Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #751
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
They were, literally, holding a microphone greeting everybody who entered the room. Then, when they were ready to check guests in for the various excursions, they were making the announcements on the microphone. John just chose not to hear the announcements I guess.

I've been meaning to ask how the job hunting is going. Any luck yet?

Oh yeah, I was the criminal who brought the iron onboard and yep, three men came to let me know that it had been confiscated.

The See and Sea tour...parts 1 and 2...were great!
Thanks for asking! Nothing yet. I have a tip on something to check out tomorrow and at another place I was told to try back the 2nd week of August so I'm going to go back there on Monday. Here's hoping!
Old 08-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #752
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you enjoyed your excursion. I know how much trouble you had deciding what to do.

Isn't it amazing, the beauty that lives just under the waves! Fish and sea creatures in all sorts of colors, shapes and sizes!.

We did a glass bottom boat tour once- like you found, the views and pictures were distorted. I prefer my fish up close and personal- snorkeling is one of my very favorite pastimes.

It seems like you were pretty fortnate with the weather for that tour.

I hope your luck holds out for the rest of the trip.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #753
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I think I would have enjoyed that expedition. I've never seen anything like that, but seeing underwater is neat!

I do think that is very close quarters down in the boat, my John would have freaked!

Why can't people keep an eye on their kids! It's one thing to let them have a little space, but once they get close to danger, reel them in!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 08-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #754
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Loved your update!

Your excursion looked like so much fun! I think your underwater pictures turned out good.

How scary about the parent letting their kid climb all over!! I would have been freaking out just watching especially being in water so deep!!

Old 08-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #755
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Loved your update!

Your excursion looked like so much fun! I think your underwater pictures turned out good.

How scary about the parent letting their kid climb all over!! I would have been freaking out just watching especially being in water so deep!!
We really enjoyed parts one and two of the excursion. Still have to post about part three though.

I was on pins and needles watching the kid climb all over everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I think I would have enjoyed that expedition. I've never seen anything like that, but seeing underwater is neat!

I do think that is very close quarters down in the boat, my John would have freaked!

Why can't people keep an eye on their kids! It's one thing to let them have a little space, but once they get close to danger, reel them in!
There was a glass bottom boat excursion that was also an option but I'm glad that we chose this one. We could see all around us.

It really wasn't that crowded once we got settled in. I was surprised because I thought "how are all these people going to fit?".

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #756
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I'm so glad you enjoyed your excursion. I know how much trouble you had deciding what to do.

Isn't it amazing, the beauty that lives just under the waves! Fish and sea creatures in all sorts of colors, shapes and sizes!.

We did a glass bottom boat tour once- like you found, the views and pictures were distorted. I prefer my fish up close and personal- snorkeling is one of my very favorite pastimes.

It seems like you were pretty fortnate with the weather for that tour.

I hope your luck holds out for the rest of the trip.
I thought about you several times during the excursion (and while on Castaway Cay). I remembered how you like to snorkel and the pictures that you took of the fish. I so wish I could snorkel better than I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Thanks for asking! Nothing yet. I have a tip on something to check out tomorrow and at another place I was told to try back the 2nd week of August so I'm going to go back there on Monday. Here's hoping!
I've been meaning to send you a message and ask but then I'd forget to.

I hope that something comes up very very soon!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 08-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #757
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Great updates, those skies did look ominous, glad that the rains seem to have held off for you, at least for parts 1 and 2.

I have been on something similar to that glass bottom boat/semi submarine, it was an actual submarine that went under, I actually think it was called The Atlantis, in Grand Cayman, (very similar to the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, although the seating on yours is like that too.

I remember the pictures not turning out real great then, too, I guess it's something to do with the water, it gets kind of murky under there with the boat turning up sand sometimes, too.
Oh cool! I bet the submarine tour was very interesting. I really enjoyed the semi-submarine so I'm betting I'd like the real submarine tour too.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #758
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

The boat looked like a lot of fun! I think that I might have felt a little trapped down there though.

Can't wait to hear about the bus portion. We really enjoyed touring Nassau when we were there, but it can be a little sketchy. You know what strikes me about the excursions on the DCL is that they aren't very "Disney". Hope you enjoyed the rest of the afternoon!
Old 08-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #759
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

So it seems as if the semi-sub ride was a success! One question---when you folded down your seat and sat down, it looks like your knees were almost touching the persons across from you. Was that the case? Looks pretty tight down there, but still fun!

That boat captain chill-axing is too funny! I want his job!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 08-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #760
johnsonmatt3
Let us not lose sight of one thing, It was all started by a mouse. - Walt Disney

Forgot to mention that you are not the only one intrigued by the map. When we were on the Carnival Valor, I always had that channel on in the cabin but they also had one out in the ship. Always knew where we were with that thing. I also liked to just see how fast we were going and what the weather was like.
Welcome aboard the Walt Disney World monorail system.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3074209
Old 08-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #761
MEK
DIS Veteran

Sounds like there is a lot of tipping going on here and you don't even get credit for the tipping you already did. hmmmmph!

That is a cool excursion, but I am not sure if I would like being those tight spaces. I'd have to be the last one in and the first one out. That's what I did when I went on a cave tour and it definitely eased the pain.

Thanks for such a great description of the excursion so far.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 08-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #762
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

Great updates! I love all of the photos & the "iron story" was hilarious!
Old 08-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #763
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Still catching up.... I just wanted to let you know, those people at breakfast were not being rude or cutting. That is how it works there. There are different pods and you are just supposed to go to any pod you want without waiting in line. It's supposed to make it go faster, and usually cast members tell you so, but not always. And lots of people are confused by it. I only knew because I read every TR I could before I had sailed...and it was still very new then.
Do they no longer seat you at Cabanas? When I saild they would seat you first, then you wnet up for food. I had heard this confused a lot of people too and I wonder if they just did away with it?
Nassau looks beautiful. I loved looking at the rich peoples houses too. I Thin kI heard that suite was Donald Trumps suite at one time many years ago...and the price was really high too.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #764
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

The excursion looks fun, but maybe a little too close quarters for me. So you have to straddle the seat to look out too? Is there plenty of room between seats to do that? I have a little extra leg compared to others.

I am looking at possible excursions right now. I can make them on Monday. I'm still undecided.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #765
francis6306
DIS Veteran

That viewing area looks so tiny!! I would love to see the fishies, but I don't know about that viewing area!!!

We are big breakfast eaters around here! I promised myself that I would book more dinners/lunches, but I ended up with mostly breakfasts again…

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: