Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2012, 02:43 AM   #31
bonedoc
Fairy Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
Hey! We will be there the 17-19!!
Just curious.

How many times have you gone? You seem to be the resident Club 33 expert. If you are not a member, are there DIS members that are known Club 33 members?
bonedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:50 AM   #32
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjk777 View Post
Does anybody know if there are charity auctions that Disneyland sponsors and allows the auctioning of a Club 33 visit. I think I remember seeing a while back a sports team near Disneyland doing so.
Not that Disney sponsors.

It used to be not extremely uncommon to be able to stumble upon a Club 33 visit as part of a silent auction item at a charity event, donate by a Club 33 member (NOT Disney) who has a connection with said charity. (Ex: You are bidding on yourself and five guests joining Mr/Mrs So and So for lunch at Club 33 inside Disneyland, along with Park admission.)

My understanding is that this is no longer allowed to be done by members (but that understanding is through rumors and third-party info, not personal knowledge in any way).

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2012, 07:13 AM   #33
M4travels
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey! We will be there the 17-19!!
Maybe we'll see you up there again! Dinner on the 18th before we head back home on the 19th!

And, Jack, we'll miss seeing you by a few days!! Enjoy your time at the parks and Club 33!

Michael

33 is my favorite number!
M4travels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #34
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
That's how my first trip was also. I made sure I never asked, but I did let people know I wanted to go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedoc View Post
Just curious.

How many times have you gone? You seem to be the resident Club 33 expert. If you are not a member, are there DIS members that are known Club 33 members?
Most Club 33 members don't advertise on the Dis that they are members. If they did they would be flooded with reservation requests. Some of us have been lucky enough to meet wonderful people who are willing to make a reservation on our behalf, some have been lucky enough to get a random gift of a reservation. The more you go the more you know about the rules and such so it gets easier to answer questions regarding the club.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #35
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedoc View Post
Just curious.

I have probably gone upwards of 20-30 times, including a few events. I was very fortunate to have a member become a friend of mine. He and his wife are very dear friends of mine. But because of their friendship, and being at the club so often, I am often treated like a member. Seeing the Club 33 staff in the park is fun, as I always get a hug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
Most Club 33 members don't advertise on the Dis that they are members. If they did they would be flooded with reservation requests. Some of us have been lucky enough to meet wonderful people who are willing to make a reservation on our behalf, some have been lucky enough to get a random gift of a reservation. The more you go the more you know about the rules and such so it gets easier to answer questions regarding the club.
You are so right. Imagine if you were a member, the number of times you would get asked for reservations. If I were a member, I would not advertise it....
Malcon10t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #36
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4travels View Post
Maybe we'll see you up there again! Dinner on the 18th before we head back home on the 19th!

And, Jack, we'll miss seeing you by a few days!! Enjoy your time at the parks and Club 33!

Michael
Michael, that is a big bummer...I always cherish my time and experiences in Club 33 and I am looking forward to the changes in the parks.

Enjoy your time at the club.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:42 PM   #37
bonedoc
Fairy Godfather

Thanks Malcolm10t. I guess I should have known the answer without asking.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:59 AM   #38
KateDrake
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all this great info guys! I've been absolutely fascinated reading this thread. C33 is something I've avoided adding to my bucket list, simply because I don't think I ever have any hope of crossing it off.

In that vein, just had to share a funny story. My DMIL (who I truly love) is celebrating her 60th B-day during our October trip. She's not a big planner, and is just relying on me to take care of the details so she can show up and have fun. I was planning to book dinner at Carthay Circle for her B-day, which she is fine with, but when I saw her the other day she said someone had told her about this awesome restaurant - Club 33 - and how she should really try it if she was going. So she wondered if we could have her B-day there! It was quite funny to try and explain to her. I think it really is one of those things where no one but the biggest Disney fans has any idea it exists!
KateDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:33 AM   #39
bonedoc
Fairy Godfather

Good luck KateDrake, you never know.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #40
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateDrake View Post
C33 is something I've avoided adding to my bucket list, simply because I don't think I ever have any hope of crossing it off.
I know it is going to be the hardest thing for me to check off mine, but I am still going to hope for the best!

And I know the hardest thing for my DBF to get off of his list will be getting me on the back of a motorcyclie!! Maybe I should tell him when I dine at Club 33, I will get on the motorcycle.

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #41
skellinton
Mouseketeer

What Disney fan DOESN'T dream of going to Club 33? I know I will never get there, but if I did I am sure I wouldn't be able to eat anything due to nerves and the fact that I would be crying the whole time!!!
skellinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:38 PM   #42
blackjackdelta

I see so many people over time post here about Club 33 and why they want to go and my impression is that many want to go and say they went or want to go for s pecial occasion but I do not get the sense they are Disney people.

You have the guru's Like HydroGuy, SkiingFast, Sherry E, and kylie 71(who can top that here at least one trip every year since 1977) just to name a few, they invest in Disneyland, not just the park but in Walts ideals, his caring for Family Fun, and his love for mankind.

I spent many hours with Walt and Lillian mainly in the Burbank studios as he used to tow me from room to room building to building try to explain to a very shy 9 year old and older thru the years. My uncle was a producer for Walt which allowed me the priledge.

I have been considered to be a very tough individual over the years, but,in two weeks, I will be having lunch again at Club 33 having been invited by two caring individuals, who push forward Walts spirit for the love of the family.I will be standing there looking at Walts picture looking out the window with tears running down my face as I walk around a look for my friends shadow joining us for lunch. I would give up a 100 visits(if it were possible to have that many) to those people who take the time everyday to help others find their way through Walts home, mine and many others.

I am sure I have left out many names, not on purpose, just getting old and things sometimes just do not pop into my head, I sincerely hope not to upset anyone...and if I could wave a magic wand and give my virtual friends the chance I would do it in a minute.

And thank you to all the members who have made many special moments come true.....A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes...never give up on your dreams no matter how tough daily life becomes...you never know what is around the next corner..like when I got the email for an invite and please thank those "Walts Angels" for inviting you..you will never forget the experience.

Jack

PS Please forgive the spelling,grammer, etc..iphone is not the easiest to use for this..I know it is a bit sappy but that is what I am at times.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:46 AM   #43
Stitch35
Mouseketeer

Jack that is such an amazing story! You brought tears to my eyes! Thank you for sharing!
Stitch35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:12 AM   #44
blackjackdelta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch35 View Post
Jack that is such an amazing story! You brought tears to my eyes! Thank you for sharing!
Its how I feel about Walt, Disneyland, Club 33 and his embassaries(sp) who do make dreams come true. I do wish everyone who truely loves Disney could have the opportunity to dine there, see the art work, the Trophy Room and partake of some amazing food with their family and friends.
Dreams to come true, I wish I could just convince my friend.

Thank you and have a nice evening.

Jack

Last edited by blackjackdelta; 08-03-2012 at 01:24 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:21 AM   #45
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post
I see so many people over time post here about Club 33 and why they want to go and my impression is that many want to go and say they went or want to go for s pecial occasion but I do not get the sense they are Disney people.

[/I]
Or you have the people like myself, who are not on this forum everyday (or even close to that), who go to work each day, trying to bring magic into each child (and child & heart). I love what I do. I may be young, and missed out on Walt's time, but that doesn't make me any less of a Disney guru, or the sense that I am not "Disney people". I commute each day, past the nearest Disney Store, to a Store that I feel brings more magic. Because that is where I want to be. I am not just there to work (bc believe me, the pay isn't great, and gas isn't cheap), I am there bc I love what I do, I believe in the Disney brand, and I was trained to be a Disney Ambassador.

Now, if you will all please excuse me, I need to get to sleep. I open our store tomorrow, and I need to pick out our Apprentice for the Day to help Wake up the Magic in our Store.

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: