakfast fairly quickly and found a seat over near the quieter section of the food court (near the dessert counter.) I thought breakfast was good. DH was disappointed because his eggs weren’t cooked well but all and all it filled us up and we were finally ready to start our day.

We hopped on the bus to Epcot (again, I don’t remember there being too much of a wait that morning) and before we knew it we were seeing these lovely sights.

DH had volunteered to run and get fastpasses for Soarin’ while I took the boys to the Sum of All Thrills. I’m not sure why but for some reason I must have looked at the map wrong and we went to Innoventions West instead of East. As we walked around Innovention West we quickly realized our mistake since we were the only ones in there. It felt very strange to see it so empty. Once we made the loop around, we headed back outside in the heat. Yes, it was already very hot that morning but so cool in the building. I almost tried to talk the boys into turning around and going back in. But, we were on mission! I had read that Sum of All Thrills can get very busy especially without fastpasses available (which we saw firsthand later in the week.)

Finally, we had arrived at our destination!!

The boys loved it! They had so much fun! I took a video of them because I thought they would get a kick out of watching themselves ride.

DH got a little lost himself trying to find Sum of All Thrills so we had to wait around a bit so he could catch up with us and then we made our way back over to Spaceship Earth since Test Track was closed. The line was really long but it moved pretty quickly-

Then of course we got a glimpse of our future. Nick was wearing a hat and wasn’t too thrilled when he realized part of his head was cut off.

After an enjoyable ride on Spaceship Earth, we decided to head over to Nemo –

I don’t know why but for some reason I got very little pictures in here. After our ride through the “Big, Blue World”, we decided to explore a little of the aquariums. We enjoyed looking at the dolphins for a bit.

Then it was off to The Land to ride Soarin’. I was so excited! This is my absolute favorite ride in Epcot!! We didn’t have to wait too long before we were boarding and Soarin’ over California smelling the oranges, lifting our feet to avoid the trees, ducking to avoid the golf ball and just plain enjoying the ride.
After Soarin’ we figured since we were there that we might as well grab some lunch from Sunshine Seasons.

DH and I both had the spicy cashew chicken and although good it was HOT!

I enjoyed it but would have preferred the Sweet and Sour chicken combo that I had last trip. Noah had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and I believe Nick did have the sweet and sour chicken. Noah helped me polish off my chocolate mousse cake. Oh so good!! Yum!

After lunch, we happily made our way over to the World Showcase. Noah saw his favorites and wanted to stop for a picture.

We noticed the Agent P kiosk on our way over and decided to grab a fastpass not realizing that they didn’t do that anymore. Once they explain what you need to do, you receive your F.O.N.E (Field Operator Notification Equipment )and have 30 minutes to begin your mission. Of course, they ask you where you are heading so they can start you on a mission nearby. Since, we were heading to Canada our mission was in the United Kingdom. Soon we were on our way-

Since we were walking right by I wanted to at least stop in Canada to explore a bit. Believe it or not, it was our first time visiting after 4 trips. We always seem to tour clockwise in the WS…….

Just as we were looking at this lovely waterfall, it began to rain.
We ran to seek cover under an awning hoping it would let up soon.
What else was there to do while we were waiting but to take pictures….

When we realized it wasn’t going to be a quick shower. DH suggested we check out the gift shop. So, we decided to make a run for it. It seemed many others had the same idea. We enjoyed looking at all the new Duffy merchandise. But, the boys especially liked the different types of soaps they sold such as beaver butt soap and moose spit soap. Every now and then I would glance outside and it actually seemed to be raining harder if that was even possible. DH wanted to leave; he was tired of waiting around. He suggested we put on our ponchos and make the best of it. We had so much we wanted to do and as much as we were enjoying Canada. We also didn’t want to spend our whole day in a crowded gift shop. It was also during this time that Noah had noticed that his 30 minute cut off had went by because his Agent P phone was no longer turning on. He was so disappointed. I took one more look at the doorway hoping that by some miracle the rain had slowed down. But, no luck it was still pouring. I grabbed my poncho and began putting it on and helped Noah do the same. DH and Nick had already stepped out and were waiting for us. I grabbed Noah’s hand and off we went…..

Continued on next post

Last edited by Angies1274; 07-30-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #36
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

The Rain Rain Rain Came Down Down Down--Pt.2

So, it was at this point I was realizing what a completely crazy idea it was to make our way out into the pouring rain. I don't mind a little rain but we could barely see anything in front of us it was raining so hard. DH looked back at me and I pointed to a nearby bathroom mostly for refuge but also to try and dry off. He agreed to my relief and we quickly joined more people trying to wait out the rain. I went in, dried off and felt 100 percent better well maybe 75 percent better since my sneakers were wet. I prayed that I wouldn't get a blister. That was the last thing I wanted especially since it was only our first day.

Thankfully, when I went out to meet up with DH and the boys the rain had started to let up. It was still raining but at least it wasn't pouring so our first order of business was to get Noah started on a new mission. Since we hadn't made it too far yet. DH and Noah went back to the kiosk to get him signed back up again. Nick and I found a bench and sat down to wait for them.

When they came back they told us that it was covered because of the rain and a CM told them we would have to go to Norway to get a new mission. Well...there went our plans again.

We decided since we were going by that we would stop for a bit in Mexico--I took a short video while we visited the Three Caballeros.

Once we made our way over to Norway, a nice CM set Noah back up with a new mission but this time in Germany!

I don't want to spoil anything but I will say that the boys really enjoyed their mission and were glad they got to try it.

Of course, we couldn't leave Germany without visiting Karamell-Küche. There were so many yummy snacks that we wanted to try and it was so hard to make a decision. Finally, after going back and forth we chose the caramel popcorn.

It was so good!!

Next up---More World Showcase and Wow! Those skies are getting very dark..again!

Last edited by Angies1274; 07-30-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:18 AM   #37
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

Great report!! I agree sometimes you have to go with the flow especially with the heat Love the pics of Epcot

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
Old 08-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #38
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OThopeful35 View Post
Great report!! I agree sometimes you have to go with the flow especially with the heat Love the pics of Epcot
Thanks for reading!!

Old 08-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #39
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Hi Angie! I have been a very bad DISer lately and have rarely hopped on but I wanted to say hello and follow along when I can.

I cannot believe your boys! They've grown so much! I LOVE your DH's Grumpy shirt, "I may not always be right but I'm never wrong!" ... that is sooooo my DH too!

I've always been a fan of the 'go with the flow' type plan and we're lucky Ariana lets us get away with it.

Can't wait to hear more!
Old 08-02-2012, 09:09 AM   #40
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Hi Angie! I have been a very bad DISer lately and have rarely hopped on but I wanted to say hello and follow along when I can.

I cannot believe your boys! They've grown so much! I LOVE your DH's Grumpy shirt, "I may not always be right but I'm never wrong!" ... that is sooooo my DH too!

I've always been a fan of the 'go with the flow' type plan and we're lucky Ariana lets us get away with it.

Can't wait to hear more!
Hi Tracy!

Glad to have you along!!

Oh...I know. I can't believe how much the boys have grown. Nick is so much taller than me now. It feels very weird to be looking up at him. Time goes too fast!

As you know I'm such a planner! But, I loved our "go with the flow" trip. We realized very quickly that between the heat, crowds and occasional rain, it definitely became the way to go to keep our sanity.

It looks like your trip is coming up really soon. You must be getting so excited. We're hoping to go in either the fall or winter on our next trip in 2014. Which is a good thing because I can't decide whether I want to be there for MNSSHP or MVMCP. Good thing I have 2 years to think about it!

Old 08-03-2012, 09:22 AM   #41
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Rumbly in my tumbly

"When I'm rumbly in my tumbly, then it's time to eat!" Winnie the Pooh

After completing the Agent P mission in Germany the boys and DH decided to sit, relax and have their snack. Even with the rain, it was still really hot outside. I didn’t want to push them so I decided to take off on my own.
Any guesses where?
How about a hint?

If you guessed Italy you would be correct!
I walked through the shops. It was so nice to just look around and take everything in.

It seems like we are usually in such a hurry to get where we want to go that we end up missing so much. I’m glad I had a chance to explore a little. After some quiet time by myself, I met back up with DH and the boys who were more than ready to head over to Japan so they could spend some of their money. We decided to visit the Koi Pond before we went in.

The boys ended up buying a few Pokemon and Beyblade items and then we were off to France for a photo op-

Unfortunately, we didn’t get a chance to explore too much of France as we spotted the skies.

We didn’t want a repeat of what happened earlier so we thought it might be best to head out.

Apparently, everyone else had the same idea. It’s hard to believe that this picture was taken in July at about 2:00 in the afternoon.
We made our way to the bus stop to head back to Pop for an afternoon rest-
Almost there……

The whole way back Noah kept telling us that he wasn’t tired at all. Hmm…this is what happened when we got back to the room. Not tired…huh?

Later he told us he was only resting his eyes. Silly boy! I had a picture to prove otherwise!
After Noah’s nap and a little bit of downtime for the rest of us, it was time to get ready and catch a bus to Downtown Disney.
Our destination…..

Noah is completely obsessed with dinosaurs so I knew he would absolutely love this place!

He was in awe!

We were seated in the ice room right next to the waterfall and the woolly mammoth. Our waitress even commented that we got a pretty great seat right in the middle of the restaurant and we definitely agreed! The boys loved the meteor shower that occurred every 15 minutes where the dinosaurs appear to come alive and the lights in the room change color.

Nick and I had decided after looking over the menu before our trip that we would share the Supersaurus Sampler which included spinach and pepper jack queso with tortilla chips, Brachiosaurus Bruschetta, T-Rexadillas and Onion Rings for $18.99.

Nick gobbled up the T-Rexadillas before I got a chance to get a picture. He loved them! I tried to find another picture on photobucket that wasn’t eaten so much from first.

I also ordered the Asteroid French Onion Soup (a traditional sherry-based onion soup baked with a large crouton and bubbling Swiss cheese) which was very yummy! DH helped me finish it and he agreed! Nick had the Lava Tomato Basil Soup that was garnished with Parmesan cheese.

He enjoyed this as well. Both soups were $6.99.
Noah got the Jurassic Chicken Tidbits with waffle fries which he loved! These were $6.99. Lastly, DH ordered the Pork-asarus sandwich smoke pulled pork simmered in BBQ sauce, served on a toasted bun with an onion ring and cole slaw that was $14.99. He said this was good…not his favorite but still good. Although, I didn’t get a picture I found one to show you.

The only difference is that he got the waffle fries instead of the chips. He really liked the waffle fries.
Although we were so stuffed we couldn’t resist ordering some dessert to share. We decided on the Meteor Bites that were warm chocolate and vanilla donut holes with powdered sugar and served with caramel and chocolate sauces for $8.99

Oh my goodness! These were very yummy! We all agreed though that the vanilla donuts were better than the chocolate.

Overall, I would give this meal a 5 out 5. The waitress was attentive, the atmosphere was amazing and the food was really good! We were very happy with our experience at T-Rex and we will definitely go back again!

After we paid our bill, Noah wanted to go check out the gift shop and ended up finding a key chain on clearance. We also checked out the dig-site. It was very cute but there were a lot of little kids so the boys decided to skip it.
We checked out World of Disney one more time and then we made our way over to the bus stop. But, we wouldn’t be heading back to Pop. We had a stop we wanted to make first. A place that I was so excited to check out!!

I’ll give you a hint…..you may find a couple sea turtles, lots of fish, a sting ray and…..a race car, and a tow truck.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #42
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

That chocolate mousse cake looks so good!

haha, I love those Phineas and Ferb topiaries! I guess they have to advertise for the new WS missions.

Glad you enjoyed your T-Rex meal. It definitely is a fun place.

Hmm, sounds like you might be making a stop at Art of Animation!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 08-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #43
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

You guys got a great spot to sit and watch the meteor showers at T-Rex. Don't you just love the atmosphere and food there? I can't wait get back there next May.

I'm going to guess that ya'll did a tour of AoA. At least I hope that's where you went 'cause I want to see pictures.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #44
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
That chocolate mousse cake looks so good!

haha, I love those Phineas and Ferb topiaries! I guess they have to advertise for the new WS missions.

Glad you enjoyed your T-Rex meal. It definitely is a fun place.

Hmm, sounds like you might be making a stop at Art of Animation!
Yum! I love the chocolate mousse cake!! It's a must-have for every trip!

We thought the Phineas and Ferb topiaries were so cute! Definitely a great way to advertise for the new missions! I wish we would have had time to do another one that day.

Good guess! I couldn't wait to check out the new resort!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You guys got a great spot to sit and watch the meteor showers at T-Rex. Don't you just love the atmosphere and food there? I can't wait get back there next May.

I'm going to guess that ya'll did a tour of AoA. At least I hope that's where you went 'cause I want to see pictures.
We loved T-Rex!! It's such a fun restaurant!!

You're right!! We did take a little tour around AoA that night! It's such a fun resort! I can't wait to share all the pictures I took. I'm hoping to get the update posted very soon.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: