Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #16
sympatico
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auger View Post
Can anyone give me the sites that you can go to for checking property ownership, up-to-date on taxes and such, etc?
I saw a post a few days ago - can't remember if it was a recent post or if it was on a search - but there were 3 sites listed.
I can't for the life of me find that post now!!

Help?!?!
This is the site for Kissimmee which is in Osceola County:
http://ira.property-appraiser.org/PropertySearch/
There's a link when the owner's page comes up to the tax collector site.
There's also a court site: http://osceolaclerk.com/
Lindfields: twice, Lake Davenport, Venice hotel,Oak Plantation, St. Pete's Beach Hilton, Wyndham Cypress Palms, Pink Shell Fort Myers Beach, Liki Tiki Village, Grand Reserve, Rotonda Lakes near Port Charlotte,Windsor Hills: 6 times, Indian Creek (twice), Emerald Island (4 times), Reunion Resort (twice) Sunset Lakes, Crestwynd Bay, Briarwood in Naples
sympatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #17
auger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sympatico View Post
This is the site for Kissimmee which is in Osceola County:
http://ira.property-appraiser.org/PropertySearch/
There's a link when the owner's page comes up to the tax collector site.
There's also a court site: http://osceolaclerk.com/
PERFECT!!!
THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU!!
I will be sure to save those this time!!
auger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2012, 11:18 PM   #18
LILJAN59
Mouseketeer

Unhappy Our big rental problem

We rented a condo at Windsor Palms for 2 months until March 5th 2010, I think. We enjoyed the Flower and Garden Show on March 2nd and returned to our condo to find a flood. The water heater in the unit above ours went out. To make a very long story short, we ruined a laptop computer, printer, had lots of wet clothes, suitcases, etc. We had to find another place to stay the last nites and went to Saratoga Springs to sort, wash, and repack all of the wet or ruined stuff.

Here is the real Kicker, Windsor palms was not responsible, the people we rented from were not responsible, the people above us with the water heater in cracked pan, and not connected to an outside drain were not responsible, our insurance said we would only wind up with $49.00 after our deductible and rate increase, and, even better, our travel insurance only covered flood loss from natural causes and not from plumbing problems. FIVE insurance companies did not help us. We are senior citizens with knee problems and there was no help to just get out as fast as you can!!!!

I found the condo manager we had very difficult to understand and deal with, and we had words. He was from the UK.

I did not have a problem with renting from a private party, but be very careful and make sure you have very good travel insurance with flood coverage from plumbing, and also fire. They had had a fire in the building we were in, above and in back of us and they were repairing that while we were stying there.
LILJAN59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:50 AM   #19
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

Just wanted to let everyone know that we are back from our trip and all went well. The house was fine and there were no problems with it and the owners were pleasant to deal with.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #20
Detailor
DIS Veteran

I think it's great that you took the time to come back and report on your positive experience - (you'd be surprised how few people actually do that after their vacations). So glad that you had a good experience and a good time!

Dick Taylor
1961 New Years - The Disneyland Hotel, 1977 February - someplace on I-Drive that doesn't exist anymore, 1997 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 1998 February - Cypress Pointe, 1999 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2000 February - Vacation Villas at Fantasy World, 2001 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2002 March - Hilton Grand VacationClub at Sea World, 2003 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 2004 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2005 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2005 June - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2006 February - Pool House in Davenport, 2006 June - Tampa Doubletree, 2007 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2007 July - Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, 2008 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2008 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2008 June - Cypress Pointe, 2009 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2009 June - Marriott's Sabal Palms, 2010 February/March - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2010 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2011 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2012 December - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2013 March - Westin Lake Mary Orlando North
Detailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #21
disneysteve
You have to enjoy life, not go around worrying about what other people think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know that we are back from our trip and all went well. The house was fine and there were no problems with it and the owners were pleasant to deal with.
That's great. Glad you had a good time. We will be arriving this Friday for our rental at Windsor Palms. We've stayed there many times. I have no problem renting from individuals. It is so much nicer than staying in a hotel.
Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
disneysteve is online now   Reply With Quote