Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 10:57 PM   #76
castawaycayfans
DIS Veteran
 
castawaycayfans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 504

I have sent a pm to join the facebook group also.
castawaycayfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:49 AM   #77
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,447

Quote:
Originally Posted by castawaycayfans View Post
I am working on the pre-cruise hotel and post-cruise hotel for now, as we will be able to stay in Barcelona for a couple of extra days. I wish that we had FF points, but we used them to fly in for our last cruise in Jan.
Are you staying in Barcelona pre or post cruise?

2 more weeks and the airfare should be available to at least get an idea on what the cost will be.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #78
DisneyHelen
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 178

Smile

I am very excited to book pre cruise Barcelona ABD add on and Hotel Arts after cruise
__________________
DisneyHelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #79
castawaycayfans
DIS Veteran
 
castawaycayfans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 504

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOHFan View Post
Are you staying in Barcelona pre or post cruise?

2 more weeks and the airfare should be available to at least get an idea on what the cost will be.
We are flying in the day before and spending one night, as we experienced mechanical problems on our flight in 2010 and got in later than we had expected. Luckily, we knew to fly in the day before. We met people in Malta who had the same problem with their plane, but were due to fly in on the cruise day, so they missed the ship and the first 2 nights! As for after the cruise, we are hoping to spend 2-3 days in Barcelona, as the kids will be out of school this time and our schedule is more open.

What part of Ohio are you from?
castawaycayfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:08 PM   #80
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,447

Quote:
Originally Posted by castawaycayfans View Post
We are flying in the day before and spending one night, as we experienced mechanical problems on our flight in 2010 and got in later than we had expected. Luckily, we knew to fly in the day before. We met people in Malta who had the same problem with their plane, but were due to fly in on the cruise day, so they missed the ship and the first 2 nights! As for after the cruise, we are hoping to spend 2-3 days in Barcelona, as the kids will be out of school this time and our schedule is more open.

What part of Ohio are you from?
Yep, that is why we are shooting for 2 days early. 1 for flight issues and 1 to check out Barcelona (hopefully we don't have flight issues and get 2 days to see the city). We are from the Columbus area.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #81
castawaycayfans
DIS Veteran
 
castawaycayfans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 504

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOHFan View Post
Yep, that is why we are shooting for 2 days early. 1 for flight issues and 1 to check out Barcelona (hopefully we don't have flight issues and get 2 days to see the city). We are from the Columbus area.
Our flight was delayed by mechanical issues, but before that, they informed us that they had bumped our then 6 yr old DS, which freaked him out. They offered to put us on the next flight on the next day, but we insisted that we had to go out on that day, so they made it work. We ended up being about 4 hours late, almost missing our connection in Frankfurt.

I felt really bad for those people who joined us late, they had the frazzled look. DH talked to the wife in the laundry room and she told him that they had flown into Malta and spent the night to catch up with us. What a way to start a vacation.

DH was born in Dayton and spent school years in Lima before moving to NC.
castawaycayfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #82
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,447

Quote:
Originally Posted by castawaycayfans View Post
Our flight was delayed by mechanical issues, but before that, they informed us that they had bumped our then 6 yr old DS, which freaked him out. They offered to put us on the next flight on the next day, but we insisted that we had to go out on that day, so they made it work. We ended up being about 4 hours late, almost missing our connection in Frankfurt.

I felt really bad for those people who joined us late, they had the frazzled look. DH talked to the wife in the laundry room and she told him that they had flown into Malta and spent the night to catch up with us. What a way to start a vacation.

DH was born in Dayton and spent school years in Lima before moving to NC.
I couldn't imagine starting my vacation that way. I am shooting for only 1 layover to help reduce our chance of having issues.

There are a few of us from OH on this cruise. We are originally from MN. We have only been in OH for 9 years.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #83
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,447

Rick Steve's

I bought Rick Steves' 2011 edition for the Mediterranean Cruise Ports and he has a new edition coming out in Sept. Does anyone know if he makes quite a few changes between editions that might make it worth getting the updated version?
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:22 PM   #84
ruthjohn
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9

Count me in!

So excited my husband and I will be going on the June 8th cruise. This is our first Disney cruise and first trip to Europe
ruthjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #85
MrsKP
Mouseketeer
 
MrsKP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lexington SC
Posts: 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOHFan View Post
I bought Rick Steves' 2011 edition for the Mediterranean Cruise Ports and he has a new edition coming out in Sept. Does anyone know if he makes quite a few changes between editions that might make it worth getting the updated version?
Not sure. We have the current edition. I imagine that we will get the new version. Lorraine & I are sharing the current one.
__________________
Kerry

DH-Kevin Kerry DS-Jared (14) DD-Ellison (3)

Disney Wonder 2006
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2013

MrsKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:01 AM   #86
DisneyCamper
Earning My Ears
 
DisneyCamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 28

We are looking at adding the flights for our June Mediterranean cruise through dcl. For those who have done this in the past, can you specify the number of layovers and request an upgrade to the seats (maybe something like premium economy for more leg room) when doing the add-on? Thanks and looking forward to the cruise!
DisneyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:20 PM   #87
Angie_Ohio
Mouseketeer
 
Angie_Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 420

Hi Everyone! We are currently booked on the 12 night Venice cruise but may be joining you with a another friend and her son. We booked long ago and had our 10% discount so our price was good. They are unable to get anything reasonable for that cruise so we offered to switch ours.

My DS17 and I sailed on the Magic last summer for the 11 day Med. We had a great time. We did all ports on our own. Read many trip reports from the DIS before sailing. Took Rick Steves books and pod casts on our ipods.

We flew in early ($1250) each and stayed at Hotel Marina. We loved the breakfast and friendly staff. Used the HOHO bus for two days and saw much of Barcelona. Can't wait to see it again. This time taking DS16 and DS14.
__________________

******************************************

Disney Magic: 2007, 2009 Eastern, 2011 Mediterranean, 2013 Mediterranean
Disney Wonder 2009
Disneyland 2008
WDW 1984 (Honeymoon) + many more
RCI Jewel of the Seas 2012
Angie_Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:52 PM   #88
tajz90
Mama D
 
tajz90's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,434

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOHFan
I know, I know, this is really early to ask, but I am going to anyway. Has anyone done a Med cruise through DCL? If so, did you do the excursions through DCL or on your own.
We did the Med in 07 and did all excursions on our own except for Rome. We took Disney transport into Rome. Afraid not to make it back. We toured Rome on our own once there. Easy. We are taking another Med cruise in 13 and plan to tour on our own again.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #89
castawaycayfans
DIS Veteran
 
castawaycayfans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 504

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
We did the Med in 07 and did all excursions on our own except for Rome. We took Disney transport into Rome. Afraid not to make it back. We toured Rome on our own once there. Easy. We are taking another Med cruise in 13 and plan to tour on our own again.
We did a couple of the excursions, but did most of them on our own. Traveling in Europe is so much easier than traveling here. Also, something that we learned on one of our cruises from a CM: if you are on your own, always take the Port Agent's info (found on the back of the Navigators) with you. If you are having trouble getting back to the ship, you can contact the Port Agent and they let the ship know that you are having issues and will try to assist you. Does that mean they won't leave you? I don't know, but it wouldn't hurt.
castawaycayfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #90
castawaycayfans
DIS Veteran
 
castawaycayfans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie_Ohio View Post
Hi Everyone! We are currently booked on the 12 night Venice cruise but may be joining you with a another friend and her son. We booked long ago and had our 10% discount so our price was good. They are unable to get anything reasonable for that cruise so we offered to switch ours.

My DS17 and I sailed on the Magic last summer for the 11 day Med. We had a great time. We did all ports on our own. Read many trip reports from the DIS before sailing. Took Rick Steves books and pod casts on our ipods.

We flew in early ($1250) each and stayed at Hotel Marina. We loved the breakfast and friendly staff. Used the HOHO bus for two days and saw much of Barcelona. Can't wait to see it again. This time taking DS16 and DS14.
Welcome!
castawaycayfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.