Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #991
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catiesmom View Post
I can book ADRs 180+10 days out, right?
Also are any of the Disney dining plans an option for us?
You will not be able to book ADRs for 180 + 10 at S/D unless that's changed since the last time I did it. You will have to call at 180 days out for each day of the trip to book them. You cannot get the DDP when staying at S/D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmw2727 View Post
Been a while since I was at the Dolphin so I wanted to confirm that there is still a coffee maker in the room and if so what type? (4 cup, Keruig, pod etc)
As of March it was still the single serve machine - not Keurig, but something similar with pods. It was not the Cuisinart single cup machine found in the Disney resorts either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaDisneyCouple View Post
Just reading up on the Swan over on All Ears. It says there that there is an airline boarding pass kiosk at Swan. Does anyone know if Southwest is an airline that you can print boarding passes for there?

It's an airline kiosk that connects you to the internet where you can log into your airline's website to print boarding passes. It's not specific to any airlines, as long as you can get to the Southwest website & they allow you to pre-print boarding passes, you can do it. The same kiosk is also at The Dolphin.

Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #992
Swan4Me
DIS Veteran

Just checking this thread....how I wish i had a WDW/Swan trip coming up-
LOVE LOVE LOVE the swan!!
Swan4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #993
tjmw2727
Enjoys "mom and me" trips
May just have to dance!

Thanks TaraPA ! I will bring my pods.....
Old 08-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #994
Mouseteacher
Being tagged makes you feel warm and fuzzy!
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection

Just got back from 6 days at the Swan. It was terrific! The resort recognized our anniversary with champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries waiting for us upon arrival in our room. Two days later we came back from the parks and a bottle of wine and cheese and crackers were left for us wishing us a Happy Anniversary again.

We reserved a Deluxe Alcove room with balcony and were granted our request for our favorite section - east wing (7th floor). We overlooked the walkway to the Dolphin facing the lap pool and the boat dock. The 7th floor is the highest floor in this wing and we had the very end room.

We found the resort to be busy but it is summer. We anticipate this. There was a large convention called KIPP but they were mostly at the Dolphin. During the day, you rarely saw the conventioneers. Pool was terrific - we used it every afternoon. We use the Swan lap pool most times.

We had dinner at Shula's and Il Mulino. Il Mulino is our favorite - we all agreed. The food was outstanding. The service perfect. We had breakfast at Fresh on our last day. We, also, had lunch at the Fountain and at the Cabana Bar. BTW, we are all adults - DSs and DD-in-law and........... of course DH and me

The weather was so different than our other summer trips. It was somewhat not as humid as usual. Temps were in the high 80s and a breeze was happening on all our days. Of course, if you were in the direct sun, it was hot.

The parks were equally as busy but utilizing EMH in the morning and FP, works for us. Of course, we are veteran Disney goers, who have a routine down pat.

The only disappointing part of our trip was...............................................
coming home!

Any questions -- ask away and I'll try to answer.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #995
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouseteacher View Post
Just got back from 6 days at the Swan. It was terrific! The resort recognized our anniversary with champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries waiting for us upon arrival in our room. Two days later we came back from the parks and a bottle of wine and cheese and crackers were left for us wishing us a Happy Anniversary again.

We reserved a Deluxe Alcove room with balcony and were granted our request for our favorite section - east wing (7th floor). We overlooked the walkway to the Dolphin facing the lap pool and the boat dock. The 7th floor is the highest floor in this wing and we had the very end room.

We found the resort to be busy but it is summer. We anticipate this. There was a large convention called KIPP but they were mostly at the Dolphin. During the day, you rarely saw the conventioneers. Pool was terrific - we used it every afternoon. We use the Swan lap pool most times.

We had dinner at Shula's and Il Mulino. Il Mulino is our favorite - we all agreed. The food was outstanding. The service perfect. We had breakfast at Fresh on our last day. We, also, had lunch at the Fountain and at the Cabana Bar. BTW, we are all adults - DSs and DD-in-law and........... of course DH and me

The weather was so different than our other summer trips. It was somewhat not as humid as usual. Temps were in the high 80s and a breeze was happening on all our days. Of course, if you were in the direct sun, it was hot.

The parks were equally as busy but utilizing EMH in the morning and FP, works for us. Of course, we are veteran Disney goers, who have a routine down pat.

The only disappointing part of our trip was...............................................
coming home!

Any questions -- ask away and I'll try to answer.
Welcome back! I'm glad you had a wonderful anniversary trip, and also got a break in the weather! I was there from the 25th-30th, and it was in the mid-90s every day and pretty humid. I spent most of my time at Epcot, and the park didn't seem very crowded. Maybe everyone was staying inside air-conditioned buildings as much as possible. I survived by ducking into stores/movies/bathrooms every now and then.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #996
Mouseteacher
Being tagged makes you feel warm and fuzzy!
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Welcome back! I'm glad you had a wonderful anniversary trip, and also got a break in the weather! I was there from the 25th-30th, and it was in the mid-90s every day and pretty humid. I spent most of my time at Epcot, and the park didn't seem very crowded. Maybe everyone was staying inside air-conditioned buildings as much as possible. I survived by ducking into stores/movies/bathrooms every now and then.
Nancy, the weather was quite a surprise. It ranged from 88 / 90 / 91 but the breeze every day made it feel cooler. DH and I sat many times in the parks waiting for our DSs to do thrill rides and sitting in the shade was quite comfortable.

The night we went to see Wishes, we left the Swan at 9:15 and the temp was 77 degrees. It has just finished raining - a short downpour at about 8:30 pm.

MK was extremely crowded. It may have been because of the EMH morning. Epcot, AK and HS were somewhat more manageable.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #997
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouseteacher View Post
Nancy, the weather was quite a surprise. It ranged from 88 / 90 / 91 but the breeze every day made it feel cooler. DH and I sat many times in the parks waiting for our DSs to do thrill rides and sitting in the shade was quite comfortable.

The night we went to see Wishes, we left the Swan at 9:15 and the temp was 77 degrees. It has just finished raining - a short downpour at about 8:30 pm.

MK was extremely crowded. It may have been because of the EMH morning. Epcot, AK and HS were somewhat more manageable.
The MK is always crowded! We did the Wishes Dessert Party our first park night, and returned the next night for evening EMH. (Loved the dessert party, and would do that again!) We found the Studios to be pretty quiet on a Thursday morning, and my son had no problem riding Expedition Everest several times in a row. (My daughter and I didn't go to AK.) Other than a few sprinkles late at night - we had no rain.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #998
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Welcome back, Karen and Nancy. Sounds like good trips.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net
April 26-May 3, see you there?

Dan Murphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #999
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Welcome back, Karen and Nancy. Sounds like good trips.
Thanks, Dan!
Old 08-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #1000
goofeygirl
DIS Veteran

I always stay at the Dolphin when I am in Disney...which is about two times a year. I have never stayed at the Swan though. I guess you get comfortable with one and stick with it.

I love everything about it. You are not so far out of the way and can walk around the boardwalk and to Epcot center. I love the other hotels but feel you get more bang for your buck at these hotels.
goofeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #1001
catiesmom
Earning My Ears

Thank you all for your answers!! Very helpful and appreciated Initially we were planning to stay at the Contemporary Resort to be close to MK but we just couldn't pass up the free rooms via Starwood. So I'm getting very excited about the Swan now!
catiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:20 AM   #1002
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

Quote:
Originally Posted by catiesmom View Post
Thank you all for your answers!! Very helpful and appreciated Initially we were planning to stay at the Contemporary Resort to be close to MK but we just couldn't pass up the free rooms via Starwood. So I'm getting very excited about the Swan now!
how do you get free rooms via starwood? do earn by staying?
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #1003
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
how do you get free rooms via starwood? do earn by staying?
Starwood properties have a rewards program (Westin & Sheraton brands). When you are a Starwood member you earn points for all stays & purchases. You can earn 1-2 (maybe 3) points per dollar spent depending upon what level you are with Starwod, Preferred, Gold or Platinum. It's one of the perks that keeps me going back!

You can get details at www.spg.com.

Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #1004
jcondrad
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone. We were planning to stay YC for our December trip, but with a new baby we want to save some money and try out the swan/dolphin. We were going to go to a mod but love the location of Epcot resorts!!

I read through most of the pages and had a couple questions...
1. I read you can call and update rates if you find a lower one after you put in a reservation. Just wanted to make sure that was correct.

2. I was quoted 161.10 for dec 9-17 on AAA discount standard room at Dolphin. Govt employee rates weren't available during our stay and not sure if they offer AP rates like Disney does. Does that rate sound decent for that time period?

Thanks in advance and thanks for the great thread!! Had most of my answers just by reading first page!

jcondrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #1005
kaceyisme
Just passing the time until my next trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcondrad View Post
Hi everyone. We were planning to stay YC for our December trip, but with a new baby we want to save some money and try out the swan/dolphin. We were going to go to a mod but love the location of Epcot resorts!!

I read through most of the pages and had a couple questions...
1. I read you can call and update rates if you find a lower one after you put in a reservation. Just wanted to make sure that was correct.

2. I was quoted 161.10 for dec 9-17 on AAA discount standard room at Dolphin. Govt employee rates weren't available during our stay and not sure if they offer AP rates like Disney does. Does that rate sound decent for that time period?

Thanks in advance and thanks for the great thread!! Had most of my answers just by reading first page!
That sounds about right for that time of year. Make sure that you book the AAA Resort Credit Offer - it's the same nightly rate, but you get a $50 resort credit.
kaceyisme is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: