Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #1621
Nishmom
Earning My Ears

Have there really been no posts in the last two days or is my computer malfunctioning??
Old 08-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #1622
acourtwdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishmom View Post
Have there really been no posts in the last two days or is my computer malfunctioning??
No there hasn't been new posts but there is activity on FB.
Places we've stayed at WDW:Carribean Beach, Animal Kingdom Lodge, All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music, Cornado Springs, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk Villas, Old Key West, Beach Club Villas, Bay Lake Towers, Fort Wilderness Campground, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings

Other Disney Properties:Hilton Head, Vero Beach, Disneyland Hotel, Disney Cruise Line, Platinum, baby! (including the WBTA 2010 and Hawaii Oct 2012) and Disneyland Paris
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #1623
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

How have everyone's runs gone this weekend? I'm scheduled to do 13 tomorrow and I really don't want to . It's so humid here. I'm sweaty just walking out the door. I might do a shorter run tomorrow and save the 13 for later in the week. Hopefully it will cool off, or at least the humidity will drop.
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
Old 08-04-2012, 11:39 PM   #1624
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG View Post
How have everyone's runs gone this weekend? I'm scheduled to do 13 tomorrow and I really don't want to . It's so humid here. I'm sweaty just walking out the door. I might do a shorter run tomorrow and save the 13 for later in the week. Hopefully it will cool off, or at least the humidity will drop.

Boy I don't know how you Princesses survive with the humid weather.

We're having cool and foggy weather here so it will be great for a 10 mile run.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #1625
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post

We're having cool and foggy weather here so it will be great for a 10 mile run.
I would love some cooler temps. Not wishing summer away, but for running I am looking forward to the fall.
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
Old 08-05-2012, 12:42 AM   #1626
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would love some cooler temps. Not wishing summer away, but for running I am looking forward to the fall.
I know !!! I love summer but it seems like we celebrate 4th of July---and all the stores start having the pre-seaon fall sales. Nothing like trying on long sweaters while you're wearing shorts.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #1627
KTE
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I did 4.5 this morning at 7am- it was brutal. A pretty easy run in terms of the path, but it was already 85 degrees and it was humid enough that I felt like I was running in a sauna! I had to stop and walk a few times, not because I was out of breath, but because I was so sticky and hot. lol I'm not used to this kind of weather- we are supposed to have mild summers and snowy winters- I'm just crossing my fingers that super hot summer will equal less snow!
Old 08-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #1628
dmonroe
DIS Veteran

I did 4.2 yesterday morning, and it was pretty brutal! I overslept and didn't get out there until almost 9:00. Won't be making that mistake again! It was so humid it was like breathing water!
Old 08-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #1629
SuperHappyFunTimes
RunDisney Races coming up: Wine & Dine, Glass Slipper Challenge, Tink

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTE View Post
I did 4.5 this morning at 7am- it was brutal. A pretty easy run in terms of the path, but it was already 85 degrees and it was humid enough that I felt like I was running in a sauna! I had to stop and walk a few times, not because I was out of breath, but because I was so sticky and hot. lol I'm not used to this kind of weather- we are supposed to have mild summers and snowy winters- I'm just crossing my fingers that super hot summer will equal less snow!
Oh yeah, me too. At the end it was 76 degrees with 93% humidity. Pretty typical for August here. The sweat was dripping off me. Otherwise it was a great run. I'm doing 2min run/ 2 min walk intervals. I did 4.53 miles in 51:37. Avg pace was 11:24 min/mile. Then, since I was so sweaty anyways, I went and mowed the yard.

I am so done with summer. Bring on November!!

I saw that Disney has the extra magic hours up for the race weekend, so I'm trying to figure out where & when to make my dining reservations. We're staying at the Ft Wilderness cabins, so we'll eat in a lot, but I want to do at least a couple of celebratory meals. My toddler's still napping from noon to 2, so I have to work around that too.

I was having some shin tenderness so I got some compression sleeves for my calves a couple of weeks ago and they really seem to be helping.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #1630
amykay9377
Prepare to be amazed beyond all expectations. After all it is what I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
On days that it is so thick that you can drink the air, I tell myself that just getting out and doing what I can is a win. Some days I literally can only do a mile or two (I'm still out of shape and overweight, so that's hampering me too). Other days like today, I was able to do 4.25; though by mile 3 I was sticky, snotty, and all-around uncomfortable - but I was too far from my car to quit .

Another thing that gets me through this is knowing that if I can do it now, I can do it BETTER when the temps go down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHappyFunTimes View Post
Oh yeah, me too. At the end it was 76 degrees with 93% humidity. Pretty typical for August here. The sweat was dripping off me. Otherwise it was a great run. I'm doing 2min run/ 2 min walk intervals. I did 4.53 miles in 51:37. Avg pace was 11:24 min/mile. Then, since I was so sweaty anyways, I went and mowed the yard.

I was having some shin tenderness so I got some compression sleeves for my calves a couple of weeks ago and they really seem to be helping.
SHFT - it's a shame you didn't wait actually - I was up at 7 to take DH to work and it was nasty hot so I wasn't looking forward to my run, but by 8:45ish, I headed to Westside and the weather was much better. Breezy, but overcast. Got a little funky by 10am, but I was able to do 4.25 miles! Great pace for you! I can really only do intervals of 45s/2m right now (especially in this nasty humidity), so my pace time is averaging around 16-17mm. I'm happy with that for August!

Also, +1 for Calf sleeves! I love mine!

Check out my blog!
(I may need to change the name soon...)

Old 08-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #1631
acourtwdw
DIS Veteran

It's currently 83 and I just did 5 miles in 1:26. Longest and fastest run ever!!!
Places we've stayed at WDW:Carribean Beach, Animal Kingdom Lodge, All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music, Cornado Springs, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk Villas, Old Key West, Beach Club Villas, Bay Lake Towers, Fort Wilderness Campground, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings

Other Disney Properties:Hilton Head, Vero Beach, Disneyland Hotel, Disney Cruise Line, Platinum, baby! (including the WBTA 2010 and Hawaii Oct 2012) and Disneyland Paris
Old 08-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #1632
TinyDancer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did a 5k on Friday night... no long run this weekend unless I do a few miles tonight. It's only 80 degrees here, but the humidity is horrible.

Quote:

I saw that Disney has the extra magic hours up for the race weekend, so I'm trying to figure out where & when to make my dining reservations. We're staying at the Ft Wilderness cabins, so we'll eat in a lot, but I want to do at least a couple of celebratory meals. My toddler's still napping from noon to 2, so I have to work around that too.

I agree, bring on the fall!! October, at least, because I'm going to WDW!

I love my compression sleeves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acourtwdw View Post
It's currently 83 and I just did 5 miles in 1:26. Longest and fastest run ever!!!
GREAT job!!!
Old 08-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #1633
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did a 10K yesterday. It was HUMID even early. At the end of the race it was over 80 already with a real feel about 85. I did get a 1:14 though which I am pretty happy with. Would like below a 1:10 but I have a fall race coming so maybe I can shave some time off.

Quote:

I saw the hours!! I am hoping they extend the time at MK the night of the Princess. Right now it closes at 8pm with EMH until 10pm. I know from other trips they usually add hours so I am keeping my fingers crossed. What are you thinking about for food? DH and I are having differing opinions already.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #1634
Nishmom
Earning My Ears

While watching the women's Olympic marathon this morning, my hubby and I agreed that we were kind of envious of the fact that they ran in cool rainy weather, while all we seem to get is hot as blazes and sauna steamy! I'm so over this summer weather!

I've been off the last couple of days as we were out of town but we're going to try for 5 miles tomorrow morning.

Pattie
Old 08-05-2012, 04:37 PM   #1635
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Now that they have Feb park hours released I am trying to just my adrs is order.

Is anyone doing the pasta party or the breakfast after the 5k. I'm thinking about doing one or the other, but not sure if they would be worth it. I might just book Via Napoli or Tutto Friday night and Akershus for breakfast after the 5k.

Has anyone ever done one of the pasta parties? The buffet items look pretty blah but maybe the experience and meeting other runners makes up for it?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: