Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2012, 09:54 AM   #1831
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goopysolelady View Post
This past March, this one was right outside Capt. Cook's:

And this one was by the exit from the Great Ceremonial House toward the pool. For the life of me I can't figure this one out! There's a constant stream of people coming out those "back doors"! Not complaining...just don't understand the "reasoning"!

DD and I didn't get a chance to explore the grounds any further. We'd checked out of AKV's and stopped for breakfast at the Kona. We lingered to long over our meal and needed to "hit the road" for home. I just HAD to have a brief "Poly fix"!
Thanks for the photo, we were there last year but I do not remember that one
Old 07-24-2012, 10:55 AM   #1832
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
Unless they have moved it, Samoa has a covered area on the second floor stairway area with tables and a smoke can. There is also an area by the quiet pool on the side of the men's restroom. A little farther, but not too far, is a spot on the second floor deck area between Rarotonga and Niue. On that deck is a table, chairs and smoke can. There are (or were) many others throughout the property, both covered and uncovered.
The second floor Samoa is where I want to request. Does anyone know for sure if the DSA is still there on the stairway ? Is there an elevator by this stairway ? Sorry for so many questions but I just want to make sure before I add my room request. Thanks
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2012, 02:13 AM   #1833
Debbyt28
Mouseketeer

Would really like some help with room request. Ok I"ve studied the maps I have booked a preferred *room there is a note on my booking I would like the 50 building I am one of those awful people who need a nicotine fix and am travelling solo so have identified any rooms between 1101-1111 or 3161-3172 any thoughts on these choices*
Thanks in advance

Hi I posted this in POP thread I am travelling from UK and no doubt will be getting up at silly o'clock the first few mornings ( yeh thanks jet lag) wanted to be able to POP to DSA in this location so that's why I wanted ground floor any advice will be appreciated . Also is the demand high for this sort of request
Old 07-28-2012, 05:21 PM   #1834
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

Hi. I recently read somewhere that the smoking area right outside the main building at Pop Century has been taken out. Can somebody confirm that for me? When we go to WDW in Sept we'll be staying in the 60's area and we've always used that one. If that one is indeed gone can anyone tell me the next closest smoking area? Thank you!!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

DisneyFaeriePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #1835
stitch34
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFaeriePrincess View Post
Hi. I recently read somewhere that the smoking area right outside the main building at Pop Century has been taken out. Can somebody confirm that for me? When we go to WDW in Sept we'll be staying in the 60's area and we've always used that one. If that one is indeed gone can anyone tell me the next closest smoking area? Thank you!!
as of the end of june/early july...... no smoking outside the main building at 60's, nor at the tables by the bar.
closest one is across from Goofy's Splash Jets as you head towards 70's.
hopefully they'll put it back in 60's by the time you go! doubtful, but here's hoping!
Old 08-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #1836
DisneyFaeriePrincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch34 View Post
as of the end of june/early july...... no smoking outside the main building at 60's, nor at the tables by the bar.
hopefully they'll put it back in 60's by the time you go! doubtful, but here's hoping!
Oh boo. Thank you for confirming. I guess it'll just be a little bit more of a walk. Oh well. I'm not thinking it'll be back before then either. At least we're still at Disney!!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

Old 08-04-2012, 06:35 AM   #1837
TinkerbellsMom0923
DisneyFreak

Quote:
Wow we were at Pop the first week of June and could smoke by ping pong table and hair braiding shack by main pool. Did they really move it to way over by Goofy jets? That stinks...

We are going in September and are both smokers so will have to request room near smoking area.

Last edited by TinkerbellsMom0923; 08-04-2012 at 06:36 AM. Reason: dumb spelling errors...
TinkerbellsMom0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #1838
TinkerbellsMom0923
DisneyFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFaeriePrincess View Post
Oh boo. Thank you for confirming. I guess it'll just be a little bit more of a walk. Oh well. I'm not thinking it'll be back before then either. At least we're still at Disney!!
Hey Farrie, we'll be there the same time, see you at whatever smoking area there is!
Old 08-04-2012, 06:45 AM   #1839
TinkerbellsMom0923
DisneyFreak

Quote:
Just returned from Pop - ahhhhh!!! Missing DSAs!!! Was pretty upset about it, I must say. Paid MORE for a preferred pool view room in 60's.... because I LOVE how there is smoking at the tables at the bar.
used to be also at the exit of the main building... but I noticed in November they moved that to near the ping pong table.

Well... they are all gone now! No smoking near the bar, none near the ping pong table.

Now there is 2 benches across from Goofy's splash jets... yep.
and was always pretty CROWDED and no room there.

We love being right by the pool at 60's.... have the bar at night, kids play ping pong and can sit and have a smoke.
Even before heading out to the bus in the a.m.... nice to have a spot on the way to smoke... but nope, gotta go all the way to Goofy's now.

There was a sign posted... sorry for the inconvenience. Well, I did find it inconvenient... especially since I paid MORE for a room in that area because of the DSA's, only to then discover they were gone.

I did go up front and voiced my concerns nicely... I know people always complain about the DSAs (nonsmokers), so said I will be the voice of the smokers who are sitting on those two benches with many standing around all crowded and complaining about the lack of DSAs now. doubtful they'll do anything, but wanted to nicely let them know yes, it is an inconvenience and really needs to be something by the back of the building at least.

We checked in on June 26th.... was told this was new, only a few days ago this change occured. Heard one story people complained about people leaving their butts everywhere in the bar area?

And gotta say, at night we always have had a tough time finding a table near the bar.... not this trip, could see tables empty - as duh, no smokers to sit there! Wonder if it's affecting the bar sales w/o the smokers there?

as for AOA... didn't notice smoking at that bar area also from a quick glance... but at least they have one along the back of the main building which seemed nice.

Just really stunk... grabbing my drink from bar... walking back to stupid Goofy's area....sloshing my drink in my cup while I walk... and no table to put drnik on. Like to sit, smoke, drink, check my facebook, lol, and emails.
I too will complain when we visit in Sept. We were there for a week the beginning of June and there was still smoking at the tables by bar and ping pong tables. They keep moving them further out and it's not right. I liked to read by the bar in the early AM and the table is nice. It wasn't dirty in either of those areas. We smokers have rights too!
Old 08-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #1840
Debbyt28
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellsMom0923

Hey Farrie, we'll be there the same time, see you at whatever smoking area there is!
I'm there first two weeks of Sept. Always meet nice people at the smoking area
Old 08-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #1841
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

We've met the nicest people in the smoking areas of the resorts.....as we gather with our morning coffee and discuss the days activities.....

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayºoº
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #1842
DonnaBoo
DIS Veteran

You can count us in too! we'll be there from Aug 25 to Sept 17th. So, we'll be at the goofy area a lot. Last year DH and I sat on the benches around the lake. It was really nice in the evening and after the sun went down.

Disney Trip#1 2006 Disney Wedding Disneymoon Dec2008 Halloween1 Sept2009 Halloween2 Sept2011 Halloween3/Universal Studios Sept2012
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. what a ride!
DonnaBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #1843
bdoyledimou
Pop Road Warrior -Travelling they way they did in the 60's

Any official word on AoA yet? I know there are spots around Hourglass lake -- but they are so isolated -- and as stated earlier its so nice conversing with the other smokers -- DW and I met another couple at ASSpor last Sept and DW still keeps in touch with them!

The best thing about smokers is their friendly nature
14th Trip with our Foster Kids!
bdoyledimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #1844
DisneyFaeriePrincess

See you guys in September! We'll have a lot of ticked off smokers over by the Goofy jets! It really was nice to be able to have a smoke before going to the buses. I don't mind the bar area so much but I loved the area behind the main building, so convienient!!
Me DH Rajah

Old 08-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #1845
DonnaBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoyledimou View Post

The best thing about smokers is their friendly nature

Disney Trip#1 2006 Disney Wedding Disneymoon Dec2008 Halloween1 Sept2009 Halloween2 Sept2011 Halloween3/Universal Studios Sept2012
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. what a ride!
DonnaBoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: