Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2012, 01:14 AM   #16
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

So sorry to hear about all this. How are things today?
Old 08-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #17
jedspad
Mouseketeer

Today is better and tomorrow will be even better as it is my final radiation treatment. There were days I didn't think it would ever get here but it has.I am doing pretty well. Neck is looking better and throat is feeling better. After tomorrow I can focus on rest, nutrition and building my strength back up. Thanks to all of you who have given me words of encouragement and helped me stay positive. Until you are in a situation like this, you just never know how much those things mean. I know it has changed my perspective on so many things. I was already one of those people who believe you need to not put off things for someday as there may never be that day, but this has made me even more aware of that. We have done numerous family vacations with our children and grandchildren and I don't regret a single dollar spent on them. They are priceless. Now to plan the next one,,,,
jedspad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #18
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Planning a Disney trip is half the fun - go to it!!!!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #19
jedspad
Mouseketeer

officially done!

I walked into radiation this morning in the same shirt I started this journey in, My tshirt from our 2010 WDW trip with the saying Life is Good with Minnie Mouse ears on the front. I truly meant it too, yes I would rather have not ever had cancer, but I know everything happens for a reason and this has made me a stronger person. I am officially done with all treatment, now to wait about a month and have a repeat pet scan to make sure everything is still clear. I am very hopeful and confident that it will be.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:01 AM   #20
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedspad View Post
I walked into radiation this morning in the same shirt I started this journey in, My tshirt from our 2010 WDW trip with the saying Life is Good with Minnie Mouse ears on the front. I truly meant it too, yes I would rather have not ever had cancer, but I know everything happens for a reason and this has made me a stronger person. I am officially done with all treatment, now to wait about a month and have a repeat pet scan to make sure everything is still clear. I am very hopeful and confident that it will be.
We are all rooting and praying for you. Keep us posted. Get strong and start planning that next trip.

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #21
CaptainAlex
Mouseketeer

Your thread has given me a positive outlook and hope. I'm at the begining stages of a possible health event. Waiting on some test reults to come back. Nervous and worried to no end but it's your courage and example that really bring me hope.

I don't know you but you have inspired me.

All the best!

Past Disney Trips
-June 1989: Hotel Royal Plaza
-July 1989: One day Trip to MK from Port Richie
-August 1989: Holiday Inn (International Drive)
-July 1990: Swan
-June 1993: Port Orleans
-June 1994: Port Orleans
-August 2010: Comfort Suites (International Drive) -Attended Star Wars Celebration
-August 2011: One Week at All Star Music
-August 2012: Embassy Suites (International Drive) -Attended Star Wars Celebration
-February 2013: Art of Animation
CaptainAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:13 AM   #22
jedspad
Mouseketeer

Thank you Captain Alex. I have had many people that I didn't know before I started this journey inspire me so I am glad I can pay if forward. I don't know what kind of health issue you are looking at but I am praying for you right now. I can tell you that I believe keeping a positive attitude is key for any kind of recovery. I researched a lot on my condition and a lot of people told me to quit reading everything I could find but I never did. I felt like the more I knew, the better prepared I could be. Surround yourself with positive people that want to support you. Please keep in touch!
Old 08-07-2012, 07:35 AM   #23
Seaside66
Earning My Ears

I just read this and prayed for you. Keep your eye on God, and stay in faith. Nothing is too hard for our God!
Seaside66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #24
DisneyHoneymoon2002
Apply Pixie Dust Liberally!

Breast Cancer and Disney

I am so happy to find others on here who love Disney and who are battling cancer. I was diagnosed with breast cancer the first week of May, and am undergoing chemo right now (they call it neo-adjuvent, or "before treatment") therapy... this way, when I go in for my right breast mastectomy, scheduled mid to late October, my margins will be "all clear" and prognosis post-surgery is expected to be excellent. My oncologist is calling this cancer "a bump in the road, nothing more". I have strong faith, but sometimes it falters, you know? I have a Disney Cruise planned for christmas week, with four days at Port Orleans afterwards. (my husband's 50th birthday will take place on board :-) ) I am using this to propel me through my tests, my chemo (first treatment of two types of chemo drugs was awful, put me in hospital for dangerously low white blood count) and now I am about to do round two tomorrow of a "lesser" chemo drug, but still strong, of a total of 12 weeks.
DisneyHoneymoon2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:19 AM   #25
jedspad
Mouseketeer

DisneyHoneymoon, I will be praying for you today. I know it is hard to go in there and get that chemo when you know how bad it is going to make you feel. I just tried to think every time how it was killing the bad stuff in me and making me one day closer to being cancer free. I thought of all the wonderful times our family has had at Disney and all the ones to come. We will be there in December too, but the week of the 10th. Our 30th wedding anniversary is the 12th. Hang in there and stay positive. I'm pulling for you.
OCT08 BWV, JAN 09 BWV & VERO, JUN1O BWV,
OCT 11 BWV APRIL 2012 HH DEC 2012 BWV
Old 08-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #26
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

jedspad - Congrats! You did it. Such an amazing celebration to finish. So glad another part of things are done.

I do agree with what you said about reading up on things. People also told me not to but I did. I even asked my oncologist for articles since my cancer is so rare and she said she couldtnt really find anything new etc. I like to have all the knowledge I can to make an informed decision too. Wishing you all the best with the pet scan. Blessings to you
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #27
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAlex View Post
Your thread has given me a positive outlook and hope. I'm at the begining stages of a possible health event. Waiting on some test reults to come back. Nervous and worried to no end but it's your courage and example that really bring me hope.

I don't know you but you have inspired me.

All the best!
Wishing you all the best and I hope your test results come out well for you. Hang in there!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #28
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyHoneymoon2002 View Post
I am so happy to find others on here who love Disney and who are battling cancer. I was diagnosed with breast cancer the first week of May, and am undergoing chemo right now (they call it neo-adjuvent, or "before treatment") therapy... this way, when I go in for my right breast mastectomy, scheduled mid to late October, my margins will be "all clear" and prognosis post-surgery is expected to be excellent. My oncologist is calling this cancer "a bump in the road, nothing more". I have strong faith, but sometimes it falters, you know? I have a Disney Cruise planned for christmas week, with four days at Port Orleans afterwards. (my husband's 50th birthday will take place on board :-) ) I am using this to propel me through my tests, my chemo (first treatment of two types of chemo drugs was awful, put me in hospital for dangerously low white blood count) and now I am about to do round two tomorrow of a "lesser" chemo drug, but still strong, of a total of 12 weeks.
Sorry you have to go through all of this too. My faith also brings me a lot of comfort.

Wonderful that you have a special disney trip to look forward too.

The ladies on the breast cancer survivors thread on the community board are a wealth of information and encouragement. I dont have bc but hang out with them. They adopted thy ca me! Feel free to join us over there.

Wishing you all the best.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #29
jedspad
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the kind words luvmarypoppins. I think cancer unites all of us who are fighting any form of it. I am sorry you are having to fight this terrible disease.
OCT08 BWV, JAN 09 BWV & VERO, JUN1O BWV,
OCT 11 BWV APRIL 2012 HH DEC 2012 BWV
Old 08-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #30
audrey2580
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to give you a hug and say hang in there :-)
audrey2580 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: