Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 08:24 AM   #16
nilla
The sky is falling!

Wow, the HP stuff looks UNBELIEVABLE. I love the books and movies, too, and while I'd feel like a traitor leaving Disney property, I think it's even more securely fastened to the "must do" list after reading your account. The detail is amazing. Great pics, btw.

I've heard another person complain about the line for the ride being not backed up enough for him to really enjoy the theming of the queue I often wonder how different things would be if Disney had the rights to the attractions, or even moreso, had made the films.

I'm confused about how you were able to drop your chocolate frog and get it back without it hopping away. Quick reflexes, I guess?
Old 07-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #17
ThroughLookingGlass
“Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle.” Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilla View Post
Wow, the HP stuff looks UNBELIEVABLE. I love the books and movies, too, and while I'd feel like a traitor leaving Disney property, I think it's even more securely fastened to the "must do" list after reading your account. The detail is amazing. Great pics, btw.

I've heard another person complain about the line for the ride being not backed up enough for him to really enjoy the theming of the queue I often wonder how different things would be if Disney had the rights to the attractions, or even moreso, had made the films.

I'm confused about how you were able to drop your chocolate frog and get it back without it hopping away. Quick reflexes, I guess?
The details were fantastic! Not quite Disney but very good!
My mom always tells me that I have the mind of an imagineer because I have so many details to add to Disney, so I found a LOT of details I'd like to add to Harry Potter! Like the castle, it's built like the new castles in Disney, it's meant to look far away and therefore bigger. I want a full on Cinderella sized Hogwarts! With the option to eat in the Great Hall! And I think the mirrors in the bathrooms should have ghosts in them. Or possibly find a way to have ghosts in the stores? Using a projector overhead? They used this really cool see thru screen effect for Harry, Hermoine, and Ron in the castle. I think they should do the same for Ghosts. And have more moving painting decorations. Or pictures. I also think they could add more interactive things. Like sending mail from the owlery where you have computers all lined up in there, and can pick your owl and e-mail a cool postcard or something to that affect. Maybe have the option to send a howler like Mrs. Weasley sent Ron hahaha!

I wish Disney had made a Harry Potter park as originally planned. I am very disappointed by this 'Avatar' park. I really disliked Avatar, I didn't understand why it was so special They just stole the plot from Pocahontas and made them Aliens. I think the effects were as special as Aslan's in Narnia and Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland. I mean it looked BEAUTIFUL and the emotion to animation type stuff was very cool but the story was lacking and I feel if you make a movie that's supposed to be that big you should have a cooler plot and better dialogue. I'm very into movies so I think I just expect too much.

Haha my chocolate frog was still trapped in the box

Last edited by ThroughLookingGlass; 07-19-2012 at 10:08 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #18
nilla
The sky is falling!

I probably would've passed out when I heard Moaning Myrtle, not out of fear but out of an overwhelming feeling of "omg that is SOOO cool". Had a similar moment at MK this year when the CM "sprinkled pixie dust" on our boat at the beginning of Peter Pan's flight to "get the lap bar to go down". I just love that kind of stuff.

To be honest, I have yet to see Avatar. I'm purposely avoiding it, because I really didn't think it looked that great to begin with and was a bit disgusted by all of the hype. I also don't see building a whole land around it, since it certainly does not have the type of cult following HP has. They'd be better off making Twilight World. Or Killer Klownz From Outer Space World. Darnit, these are all good jokes I could've used in MY Trip Report
Old 07-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #19
brandihead2012
<3er of all things Disney!

Subscribed, sounds like so much fun! Who wouldn't love to be surprised with a trip!!! Love the Harry Potter stuff!

Sparking up the Romance at WDW...March 2013 Trip Report for Lovers
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3009981&page=8

He finally said YES to Disney, a ptr for March 2013
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009981

998 picture, 10 pairs of Shoes 2 Girls.. completed TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post25194679
Old 07-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #20
ThroughLookingGlass
“Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle.” Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Quote:
I probably would've passed out when I heard Moaning Myrtle, not out of fear but out of an overwhelming feeling of "omg that is SOOO cool". Had a similar moment at MK this year when the CM "sprinkled pixie dust" on our boat at the beginning of Peter Pan's flight to "get the lap bar to go down". I just love that kind of stuff.

To be honest, I have yet to see Avatar. I'm purposely avoiding it, because I really didn't think it looked that great to begin with and was a bit disgusted by all of the hype. I also don't see building a whole land around it, since it certainly does not have the type of cult following HP has. They'd be better off making Twilight World. Or Killer Klownz From Outer Space World. Darnit, these are all good jokes I could've used in MY Trip Report
OH I LOVE GETTING PIXIE DUSTED! That is magical. I know I freakout over the little things too! I was freaking out in the bathroom and scaring all kinds of people with my excitment.

Killer Klowns From Outer Space in Disney can you imagine?!
I think they'd much sooner have a roller coaster starring Metallica or Black Sabbath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandihead2012 View Post
Subscribed, sounds like so much fun! Who wouldn't love to be surprised with a trip!!! Love the Harry Potter stuff!
Old 07-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #21
RMAMom
DIS Veteran

Great trip report. I was disappointed when I read to this point and had to stop. Can't wait to read more.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #22
ThroughLookingGlass

Sorry this update took a little while!

The three broomsticks was very cool. The line moved really quickly and our food didn't take long at all. We got two plates of cornish pasties which are pastry dough with beef in the middle, salads, french fries, and I got kids mac and cheese because I didn't want french fries.

The cornish pasties were really good, I had a french fry and it was great, the mac and cheese was gross I only ate half of it because I didn't want to be starving later on. It did come with grapes though so I had those.

We also got a pumpkin fizz to try which everyone liked but I ended up drinking it. It was SO good! It was slightly like ginger ale but then it had cinnamon and a little pumpkin flavor.

Overall I'd give it 3/5 it was good but not the best thing I ever ate. The atmosphere is awesome.

After that you guessed it, another bathroom break. I enjoyed the scenery and said goodbye for now to Hogsmeade so that we could go check out the rest of the park.

After that we walked over to Jurassic Park!!! I love that movie so it was a lot of fun. The water ride was really cool, so glad we had ponchos!

From the time we arrived in the Bec and I would spot little hiccups in the park and say "This aint no Didney Worl"

This happened a lot throughout the rest of the day
Disney is just so detail crazy they spoil everyone!

The rest of the park was cool, it had a lot of comic book focused sections which I LOVED!

We kind of just strolled through and checked everything out, shopped a little, and then headed to Dr. Seuss!

The rides were really cute! I enjoyed that section a lot. There was this train ride that goes over the park that was horribly scary! and the wait was two and a half hours or something like that. Just ridiculous.

After that we did some more last minute shopping up front in the stores that have things from ALL part of the park. I found really cool sunglasses and a fantastic Harry Potter hoodie! I picked up my Honeydukes things. We checked out city walk which was kind of like the pleasure island of universal. It had a lot of fun themed clubs/bars/restaurants.

We only waited ten or fifteen minutes for our bus back to pop
I wrote some more trip report, answered birthday texts and facebook things, and was SO sleepy I passed out until we got back to pop.

UP NEXT: Birthday palooza! British people! Throwing up! And Disney's Animal Kingdom at the Yacht Club!

Last edited by ThroughLookingGlass; 07-27-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #23
nilla
The sky is falling!

Yay, the puking part is coming up! I was starting to feel like Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park: "Excuse me, but are there any dinosaurs on this dinosaur tour?"

Universal does look really cool, but I'm not surprised by your comments that it's just not on the level of Disney parks. I really do need to get there to see HP, though. And Jurassic Park. I'm guessing there ARE dinosaurs on that dinosaur tour.

The whole Marvel thing interests me, too. It's odd that Universal still has the rights to that. I'm think that Disney could really stick it to them by modifying Wolverine's costume to have a Mickey logo, forcing Universal to advertise for Disney inside their own park. See, I should be in marketing!

Great TR so far! Of course, I can also ask if there is any Disney in this Disney TR, but I won't be so rude. Wait, I just was. Nevermind. Carry on!
Old 07-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #24
ThroughLookingGlass

Quote:
Yay, the puking part is coming up! I was starting to feel like Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park: "Excuse me, but are there any dinosaurs on this dinosaur tour?"

Universal does look really cool, but I'm not surprised by your comments that it's just not on the level of Disney parks. I really do need to get there to see HP, though. And Jurassic Park. I'm guessing there ARE dinosaurs on that dinosaur tour.

The whole Marvel thing interests me, too. It's odd that Universal still has the rights to that. I'm think that Disney could really stick it to them by modifying Wolverine's costume to have a Mickey logo, forcing Universal to advertise for Disney inside their own park. See, I should be in marketing!

Great TR so far! Of course, I can also ask if there is any Disney in this Disney TR, but I won't be so rude. Wait, I just was. Nevermind. Carry on!
Updates are just slow and short because of work!
Disney part is coming up. We're still just on one day but the next update will be on Disney property and from then on it's all the parks and Star Wars weekend :D
Old 07-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #25
RMAMom
DIS Veteran

Looks like a lot of fun

Old 07-31-2012, 10:59 AM   #26
brandihead2012
<3er of all things Disney!

It looks soo cold! hope you had fun

Sparking up the Romance at WDW...March 2013 Trip Report for Lovers
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3009981&page=8

He finally said YES to Disney, a ptr for March 2013
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009981

998 picture, 10 pairs of Shoes 2 Girls.. completed TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post25194679
Old 07-31-2012, 06:42 PM   #27
ThroughLookingGlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandihead2012 View Post
It looks soo cold! hope you had fun
I love all the fake snow! It was fun! But it was definitely 97 degrees that day...
Old 08-08-2012, 02:30 PM   #28
ThroughLookingGlass

Hello everyone! Thanks for being patient. Here's the next installment,

When we got back to POP we were ready to swim! It was such a hot day! We spent a good hour and a half at the pool and even got fruity drinks. On the way back we stopped to check out the cool sportscar. Rachel and Rebecca spotted a cast member with a birthday balloon headed towards our room so Bec distracted me by pushing the car to "see if it moves" this was not out of the norm for Bec. I didn't even know it was meant to be a distraction!

Turns out the balloon wasn't for me. Oh well. The story is still really funny. We spent a good ten minutes checking out the car.

We did notice a caution: wet floor sign right in front of our door. So I picked it up and brought it inside with me.

I thought it was hilarious. I thought it was even more hilarious the next day when I got back from the parks and realized I had forgotten to place the sign back outside the door and housekeeping didn't seem to care because it was still in the room

After that I called my parents back and told them about my birthday so far. Then I took pictures of my Harry Potter swag.

*Remember how I had dropped the first chocolate frog box I picked up? And then Bec got me a new one and I said I hoped Helga Hufflepuff was inside?! SHE WAS! BIRTHDAY MAGIC! The girls thought so too.

After that we got ready and walked over to the bus line for Hollywood Studios so we could then walk over to the boardwalk for birthday dinner. In line with us was a VERY BIG very loud amd happy British family with pretty thick accents. The girls didn't really quite know what they were saying, especially the dad. They were arguing about what day and time it was since they had just arrived from the airport and weren't quite sure. I showed them on my phone and that settled it. Then they noticed my birthday button and all just started singing in unison. They were adorable.

They thought it was my 21st though

When we got off the bus we took THE LONG AND HORRIBLE TREK TO THE BOARDWALK THAT LEGITIMATELY TOOK AN HOUR. We were all crazy sore and tired and hungry and laughing about how kind of pathetic it was.
We saw fireworks on the way though,

We finally found BEACHES AND CREAM. They said the wait would be an hour. I WAS SO MAD. It was about 9:00 at night and I was tired and ready to sit in air conditioning and eat. I'm not sure if it was because it was my birthday or they just made a mistake but not even five minutes later they called our name!

We ordered burgers which were AMAZING. So good.

AND THEN

We got the kitchen sink! It was insane! We ate until we couldn't eat anymore. We didn't get super far since we did just have cheesburgers but I think we made a good dent!

Bec and I were so full but Rachel said she could go for another half of cheesburger

Bec and I sat there exclaiming that we never wanted to see sugar of any kind ever again and I layed down in the booth and told them both

"I AM GOING TO THROW UP ALL OVER YOUR FACES TONIGHT WHILE YOU'RE SLEEPING. I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT."

We paid and then checked out yacht club. We had a sugar high so we got pretty ridiculous, especially me. My favorite game to play in Disney is paparazzi. It's where I roll around on the floor and hide under plants and behind streetlamps or collumns taking pictures of everyone. So there was a lot of that. And some over the shoulder,

We got a cab back to the hotel. Over on the Frumps trip reports they watch a lot of Stacy but we watch a lot of Phineas and Ferb. It's our favorite. So we did that before bed, typical.

Next up: STAR WARS WEEKEND!!!

Last edited by ThroughLookingGlass; 08-08-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:02 AM   #29
Orreed
Olivia

I love your trip report so far!
Old 08-11-2012, 12:59 AM   #30
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Just had to say best title! Count me in!
Now going back to read it all

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: