Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #16
MinnieTeacher
Mouseketeer

Wyndham Bonnet Creek is as close to disney as you can get without being in a disney hotel. It is a beautiful timeshare resort with great rates. We paid more for our room at the Comfort Suites than we paid for a 2 BR condo. Check e-bay for great rates.
2009- Animal Kingdom Lodge
2010-Polynesian Resort
2011-Port Orleans French Quarter
Me

: DH

DD

DS

MinnieTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:43 AM   #17
LILJAN59
Mouseketeer

Angry Windsor Palms

It is an aging resort with Avery nice pool, friendly staff, nice bbqs, but if you have a problem with a flood from a water heater in the unit aboveyou, no one is responsible, not Windsor palms, not the people you rented from, not the people who owned the unit above you who had the water heater in a cracked pan and not connected to an outside drain!!!

You will have to cover your own losses, and believe me homeowners is only good for thousands of dollars in losses, and travel insurance does not cover flood from plumbing problems. Also, when we were there they were repairing another unit where there had been a fire!!! So, avoid Windsor Palms, unless you have excellent travel insurance!!!!!
LILJAN59 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #18
disneysteve
You have to enjoy life, not go around worrying about what other people think

Quote:
Originally Posted by LILJAN59 View Post
It is an aging resort with Avery nice pool, friendly staff, nice bbqs, but if you have a problem with a flood from a water heater in the unit aboveyou, no one is responsible, not Windsor palms, not the people you rented from, not the people who owned the unit above you who had the water heater in a cracked pan and not connected to an outside drain!!!

You will have to cover your own losses, and believe me homeowners is only good for thousands of dollars in losses, and travel insurance does not cover flood from plumbing problems. Also, when we were there they were repairing another unit where there had been a fire!!! So, avoid Windsor Palms, unless you have excellent travel insurance!!!!!
Whoa! I'm not sure what happened to you at Windsor Palms but please don't trash an entire neighborhood due to one bad experience. WP is a gated community made up of hundreds of single homes, condos and town houses, both rentals and owner-occupied units. We've rented there many times and will be checking in to a townhouse there on Friday. I highly recommend it to those looking to rent offsite for many reasons.

What happens if a pipe bursts and the unit gets flooded? I would imagine the exact same thing as if a hotel pipe bursts and my hotel room gets flooded. Our stuff gets wet. We wouldn't have "thousands of dollars in losses" because we don't travel with thousands of dollars of stuff. And most of the stuff would be clothing that could be washed. We might lose a suitcase or two and maybe a laptop but that's about it. And that could happen in a hotel just as well as in a rental property. Same for a fire. I'm not really sure why you would single out Windsor Palms.
Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
disneysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:13 PM   #19
Mom2HandR
Mouseketeer

We are renting a 2 bedroom villa that sleeps 8 at Holiday Inn Orange Lake River Island for $106 a night if that helps.
Mom2HandR is offline   Reply With Quote