Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2010, 02:36 PM   #1
LekiaHall
Mouseketeer

What You Cancel Reservation from Unresponse Homeowners??

Hi All,

I'm planning a trip to WDW in late April 2010. In December, I found a townhome rental in the Windsor Hills Resort area. I booked with the owners of a 3-bd townhome and sent information to get the reservation booked; their townhome's website does show my dates as booked. My problem (or should I say problems?!!):

-The owner's response time is very poor. Prior to booking, response time was about 1-2 days. Now that I've booked it's more like 1-2 weeks without a response. I have an email that I sent last week that should have some sort of response from the owners, and I've heard nothing.

-Though my dates are booked on the website, my credit card has yet to be charged for the deposit. The first portion was due when I booked (in December) and second installment was Jan 4. Neither fee has been charged. Final payment isn't due until 30 days prior to trip.

-The owners haven't provided their names. In emails they sign it "Windsor Rental LLC".

Should I be concerned? Not having their names or even not being charged wouldn't worry me so much if it wasn't combined with the fact that they are poor, and verging on negligent, when it comes to responding to inquiries. This worries me, because what if there's a problem that requires immediate assistance while I'm there on vacation? While there is a property management company, I'm not sure I'm totally comfortable.

What do you all think about this? Should I move on and rent somewhere else before good places fill up? Should I stick it out and chalk it up to non-email savvy homeowners? Advice please!!!!!

LekiaHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
fastmb
Earning My Ears

In my opinion, there are so many great and reliable people renting property at Windsor Hills that if you're not 100% comfortable you may want to look elsewhere. I've stayed many times there with a few different people and always felt secure. Keep looking, you still have time.
fastmb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2012, 08:28 AM   #3
yamamotosayuri
Earning My Ears

Hello, did you solve this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LekiaHall View Post
Hi All,

I'm planning a trip to WDW in late April 2010. In December, I found a townhome rental in the Windsor Hills Resort area. I booked with the owners of a 3-bd townhome and sent information to get the reservation booked; their townhome's website does show my dates as booked. My problem (or should I say problems?!!):

-The owner's response time is very poor. Prior to booking, response time was about 1-2 days. Now that I've booked it's more like 1-2 weeks without a response. I have an email that I sent last week that should have some sort of response from the owners, and I've heard nothing.

-Though my dates are booked on the website, my credit card has yet to be charged for the deposit. The first portion was due when I booked (in December) and second installment was Jan 4. Neither fee has been charged. Final payment isn't due until 30 days prior to trip.

-The owners haven't provided their names. In emails they sign it "Windsor Rental LLC".

Should I be concerned? Not having their names or even not being charged wouldn't worry me so much if it wasn't combined with the fact that they are poor, and verging on negligent, when it comes to responding to inquiries. This worries me, because what if there's a problem that requires immediate assistance while I'm there on vacation? While there is a property management company, I'm not sure I'm totally comfortable.

What do you all think about this? Should I move on and rent somewhere else before good places fill up? Should I stick it out and chalk it up to non-email savvy homeowners? Advice please!!!!!
Hello, Lekia!
I'm interested on the same house... How did you solve this problem?
yamamotosayuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #4
swilshire
DIS Veteran

Not a lawyer, but I would expect the LLC (Limited Liability Corporation) signature would be valid. You should be able to Google the name and find the owners of the Corporation.

Sheila
swilshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #5
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilshire View Post
Not a lawyer, but I would expect the LLC (Limited Liability Corporation) signature would be valid. You should be able to Google the name and find the owners of the Corporation.

Sheila

Since it's been over two years....I assume OP has long since dealt with the issue.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote