Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2012, 09:23 AM   #46
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Good Morning Jeanette!

We tried CHH in March and I can definately recommend it! We like Yorkshire County Fish Shop in UK /Epcot

Boardwalk Pizza is good and sitting at a table on the Boardwalk is priceless, we enjoyed it so much we did it twice in March

Bob still wants the BW, I brought up GF but he said no and we passed on the BLV @ CR even though he did eventually say "do what you want" well geez how could I change then without feeling selfish
Don't tell but I still keep checking for availability @ CR & BLT TPV
I'll never ever tell Sheila

the fish in the UK fish shop is battered??? Brian would love that!!! And pizza and funnel cakes from BW sounds like a great nighttime snack/meal

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 07-31-2012, 09:35 AM   #47
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Joining in! A honeymoon suite at WL sounds divine! WL is a beautiful resort!

"My sis from the DIS"---I love it-and am stealing it!

After ten trips, we had never eaten at CHH until this past trip. We loved it-it will be on our to do list again. Also tried the Cantina counter service in Mexico in Epcot. It was yummy too!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2012, 09:53 AM   #48
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Hi jeanette! I am here Loving reading about your upcoming trip. Have I told you how proud I am of you sticking with the WL Honeymoon suite?!!
Old 07-31-2012, 10:26 AM   #49
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Joining in! A honeymoon suite at WL sounds divine! WL is a beautiful resort!

"My sis from the DIS"---I love it-and am stealing it!

After ten trips, we had never eaten at CHH until this past trip. We loved it-it will be on our to do list again. Also tried the Cantina counter service in Mexico in Epcot. It was yummy too!
You can totally steal my phrase!!!! Thanks for the CS input, this will move CHH into a must do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Hi jeanette! I am here Loving reading about your upcoming trip. Have I told you how proud I am of you sticking with the WL Honeymoon suite?!!
Thanks Sarah! Sometimes I even shock myself

Old 07-31-2012, 11:47 AM   #50
pas130
DIS Veteran

OK so I made a ADR

So after all the CS talk, I made an ADR

WCC on checkout day for lunch

My tentative plan for check out day is a resort day....so WCC is fitting.

Thoughts????

Of course this is subject to change

My DH loves BBQ and meat, and FUN restaurants. We can sleep in, tour FW a bit, eat, tour the grounds or just veg in the CL lounge

I think I have I figured out..for now

BTW I knowI left out Saturday's plans.....still have to figure it out, but I think Epcot wth a little DHS and a focus on WS

Old 07-31-2012, 11:54 AM   #51
potc
yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me

We are eating there on our trip, too! We love BBQ and it sounds like a lot of fun! I've actually never been, so very excited to try something new. I'll have to check back with you and see if you liked it Well, if you don't change the ADR to something else

Please check out my first ever PTR!

Old 07-31-2012, 11:54 AM   #52
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

Thoughts????

My DH loves BBQ and meat, and FUN restaurants. We can sleep in, tour FW a bit, eat, tour the grounds or just veg in the CL lounge

BTW I knowI left out Saturday's plans.....still have to figure it out, but I think Epcot wth a little DHS and a focus on WS
We love the skillet @ WCC I had an ADR for there this trip but cancelled after deciding it might be a bit much on our MVMCP night with having to bus to MK then boat to WL.

It can get noisy is the only negative I find at WCC

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-31-2012, 12:09 PM   #53
mommys3
Disney Or Bust

I love WCC! Although the antics aren't hyped up during lunch, the skillet is cheaper than the dinner one I would have made an ADR for dinner this August, but my TS restaurant quota is filled

All-Star Music/Movies~8/03**Coronado Springs~10/04**Animal Kingdom Lodge~1/05**Pop Century~3/06**All-Star Sports~10/06**Pop Century~3/07**Wyndham Bonnet Creek~12/08*All-Star Movies/Polynesian~8/12**Port Orleans French Quarter~5/13**Pop Century/Polynesian~7/13**NEXT: Port Orleans Riverside/Grand Floridian~8/14
Old 07-31-2012, 12:15 PM   #54
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thoughts????

Hi Jeanette!

Great choice having WCC on your last day ... we have yet to eat there but not because we haven't tried.... we love BBQ too (and since you aren't planning on visiting AK, you can't eat at one of my favs CS, Flame Tree ), DH can get his BBQ fix at WCC.

For Epcot ... maybe pizza at Via Napoli's (if you don't have the BW pizza). We like CS at the French bakery or England .... and of course Sunshine Seasons.

For MK we like Cosmic Rays (we tried Pecos Bill and we all liked it too).

So many choices, too little time!!! But you both will make the most of it!!

love ya!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 07-31-2012, 02:35 PM   #55
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Great plans so far and yeah for making an ADR. We have never been to WCC, so I will be looking forward to your review.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 07-31-2012, 02:43 PM   #56
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Ooh okay I can throw in my .02 cents!

MK-
CHH-- we've been eating there for ages and honestly it's our favorite CS in all the parks! I loved their new-ish dish the Salmon and Cous Cous. Last trip my kids asked to go twice it was so good the first MK day. They love the fish and the shrimp baskets.

Pecos Bills- We think it's good too, but we can't get away from CHH to go there again!

Epcot--- love Sunshine Seasons!! It is so fresh. Never had anything bad there. I get the roasted chicken and veg's. DH gets the sushi.

Desserts at Patisserie in France-- the Tiramisu is awesome. If you can spare the bazillion kajillion fat grams that come with it, I recommend it.

Kaki Gori in Japan-- really good on a hot summer day- I love the strawberry one!

Of course a funnel cake is always a good choice.

As far as WCC-- we've eaten there twice, but for dinner. Once we had the skillet and it was really good. The other time we had the Trout dish and while it was a lighter meal, it was still really good. It's definitely a fun restaurant-- you will have lots of stories by the time you leave!

Now-- Watching Wishes from the beach with a DIS friend... did this in Sept and it was one of my favorite nights of the trip!

Did I help any??

Kook----- When my DD10 starts on her preteen tirade of stomping up the stairs and slamming doors I think I might not live thru it either!!
Old 07-31-2012, 04:49 PM   #57
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Hi Pas! First - I had no idea you were at WL. In fact, I didn't even know that there were Honeymoon suites! I guess I have been living under a rock!

Second - if you want pizza, definitely hit Via Napoli in Epcot - YUM and best pizza in the "world" (I should know, I am a pizza fanatic!)

Quote:
I am SO excited, and I just can't hide it (uh oh sorry for the Pointer Sisters reference )

I joke with DH he has a new Mommy now, his DGF is significantly older and "Mommys him" Alas, he is an adult, and didn't like my rules.....so he took the alternative

My only wish is that my other kiddos say close to me, close at heart. I love them so Yes, I believe something weird happens when the double digits hit...hang in there, I hear it gets better after the mid 20s

For today.....researching which CS to eat at
I agree with everyone else; you will like each other again in his mid-twenties! My oldest is 13 and I am trying to stay close to her without smothering and driving her away!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 07-31-2012, 08:11 PM   #58
pas130
DIS Veteran

I made a second ADR

Quote:
Originally Posted by potc View Post
We are eating there on our trip, too! We love BBQ and it sounds like a lot of fun! I've actually never been, so very excited to try something new. I'll have to check back with you and see if you liked it Well, if you don't change the ADR to something else
I know, I was thinking maybe to just do Trail's End...but the skillet....YUM.I will check it out when we get there and get DH's input

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
We love the skillet @ WCC I had an ADR for there this trip but cancelled after deciding it might be a bit much on our MVMCP night with having to bus to MK then boat to WL.

It can get noisy is the only negative I find at WCC
Pulled Pork...YUM! I booked lunch so I think we will be OK. And noisy is my life Glad you liked it! And Bob too! (I think our DHs appetites are similar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommys3 View Post
I love WCC! Although the antics aren't hyped up during lunch, the skillet is cheaper than the dinner one I would have made an ADR for dinner this August, but my TS restaurant quota is filled
Thanks Helen, I like that everyone liked it there. Those darn bad reviews....making me question my choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hi Jeanette!

Great choice having WCC on your last day ... we have yet to eat there but not because we haven't tried.... we love BBQ too (and since you aren't planning on visiting AK, you can't eat at one of my favs CS, Flame Tree ), DH can get his BBQ fix at WCC.

For Epcot ... maybe pizza at Via Napoli's (if you don't have the BW pizza). We like CS at the French bakery or England .... and of course Sunshine Seasons.

For MK we like Cosmic Rays (we tried Pecos Bill and we all liked it too).

So many choices, too little time!!! But you both will make the most of it!!

love ya!
Love you And I just booked lunch at Via Napoli's for our Saturday Epcot day

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Great plans so far and yeah for making an ADR. We have never been to WCC, so I will be looking forward to your review.
We did eat there LONG ago. In fact, so long ago I remember NOTHING about WL other than it was super crowded waiting for our table, and there is the Lego/Lincoln log table. Our meal was rushed since it was late and DS who was 2ish maybe was acting up....I only had 2 kiddos back then If I had known how amazing WL was back then, I would've taken him for a walk on the grounds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Ooh okay I can throw in my .02 cents!

MK-
CHH-- we've been eating there for ages and honestly it's our favorite CS in all the parks! I loved their new-ish dish the Salmon and Cous Cous. Last trip my kids asked to go twice it was so good the first MK day. They love the fish and the shrimp baskets.

Pecos Bills- We think it's good too, but we can't get away from CHH to go there again!

Epcot--- love Sunshine Seasons!! It is so fresh. Never had anything bad there. I get the roasted chicken and veg's. DH gets the sushi.

Desserts at Patisserie in France-- the Tiramisu is awesome. If you can spare the bazillion kajillion fat grams that come with it, I recommend it.

Kaki Gori in Japan-- really good on a hot summer day- I love the strawberry one!

Of course a funnel cake is always a good choice.

As far as WCC-- we've eaten there twice, but for dinner. Once we had the skillet and it was really good. The other time we had the Trout dish and while it was a lighter meal, it was still really good. It's definitely a fun restaurant-- you will have lots of stories by the time you leave!

Now-- Watching Wishes from the beach with a DIS friend... did this in Sept and it was one of my favorite nights of the trip!

Did I help any??

Totally helped. And NONE of the food has fat or calories at WDW...It's magic

Instead of drinking around WS I'll add desserts to the mix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Hi Pas! First - I had no idea you were at WL. In fact, I didn't even know that there were Honeymoon suites! I guess I have been living under a rock!

Second - if you want pizza, definitely hit Via Napoli in Epcot - YUM and best pizza in the "world" (I should know, I am a pizza fanatic!)

I agree with everyone else; you will like each other again in his mid-twenties! My oldest is 13 and I am trying to stay close to her without smothering and driving her away!
SO my ADRs for Via Napoli & WCC are a hit! I cancelled O'hana's (which will make a party of 2 happy) saving Friday night for some Dani time. Maybe we can do Pecos Bills & CHH.............................

Yep, WL has Honeymoon Rooms!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'll be in one in 9 days!

Sorry for the rambling, I am at work and all over the place with my thoughts Hope everyone has a great night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-31-2012, 09:54 PM   #59
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I like both of your ADRs. I've heard so many good things about Via Napoli by many people on the boards. And WCC sounds like it will be right up your DH's alley!
Old 07-31-2012, 10:05 PM   #60
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Count me in as a Via Napoli lover! Yummy! But you mustn't forget the Sangria too!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: