Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Can you join us on 8/24 in NYC for this meet?
I'll be there with bells on! 4 25.00%
Maybe... 12 75.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2012, 09:24 AM   #91
HootDad
Makes magical trips each year
I am now hooked. I want to do as many races as I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAPirate View Post
Probably a good idea, mjaclyn. The kids would be bored with our conversation, anyway

I would still like to do a Silent Auction and/or 50/50 Raffle for sure (50% to the winner, 50% to GKTW). I was thinking about it all the way home from work today. I haven't ever asked businesses for donations before, but maybe someone who's done a meet before can give us advice on what to do. I believe anyone asking local businesses for donations will need the GKTW Tax ID# for their write-offs.

If anyone would like to donate an item for the auction, please let me know. I will have them set up a table for us (or something suitable).
Agreed so you can assume I will only be one. Looking forward to it!
Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/hootdad
I was on the podcast! Part 1: http://www.disunplugged.com/2013/07/...sneyland-show/
Part 2: http://www.disunplugged.com/2013/08/...sneyland-show/
Part 3: http://www.disunplugged.com/2013/08/...sneyland-show/

v9ve.png[/img][/url]
HootDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #92
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shippedtosea View Post
Hey I'm so happy someone is doing a NYC dis meet!! You can count me plus one as a maybe and I'll let you know in a couple days.

I know you are having a veal and salmon debate....but I'm a vegetarian and i was wondering if they could do anything I can eat? Please let me know. Also I'm fine with either dessert.

Thanks! This should be fun!
Hi there! Really hope you'll be able to come - the more the merrier!

As for the food, this is the menu:
INSALATA MISTA
Mixed green salad with red onion, radicchio and julienne carrots
in our honey-herb vinaigrette

ANTIPASTO TRECOLORI
An assortment of Italian cured meats
served with fresh mozzarella, tomato and basil
marinated olives and roasted red peppers

FRITTO MISTO
Our fried medley of calamari, mozzarella en carozza (parmesan-crusted mozzarella), zucchini, and cherry peppers served with marinara sauce

FARFALLE alla PRIMAVERA
Bow-tie pasta with fresh garden vegetables and mushrooms sautéed with roasted garlic and extra virgin olive oil

TORTELLINE alla PANNA MONTATA
Homemade cheese-filled pasta prepared in a parmesan cream sauce with green peas and proscuitto cotto

POLLO SCARPARIELLO
Breast of chicken sautéed with sweet Italian sausage in a delectable rosemary, garlic and wine reduction

Would any of that work for you? I can see if they can do something simple in addition to this list, if not. Please let me know

(Oh, for the record, I was already planning to ask them to keep the calamari separate from the rest of the fried things in the Frito Misto, so I can also ask them to keep the cured meats separate from the cheeses in the Antipasto).
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #93
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynGirl View Post
Hi all - I usually just lurk around here but I am excited to be able to attend a Dis Meet! I'm a Yes and my DBF is a Maybe.

Can't wait to meet you all!!
Fantastic, looking forward to it! Let me know whether your DBF will attend as soon as you can. Thanks!
Old 08-03-2012, 09:54 AM   #94
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Just FYI, I have two or three people who would like to donate (thanks to a plea I posted on my Facebook page!). I will let you know what happens with that and what they are donating as soon as I can
Old 08-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #95
Ginamarie
DIS Veteran

Fantastic!
1980, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997, 2003 (Ft Wilderness); Honeymoon 2002 (POFQ/Disney Magic), Sept 2003 (Disneyland!), Nov 2004 (CBR/Disney Magic), Dec. 2004 (Poly/CS), Aug 2005 (Disneyland), Oct/Nov 2005 (Pop), Olivia's 1st trip Dec 2006 (POFQ); Mom and Baby Trip, Oct 2007 (Pop); Pop/Disney Magic WB PC 5-10-08; Sal's First Trip Apr/May 2009 (POFQ); Big Family Trip Jan 2010 (POFQ); WL/Disney Magic EB TA Repo-4-10-10; Wine and Dine Half Marathon Oct 2010 (POR); Disney Wonder Alaska 6-21-11;Baby Owen's First Trip Aug 2011 (Ft Wilderness/BCV); ASSP May 2012; POFQ/YC Free Dining for our 10th Anniversary Sept 2012; Sisters Weekend Feb. 2013; Family Trip- Kidani Village/Freedom of the Seas Aug 2013; Surprised the kids- Pop Century July 2014; Disney Magic WB TA, Sept 2014 Coming soon: DSis's Disney Wedding Sept 2015- Old Key West

Ginamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #96
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAPirate

Hi there! Really hope you'll be able to come - the more the merrier!

As for the food, this is the menu:
INSALATA MISTA
Mixed green salad with red onion, radicchio and julienne carrots
in our honey-herb vinaigrette

ANTIPASTO TRECOLORI
An assortment of Italian cured meats
served with fresh mozzarella, tomato and basil
marinated olives and roasted red peppers

FRITTO MISTO
Our fried medley of calamari, mozzarella en carozza (parmesan-crusted mozzarella), zucchini, and cherry peppers served with marinara sauce

FARFALLE alla PRIMAVERA
Bow-tie pasta with fresh garden vegetables and mushrooms sautéed with roasted garlic and extra virgin olive oil

TORTELLINE alla PANNA MONTATA
Homemade cheese-filled pasta prepared in a parmesan cream sauce with green peas and proscuitto cotto

POLLO SCARPARIELLO
Breast of chicken sautéed with sweet Italian sausage in a delectable rosemary, garlic and wine reduction

Would any of that work for you? I can see if they can do something simple in addition to this list, if not. Please let me know

(Oh, for the record, I was already planning to ask them to keep the calamari separate from the rest of the fried things in the Frito Misto, so I can also ask them to keep the cured meats separate from the cheeses in the Antipasto).
Thanks so much for getting back to me. I'm pretty sure I'm a yes I'm just waiting for DH to answer me.

If you could please ask them to keep the meats and calamari separate that would great. Also maybe can they make a little of the tortellini without meat? This Way its Nothing extra. Thanks!

June 2004- WDW Offsite, May 2006-Disneyland Paris
December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
June 2011-WDW One Year Anniversary! Boardwalk Villas TR
June 2012-Disney Magic to Canada 2 year anniversary! TR
shippedtosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #97
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks so much for getting back to me. I'm pretty sure I'm a yes I'm just waiting for DH to answer me.

If you could please ask them to keep the meats and calamari separate that would great. Also maybe can they make a little of the tortellini without meat? This Way its Nothing extra. Thanks!
Way ahead of ya Actually, when I spoke to the event planner this morning and asked if they could do something vegetarian, she suggested that they keep the meat out of the tortellini, so it will just be the cream sauce and peas. Sounds better to me, anyway, and I'm a meat-eater. She said she will speak to the chef about separating the platters, too.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:20 PM   #98
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAPirate View Post
Way ahead of ya Actually, when I spoke to the event planner this morning and asked if they could do something vegetarian, she suggested that they keep the meat out of the tortellini, so it will just be the cream sauce and peas. Sounds better to me, anyway, and I'm a meat-eater. She said she will speak to the chef about separating the platters, too.
Oh thanks so much! that's great!

June 2004- WDW Offsite, May 2006-Disneyland Paris
December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
June 2011-WDW One Year Anniversary! Boardwalk Villas TR
June 2012-Disney Magic to Canada 2 year anniversary! TR
shippedtosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #99
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh thanks so much! that's great!
No problem at all!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Looking forward to meeting you all in a few weeks
Old 08-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #100
tardis1029
First trip in'73 and still going strong!

This sound great. I hope its not too late to join.Please add myself and Micki (MMNYC) to the list. Many thanks.

John

tardis1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #101
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tardis1029 View Post
This sound great. I hope its not too late to join.Please add myself and Micki (MMNYC) to the list. Many thanks.

John
Not too late at all, I will add you to the YES list! Glad you can join
Old 08-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #102
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Happy Sunday, all!

Just wanted to let you all know that we still have room for more guests. In fact, at this point, we are a few people short of our 25 minimum (when I count the definites only, not including any maybes).

The banquet room that we will be in can seat about 45 people comfortably, so please don't be shy if you want to come! And if you have replied maybe, please let me know one way or another as soon as you can. Here is the list again. If you are listed as a Maybe but are actually a Yes, let me know.

The Confirmed Attendees :

Myself (ShesAPirate) +3 other adults (possibly 1 or 2 more)
Ginamarie +1
Monkistan
Wimpy
DisneyFaninPA
Roomthreeseventeen +1 (possibly 2 more)
HootDad
Mjaclyn +1
dgthree
BklynGirl
tardis1029
MMNYC
shippedtosea
JWren1234
msbelle
TinkerShy +1
CherylA + 1 (Tony)

Kevin and John!
Pete

The Maybes:

kcb1dizbksfan
DarthVadar92
SaraMc
TSWJan78
twob4him
NJChris
DrMomof3
hbg4

Last edited by ShesAPirate; 08-10-2012 at 09:04 PM.
ShesAPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #103
mjaclyn
Currently in Wonderland

I hope Pete and Walter can come too! We're looking forward to meeting everyone. Does anyone know if the restaurant has a dress code? I was thinking of wearing something cocktail-ish and DH probably a collared shirt and khakis.

Of course we could always make it themed and dress like pirates! (jk)
Old 08-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #104
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaclyn View Post
I hope Pete and Walter can come too! We're looking forward to meeting everyone. Does anyone know if the restaurant has a dress code? I was thinking of wearing something cocktail-ish and DH probably a collared shirt and khakis.

Of course we could always make it themed and dress like pirates! (jk)
I hope Pete and Walter come, too! Would absolutely love to meet them.

I don't think there's a dress code. It looks like a pretty casual place. I will probably wear a skirt, but a summery one -- nothing too fancy.

As for dressing like pirates -- well, I'd wear an eye patch, but that's about it
Old 08-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #105
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone

This weekend, we had the most amaaaaaaazing ricotta cheesecake at our favorite Italian restaurant. I'd never had ricotta cheesecake before, believe it or not, and after this experience, I think I'm changing my vote from tiramisu to ricotta cheesecake. I will obviously go with the majority, of course

Just a couple of reminders -- we have more space, and we need a few more people to meet the minimum. Feel free to do some recruiting! We are also looking for more donations for the raffle benefiting Give Kids the World (see thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2969104). Anything anyone could contribute would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by ShesAPirate; 08-06-2012 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Added link to GKTW thread
ShesAPirate is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: