Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #31
utterrandomness
Mouseketeer

No one should ever have to "adjust" or "get used to" being verbally abused, and I'm sorry that you feel that you've had to.

Vigilantism is out of control when the kind of people who should be being protected, or for whom the advocacy is intended, are being told that they have to deal with the backlash because it's helping others. Is it really a good thing when things swing so far the other way?

I will not stand for verbal abuse, and I especially will not stand for calls to such vigilantism from within the disability community. These apps encourage people to take a stand against people they think don't deserve accommodations. I'm not saying that every app is like that, but it's part of a greater culture of judgement and division that worries me. Who are we to decide what others do and do not deserve?

It isn't the comments that bother me, ignorant people mouthing off is just a part of life, the part that bothers me is that there is an option to report people WITH placards.
utterrandomness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #32
peemagg
We are doing the AKL tri-fecta
You will find us wrapped up in them at night and on the weekends

This is an interesting thing that goes along with what we have all been talking about and "fakers" being reported.

I was just on the www.michigan.gov site reading about handicapped parking (this was brought on by us seeing a combat wounded veteran plate. We were looking to see about whether or not only disabled vets or any vet with a veteran plate can use the handicapped parking). Anyways I was reading the general pamphlet that they have posted and at the very bottom was a number and a website to report fraud. Here is the place I am referring to:http://www.michigan.gov/documents/di...re_33616_7.pdf.
peemagg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: