Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2012, 08:22 AM   #16
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Yes it is possible. However, what we found worked best for us is we leave the park for a close hotel. Epcot we walk to the beach club, MK monorail to Poly, HS boat to beach club. It's quieter so stroll around until she's asleep then Mommy and Daddy hit the pool bar for an adult beverage while she naps. When she wakes. everyone is refreshed. We let her run around on the beach or a grassy area to stretch her legs and then we are off to dinner!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:13 AM   #17
Salrx95
Mouseketeer

Oh, it can be done. Our then almost 3 year old in Feb,2011 fell asleep every day in the parks in the stroller, most times with a crooked neck or what have you in some awkward position. We tooks pics every day and it was the joke of facebook. We considered planning to go back to the room each day but decided to let him nap whenever and whereever if he fell asleep, since it would be easier.
Salrx95 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2012, 10:00 AM   #18
Cuddlemama
Mouseketeer

You can certainly let your kids nap in the parks. We've never done mid-day breaks, and our 3 kids have been going regularly since the oldest was a baby (they're now 13, 11, almost 8).

We've done naps in the Hall of Presidents, upstairs at Columbia Harbor House, on the Monorail, on the boats, in a quiet hallways all over the parks, and on many other longer rides (I second Ellen for napping, I've got one kid who STILL tries to sleep through it.).

Also, check the "Baby Stations", even if your babies are toddlers/preschoolers. The best place for a nap at AK is definitely the baby center. If the nursing rooms are not all full, they're happy to let you use one for getting kids to sleep. And, in my many trips, there have never been people in ALL of the rooms. Those rooms have light switches, doors that close, and a rocking chair...and room for the stroller. On our last trip, I actually let my youngest sleep there when she got sick on a trip to Animal Kingdom. She had a great nap and woke up feeling better.
Cuddlemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:20 AM   #19
mrjef
Mouseketeer

Our kids have always taken naps in the strollers. Around naptime (usually a little late), we lay the stroller seat back while walking between rides and they fall asleep. Then one parent will go find a shaded area and sit with them while the older kids and the other parent ride things the younger ones can't. They usually only nap for 45 minutes to an hour which is about half the normal nap, but it is good enough to avoid meltdowns. Then the two younger ones (2 yo) will crash in the stroller sometime after fireworks. This works for us, but all kids are different, so do what works best for your family! Enjoy the parks!!!
mrjef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:16 PM   #20
pooh4evr
Mouseketeer
In STL we drink soda and eat barbecue, use realators, eat sherbert, and drive on rout farty far

Ours always stroller napped, yes it can be done, make them comfortable, a cool drink nice shadey spot or walking through the stores did it for our 3.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:53 PM   #21
aliceg
Earning My Ears

Whew! It CAN be done! Thank you!

Now, just because it can, doesn't necessarily mean it will happen, but we'll be flexible. I think our plan will be to attempt stroller naps a little later than usual naptime, and if that doesn't work, call it a day and go back to the hotel.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:03 PM   #22
Samar
DIS Veteran

My kids don't really do stroller naps. RARELY do they conk out for a 30 minute block but then again, we're rarely out in the stroller for them to get used to napping there so maybe if we were, it would've been a non-issue

99- ASMu 00- Off 01- Off 03- Off (mom's house) 05-Off (mom's) 06- Off Dec/Jan 08- High Point World Resort and The Palms Hotel and Villas AKL-Jambo July, 2010 POR August 2012 Disney Dream- 1st cruise! Sept 2013
Samar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #23
darkwing
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceesmom View Post

As for Epcot, you could ride Ellen's Energy Adventure - long and boring. Could put me right to sleep (and air conditioned).
11 trips to Disney.... I have never made it through this ride without falling asleep. The most I've ever seen is 6 minutes of the attraction...
darkwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #24
skitt
Mouseketeer

We've done maybe 5 trips with little kids so far and have never gone back to the hotel for a nap. I can't imagine my kids not falling asleep on the way there, and I can't imagine them willingly taking a nap in the hotel room. They just fall asleep in the stroller and we find a quiet spot to sit and rest with them. We find plenty of quiet spaces at the AK, it's our favorite place to sit with them while they nap because of the quiet shady places and the beautiful scenery to look at! More refreshing than any other park IMO. This schedule works for us because we always leave the parks after dinner because the kids go to bed at 8. I don't like to change their bedtimes to stay late in the parks because they would just be cranky and miserable. In fact, we all go to bed by 8:30/9 while at Disney, as much as my intentions are good about staying up and reading with a book light I always conk out after a few minutes in the dark! I never get as good of sleep as I do during my 11 hour nights at WDW There will be time when they are older to see Fantasmic (::sigh:: ) and all the other fireworks shows we've never seen. If we went back to the room for a break it would wear us out so much we would end up not going back! I find getting to, waiting for, and riding on the buses exhausting! Much easier to plop down on a bench in the parks. My dad even closes his eyes for a while (he takes lots of 5 minute naps at home).

skitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #25
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

On a couple of our trips with our 1st DD, we tried to go back to the resort (and we even listened to DISers saying you need to stay at a rail resort), well exactly what the OP mentioned happened. DD fell asleep in stroller and when we went to put her into the bed, she woke up and would not go back to sleep and was very fussy. We even tried getting back to the resort earlier and that did not work either. After doing that a couple of times we realized we were wasting our time, and neither myself or DW take noon breaks so we just let her sleep in the stroller. We would find a spot usually inside a food place or if it was nice out at an outside bench or table. One of us would sit and relax with a snack and beverage, while the other would either go shopping or hit a ride. On the hot days we always had a fan clipped on the stroller and she was a lot more cooler than us The thing I do not like about the rail idea is all the announcements over the speakers. When we go the sleeping schedule is out, because our DD's like fireworks and seeing MK and EPCOT at night. So the days we stay at the parks late, we will let them sleep in the next morning so they get their full sleep and just go the the park later that day. We have never had a problem getting them back on schedule afterwards, this works well for our DD's but all children are different with changes.

DW DH DD(10) DD(5)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(4), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH

Last edited by buzznina; 08-01-2012 at 04:03 PM.
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:46 PM   #26
tadamom
DIS Veteran

We never went back to the room for naps/breaks either. We would just stroll around some of the quieter areas and we would ride on the monorail, Tomorrowland Transit Authority (people mover), Carousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents, the Mexico ride in Epcot, etc. We have never done the train but I'm sure it would be a great option too.
June 2004 - Michael's 1st trip to Disney World -- Old Key West May 2007 - Parker's 1st trip to Disney World -- Pop Century & 4 nights @ SSR Grand Villa October 2009 - Saratoga Springs Resort with the whole fam! October 2010 - All Star Movies --1st family trip with just the 4 of us!!! Awesome!
September 2012 - All Star Sports w/the whole family! B'day trip for Michael!
[COLOR="Lime"]November 2013 - Coronado Springs! B'day trip for Parker![/COLORMarch 2014 - 1 night at Pop Century for SIL's Disney wedding!

tadamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #27
GoldieLocks5
Mouseketeer

our boys took a nap on the monorail - we just rode it back and forth a few times, nobody made us get off.

they napped in the strollers, too...

a friend has used the people mover for naps for her kids, too.

[/url]
Mom to 1+Twins, all boys
Planning our 3rd Disney trip! 1st was March-April 2012, Suite @ ASMu. 2nd was May 5-11 at Beach Club, and 3rd will be early May, Beach Club again!
GoldieLocks5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #28
holden
DIS Veteran

Our DDs always fell asleep in strollers. Between the heat and the exhaustion, no problem! What amazed me was when DD5 (then about 2) fell asleep during the Festival of the Lion King! Never would have thought that would be a napping attraction!
DD - 7
holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #29
KY*Figment
DIS Veteran

Epcot France movie was a napping spot for us!
DD (9)
Kobe

9/2000 All Star Music, 9/2005 All Star Sports, 9/2006 Pop,
9/2007 Pop, 10/2008 CB, 5/2009 SSR, 10/2009 Vero & OKW, 6/10 AKV, 10/10 VWL, 4/11 BWV, 10/11 BLT, 4/12 HHI, 10/12 BLT, & 10/13 OKW
KY*Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:00 AM   #30
labdogs42
I managed to wrestle a playhouse to the ground and twisted it into submission

My son used to nap in his stroller all the time at Disney. We would just put the stroller shade down, recline the seat, and start walking! After a little while, he'd be out! Then we'd take turns sitting with the stroller and riding the grown up rides! Those were great times! Also, Hall of presidents, Carousel of Progress, Spaceship Earth, and Festival of the Lion King were all nap-inducing for my kid. Any cool, dark show (didn't have to be quiet, as evidenced by Lion King). He'd fall asleep in our arms or on our shoulder and we'd carry him out to the stroller. All depends on your kid. Mine could nap anywhere! Oh yeah, the boat ride from Epcot to DHS is great for putting kids to sleep too. Sit in the back and keep the kid in the stroller. Perfect.

Since we spent the time the kid was napping just relaxing and chilling in the parks, it was like a rest for us, too, but we didn't have to trudge all the way back to the hotel for the rest. It was perfect for us. I kind of miss those days now!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: