Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #11
collectoraholic
Is it time to sail yet?

I just ran it on the June 2nd 8-Nt. Magic cruise. We met in Diversions betw/ 8:30 AM & 8:45 AM to sign-up & get our bib. We had the option to walk with the group out to the start/finish location or to meet there @ 9:15 AM. My family & I just walked out with the group. Once there, we were shown the map of the route and then we were off. @ The finish, everyone was given a Mickey Winner medal. As for shirts, you can go to She Sells Sea Shells 2 that is right next to the start/finish and purchase a Castaway Cay 5K t-shirt. Since you don't actually pay to race, a shirt is not included. My husband purchased mine while I ran. That day, they only had adult Mediums, XL and 2XL, I believe. Do not know about kids sizes b/c I only needed one for me. & Just an FYI, the Navigator says it is for children 12 & up. Then that evening, I received a Magical Moments certificate for completion of the 5K.

Do note that it is a very different climate than from most of the US. Luckily I live in TX, so I am used to running in high humidity and heat. The day I ran, it was overcast while the run was going on, so it was nice that the sun wasn't bearing down on us. But it was humid as all get out and I know that that was an issue for some people b/c they were not used to the humidity.

& Yes, no times were given from the CM that was overseeing our 'race'. I started the stopwatch on my phone and then stopped it as I crossed the finish line. My husband timed me too, but was trying to take pictures of me as I finished, so his time wasn't quite as accurate as mine.

My only real complaint was the water cups they were handing out were plastic & we had to run w/ them until we came upon a trash can. The trash cans weren't easily accessible either, so that definitely slowed me down. For one of them, I had to walk up into the sand to be able to throw my cup away.

All in all, it was fun & I think I'll be doing it again in Dec. on our NYE cruise. My husband was to run w/ me, but he was injured, so he just cheered me on along w/ my girls. It was my first time to ever run any kind of race, be it official or not.

HTHs!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: