Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #136
Princessclab
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family View Post
most people prefer the other configuration - with the bed by the verandah - as it gives you more room to get into the closet, especially if you're more than one person in a room...

DD prefers it that way - she just got off the radiance yesterday where she had the bed by the verandah and much prefers that configuration..

but i prefer having the sofa by the verandah (bed by the closet)....and i'm going to be on the cruise by myself, so i don't have to worry about getting into the closet with two people...(some people complain about it being difficult to get into the closet when the bed is there)..

as to how you can figure it out...that's a hot topic on cruise critic....
actually, i called RCCL and asked and the guy claimed they don't even know, but if i really want to find out, he would check for me and get back to me in a day or two (he claimed that's how long it takes to find out )..

i didn't do that, but instead searched on cruise critic....
it's the most common question on the RCCL board there - what's the configuration of room XXXX.......it took a while, but i finally found one room in my category that was still open on the cruise that seems to have that configuration...

as i said, i don't think it's a deal breaker....i'd be happy with the other configuration too...but if it turns out this way, i'll be even happier!
Thanks! I had no idea it is such a hot topic. I'll look for the board on CC. Have a good weekend.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #137
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

i don't know if i'm allowed to post this here or not..

there is a nice picture report of a cruise on the oasis on cruise critic...
his pictures of the oasis are beautiful:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1679181
Old 08-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #138
mikelan6
World Traveler, Usually Optimistic

Wow Beth ... that was a great find. I loved that guys photos.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:26 AM   #139
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelan6 View Post
Wow Beth ... that was a great find. I loved that guys photos.
there are lots of pictures of the oasis on CC, but they're all just standard pictures, but i thought his are really beautiful.
Someone posted that they thought his angle was more interesting than usual since he's taking them from a sitting position in his wheelchair.
I'm not sure if i noticed that difference - i'm not very observant about picture angles and the like -but i did think they're exceptionally pretty!
Old 08-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #140
TinkerChelle
Happy Mommy of 2

Hi all!

Trying to convince my wife to go on this cruise. We have never cruised but I have always wanted to try it. At the time of the cruise, our kids would be 4 and 2. So, my questions are:

1. What is your favorite thing about cruising?
2. If you have kids, have you ever cruised with young kids and how did it go?
3. If you have been on the Oasis, what activities did you enjoy? She is convinced she will be bored.
TinkerChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #141
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Hi Chelle.

We did PCC 3.0 with our 9YO Grandson (who turns 10 this weekend) and he wasn't the least bit bored. Of course that was Disney and I have no idea how good the children's programs are on the RC ships. For what its worth, Connor spent only a part of his time in the club. He also enjoyed spending time at the pool (with us) and doing the kids detective agency game on board.

To generalize (without knowing anything about the Oasis), cruises are a really good opportunity to get some together time and some alone time - all in one vacation. There will be things that can keep the children occupied while you and Amy head off to do something on your own. There will also be time for the four of you to do things together.

This particular itinerary includes stops at St. Thomas and St. Martin, both of which are good ports to get off the ship and do things like shop and beach. It also includes a stop in Nassau, which is not so great. I can elaborate on that in a PM if you like.

Hope to see you on board.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #142
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerChelle View Post
Hi all!

Trying to convince my wife to go on this cruise. We have never cruised but I have always wanted to try it. At the time of the cruise, our kids would be 4 and 2. So, my questions are:

1. What is your favorite thing about cruising?
2. If you have kids, have you ever cruised with young kids and how did it go?
3. If you have been on the Oasis, what activities did you enjoy? She is convinced she will be bored.
do it do it do it!!!!!
cruising is the PERFECT vacation!! really!! absolutely wonderful and relaxing..
even with two little kidlets....

let me suggest you read the following trip report....it's about a cruise on the allure of the seas, but they're essentially the same....the same size and with similar offerings....
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2810383

the family in the trip report has 3 kids, including a young one (i can't remember the age, but she's young), so that might give you an idea...
from what i've heard, RCCL has very good childrens programming on its ships...

as for your questions:
1. so many things are enjoyable on a cruise....it's an all inclusive vacation...you don't have to arrange for anything...it's all done for you...with activities day and night....as my daughter says, it's like being at summer camp...both for kids and adults....so much to do, the only problem is deciding which ones to do, since there's just so much...
some people prefer relaxing on a cruise, but i just love all the activities....

2. my kids were already teens when we started cruising...

3. read the trip report for what that family did on the allure...it's basically the same....we've never been on the oasis, but my daughter just got off the radiance of the seas, another RCCL ship....she said it was non-stop activities practically round the clock!!! i've heard all RCCL ships are like that..

tell your wife she's going to have a blast!!!!
Old 08-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #143
Princessclab
Earning My Ears

Ft Lauderdale web cam

I just saw our beautiful Oasis of the Seas leave port Ft. Lauderdale on the webcam. It was a bit rainy but she is still a looker when at sail. I am not sure if I can wait a whole year (+ a bit)!!!

Last edited by Princessclab; 08-11-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Princessclab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #144
Mickeefan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessclab View Post
I just saw our beautiful Oasis of the Seas leave port Ft. Lauderdale on the webcam. It was a bit rainy but she is still a looker when at sail. I am not sure if I can wait a whole year (+ a bit)!!!
I was watching, too! I'm glad I have another cruise planned in between. It'll kind of be a primer for the big event!
Old 08-13-2012, 01:18 AM   #145
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

are we there yet?????????????
Old 08-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #146
Mickeefan
DIS Veteran

I have a decision to make. I found out yesterday that a cousin of mine is getting married in September, 2013, on the Disney Dream and would love for us to attend.

That means, that I can't do both the DIS cruise & her cruise (even though her's is just 4 days). I was so excited about the DIS cruise on RCCL and I really want to go, but at the same time, I'd love to cruise on Disney again and this would be a great opportunity to do so. Maybe we could even squeeze in a few days at Disney.

I think I know what my decision is, but I don't want to say it out loud!
Old 08-16-2012, 03:58 AM   #147
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeefan View Post
I have a decision to make. I found out yesterday that a cousin of mine is getting married in September, 2013, on the Disney Dream and would love for us to attend.

That means, that I can't do both the DIS cruise & her cruise (even though her's is just 4 days). I was so excited about the DIS cruise on RCCL and I really want to go, but at the same time, I'd love to cruise on Disney again and this would be a great opportunity to do so. Maybe we could even squeeze in a few days at Disney.

I think I know what my decision is, but I don't want to say it out loud!
do both?
Old 08-16-2012, 07:44 AM   #148
Princessclab
Earning My Ears

Quote:
do both?
I second that!!
Old 08-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #149
Mickeefan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
do both?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessclab View Post
I second that!!
I would definately do both if I could. I doubt that I could be my travelling partners to do both, however, so I'd need a roommate for the DIS cruise. I know I could get the time off work.

A decision will probably not be made for a while, so I'll dream about taking both cruises until then.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:27 AM   #150
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeefan View Post
I would definately do both if I could. I doubt that I could be my travelling partners to do both, however, so I'd need a roommate for the DIS cruise. I know I could get the time off work.

A decision will probably not be made for a while, so I'll dream about taking both cruises until then.
If you need a roommate for this cruise make sure you send Tracey a note (TraceyH@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com). She will keep your request on file and if another DISer needs a roommate she will put you in touch with one another to see if you're compatible.

WebmasterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: