Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 02:52 AM   #481
alicia1506
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus View Post
Caffeine can help to open the blood vessels (or something!), which helps ease migraines for some sufferers. It could have nothing to do with withdrawals at all, you could just be one of those people that caffeine HELPS in regards to migraines rather than being a trigger My old boss was like that too.
woah!!! thanks for this. i will try it again next time i get a migraine (they seem to be rather more prevalent than i would like) and see if it works. lol. the usual triggers are caffeine, cheese, red wine, chocolate or high sugar/carb foods, none of which set me off. i get cluster migraines, so i get multiple migraines in different locations in my brain at the same time. horrible, horrible situation and i take pills to prevent, but they can't stop them

thanks for the suggestion though... you may have just saved me

today was a bad day for me. really, really ill with my 'condition' so am not very happy. started a brand new fitness journal yesterday, input all my measurements, and it's now totally blank. i'm wiping today out, and starting fresh tomorrow.

today i've been on the couch under a blanket watching 'army wives'... thinking i need a tv in the bedroom to make it easier to entertain myself when i'm sick, instead of having to sit squished up on a couch that's too small to lie on
__________________


me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #482
5ofus
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 942

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
woah!!! thanks for this. i will try it again next time i get a migraine (they seem to be rather more prevalent than i would like) and see if it works. lol. the usual triggers are caffeine, cheese, red wine, chocolate or high sugar/carb foods, none of which set me off. i get cluster migraines, so i get multiple migraines in different locations in my brain at the same time. horrible, horrible situation and i take pills to prevent, but they can't stop them

thanks for the suggestion though... you may have just saved me

today was a bad day for me. really, really ill with my 'condition' so am not very happy. started a brand new fitness journal yesterday, input all my measurements, and it's now totally blank. i'm wiping today out, and starting fresh tomorrow.

today i've been on the couch under a blanket watching 'army wives'... thinking i need a tv in the bedroom to make it easier to entertain myself when i'm sick, instead of having to sit squished up on a couch that's too small to lie on
No worries, I hope it does help I don't know the science behind it, but it did work for my old boss so....

Oooh, I love Army Wives. The first couple of seasons were my favourite.

Feeling a bit flat today. Coming down after my caffeine-fueled day yesterday I think. Looking forward to the weekend
__________________
Me and He , DS1 , DS2 and DS3 makes our family complete

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #483
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,498

yeahhhhh!!!! the weekend is upon us

bout time......

gym tonight, forgot gym gear yesterday, very disappointed to miss a day so close to holidays....only 6 weeks left to train

hope you all have a great day
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:28 PM   #484
becpee
I see sock puppets
 
becpee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hi from Oz!
Posts: 2,987

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
bout time......

gym tonight, forgot gym gear yesterday, very disappointed to miss a day so close to holidays....only 6 weeks left to train

hope you all have a great day
Lamb Rogan josh pie for lunch
It was tasty...
__________________


Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:59 AM   #485
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,498

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
Lamb Rogan josh pie for lunch
It was tasty...
i had soup.....plain boring soup.

we have fat Friday at work, and today was ham and cheese croissants.....kill me now....although I resisted and gave half the tray to some hungry yr12's..better on their hips than on mine

step tonight....then home for more soup.

At least i can now just fit into a pair of jeans i couldn't a few months ago.....i did say JUST....
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #486
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran
 
Minnie Sue Oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 758

Weigh in day yesterday proved once again to be fruitful!!! ( umm, is that better than being chocolateful???!!! )

Another 1.5cm ( not much there! ) gone but the best bit is that I have lost another 900gms!!! AND I blew the treadmill up 3 nights ago so I was quite happy with the result.

I do hope the treadmill technician turns up tomorrow on time or I will have to hold him personally rsponsible if I gain any weight at next weeks check in!!!

Hope you all are having a great weekend
__________________
Minnie Sue Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #487
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Sue Oz View Post
Weigh in day yesterday proved once again to be fruitful!!! ( umm, is that better than being chocolateful???!!! )

Another 1.5cm ( not much there! ) gone but the best bit is that I have lost another 900gms!!! AND I blew the treadmill up 3 nights ago so I was quite happy with the result.

I do hope the treadmill technician turns up tomorrow on time or I will have to hold him personally rsponsible if I gain any weight at next weeks check in!!!

Hope you all are having a great weekend
thats flippen awesome..i wish i dropped 1.5cm ANYWHERE!!!

DH has now lost 10 kg...looks great....acts like a 25 yr old now

i have 38 sleeps to drop 2.7 kg to get under the magic 70kg mark..but my hips/bot just wont co-operate.....still as wide as a semi

and I have this bl00dy flu again..seriously did I kill a village of puppies in my last life????
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:31 AM   #488
5ofus
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 942

I've had a shocking weekend. Worst migraine ever yesterday, which has completely wiped me out since. Worse is the food I've eaten today. I always crave a mixture of salt and sugar the day after a migraine. It hasn't bee pretty.
__________________
Me and He , DS1 , DS2 and DS3 makes our family complete

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:20 AM   #489
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,498

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus View Post
I've had a shocking weekend. Worst migraine ever yesterday, which has completely wiped me out since. Worse is the food I've eaten today. I always crave a mixture of salt and sugar the day after a migraine. It hasn't bee pretty.
hope your feeling better.....
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:32 AM   #490
becpee
I see sock puppets
 
becpee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hi from Oz!
Posts: 2,987

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus View Post
I've had a shocking weekend. Worst migraine ever yesterday, which has completely wiped me out since. Worse is the food I've eaten today. I always crave a mixture of salt and sugar the day after a migraine. It hasn't bee pretty.


I've never had a migraine, but from what I hear they can be horrendous.

Hope you're feeling better.
__________________


Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #491
5ofus
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 942

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee



I've never had a migraine, but from what I hear they can be horrendous.

Hope you're feeling better.
Well I'm sitting in the waiting room of a neurologist. For something only half related, so im going to make sure I mention it. I feel sooo much better today
__________________
Me and He , DS1 , DS2 and DS3 makes our family complete

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #492
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,498

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus View Post
Well I'm sitting in the waiting room of a neurologist. For something only half related, so im going to make sure I mention it. I feel sooo much better today
hope they can sort it out for you
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:38 AM   #493
5ofus
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 942

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren

hope they can sort it out for you
Well I got some answers so I'm happy. Also happy to have it proven that it wasn't all in my head. Did my DVD tonight even though it was a struggle so I'm pretty pleased with myself.
__________________
Me and He , DS1 , DS2 and DS3 makes our family complete

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:31 AM   #494
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,498

I'm hearing ya..

did a pump class tonight..my left knee sounds like its wrapped in bubble wrap..not pretty..

but I upped my weights by 2 kg, so not at all shabby...(ok, they are now at 3.5kg x 2) but every little bit helps

soup again today...god how i hate soup....i'd bleed soup if i cut myself
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:47 AM   #495
becpee
I see sock puppets
 
becpee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hi from Oz!
Posts: 2,987

Did a 4.2 km walk this morning then walked to pick Master6 up from school

I will fit in that plane seat easier

5 weeks to go, please another 5 kg
__________________


Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: