DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2012, 05:08 PM   #31
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
If most on the construction is on the side that I'm thinking then, I definitely would request a pool view. We had room 913 in July and it was the side view. I could see the spa below us. I'm guessing that side would be very noisy. The other side of the resort Phase 3 isn't open yet. The side we were on was the same side as the Makai Preserve and the quiet pool. I would go with an open mind that there will be noise. If this is meant to be a once in a life time trip, I'd cancel and rebook
I know it's not may be easy to describe in words, but can you help me understand where the pool view rooms are? We have pool view booked in Oct and I think we may not be near the construction (at least that's what I'm telling myself ), but I'm not sure.

ETA: I think I found the information I was looking for.

Last edited by Bobo912; 07-31-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:32 PM   #32
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo912 View Post
I know it's not may be easy to describe in words, but can you help me understand where the pool view rooms are? We have pool view booked in Oct and I think we may not be near the construction (at least that's what I'm telling myself ), but I'm not sure.

Did you see this map: http://dvcnews.com/images/stories/ha...ADV_phases.jpg

We were in DVC Phase II facing the pool on the left. we were in the corner of the L shape on the 9th floor. DVC Phase 3 is not open yet. The resort is set back from the ocean quite a bit. So, I think you take your chances more with trying to get an ocean view. I know lots have talked about it and tried to convince others not to take an ocean view room. Now, I understand.
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2012, 08:20 PM   #33
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
Did you see this map: http://dvcnews.com/images/stories/ha...ADV_phases.jpg

We were in DVC Phase II facing the pool on the left. we were in the corner of the L shape on the 9th floor. DVC Phase 3 is not open yet. The resort is set back from the ocean quite a bit. So, I think you take your chances more with trying to get an ocean view. I know lots have talked about it and tried to convince others not to take an ocean view room. Now, I understand.
Thanks! I think I'm worrying too much. I'm going to make myself stop now.
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:08 PM   #34
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo912 View Post

Perhaps this thread will also help you locate the different villas at Aulani: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907389
Old 08-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #35
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Wow! Wasn't too worried about the expansion before but now . . . .

just got an email from DVC Member Services that because of the construction during my stay in late October they are going to credit back two nights of points . . . . . . is this DVC just being proactive or are they getting a ton of complaints?

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #36
dvc_john
DIS Veteran

DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 2nd Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
just got an email from DVC Member Services that because of the construction during my stay in late October they are going to credit back two nights of points
Me too!

I started a new thread about this because I didn't think it would get noticed at the end of this thread.

DVC nights stayed to date:
AKV 15, ARS 5, BCV 61, BLT 17, BWV 83, HH 64, OKW 198, SSR 30, THV 9, VB 28, VGC 15, VGF 4, VWL 52

dvc_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:45 PM   #37
ckdipp
If you can dream it, you can do it.

Haven't had time to read through this entire thread, so my apologies if I'm repeating something that was already said.

We were just there July 14 - 21. We were in DVC rooms in the Wainanea Building. We had ocean view on the pool side. The large wings of the Ewa building are still under construction (interior) and we did not hear any of the noise.

What we were glad about - is that we went now. Once all those additional rooms are occupied, the resort is going to be crowded. With the smaller occupancy currently, the pool, lagoon and all facilities were comfortable to full. I can not imagine what it would be like once all rooms are completed.

2012: Aulani 2010: VWL, DCL, OKW 2009: BCV, YC, OKW 2008: OKW, GC 2007: BWV, OKW 2006: BCV, Poly 2004: BCV Too long ago: FW
ckdipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:18 PM   #38
shoedude1971
Earning My Ears

I just talked to member services for DVC and they said they are crediting back ALL guests, DVC or cash the equivalent of 2 nights stay at Aulani (points for DVC members/cash for non)...don't know when this will stop but my guess is they are trying to pacify everyone before they get here.....looks like we'll be heading to OKW this winter for a trip now that we have points back!!! Woo hoo!
shoedude1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #39
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

I spoke with MS today as others have done recently. We have two upcoming reservations at Aulani...one is for DW and I to celebrate our 30th anniversary from 9/03-9/09 and the other is for our DD on her honeymoon from 12/14-12/20. I have received an email from MS informing us about the upcoming expansion construction. DD received a letter last week. Neither the email nor the letter mentioned any refunding of points or any other incentive. I called MS today to find out what was going on regarding the construction and any incentives. MS told me that the construction would start 9/10 so there is nothing that needed to be done with our 1st reservation. On the second reservation, we will be receiving a letter/email informing us of the upcoming refund of points equal to two nights stay. She said that not everyone has received this info yet and they are working on notifying everyone. She also said the points would not be refunded until after you check-in for your reservation. I asked about the refund, i.e. what difference it would make if the points were current UY, borrowed, etc. I was told that if the points were borrowed, they would be "un-borrowed". If they were banked, then they would expire as normal during the current UY. If the points were current UY, then they would retain their ability to be banked. I asked about using the refunded points to upgrade the existing reservation but that cannot be done since they are not refunded until you check in. However, if you have points in inventory, you could upgrade your existing reservation knowing that two nights worth of the new reservation would be refunded upon check-in. Just wanted to share what I was told today.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:56 PM   #40
Kelblum
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad to hear about the 2 day refund even though we have not been notified yet. Will be calling MS tomorrow! We are going Sept. 24th-Oct. 1st for our 20th and was really disappointed to hear about the construction. At least that takes the sting out a little!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:16 AM   #41
Neraj
Earning My Ears

I also wanted to add, I heard today that the Waianae wing, currently open, will be shut down during much of the construction(this is the side of most of the construction) and the EWA wing will be open for guests. So you may be at Aulani during the construction but won't be directly over it, which is nice. They are basically flipping the resort.
Also, I don't know if this was in the letter, but they are also adding a new merchandise location which will be in what is currently the Holoholo desk (activities). Holoholo desk will be moving closer to the check-in counter.
Neraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:11 PM   #42
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

I'm not too worried as we typically will be out exploring the island during the construction during the day. The credit of 2 nights of points for the inconvience is wonderful gesture. The expansion is needed and will ultimately make the resort better in the long run.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - Nov 2013 Fantasy EC, Mar 2012 Wonder MR, Nov 2011 Dream B2B, Jan 2011 Wonder Panama Canal, Nov 2009 Wonder Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #43
NC State Tigger
'cause we all love State and I luv Tigger

Will this construction change the number of villas available while the construction is going on? Will DVC not book villas in the area where there is construcion in progress?

I had hoped to book for next May (can't book till 7 months out). Sounds like construction will still be going on then. I hope they don't "hold back" villas and make it more difficult to book at 7 months.

How long do you think "2 nights" will be credited for stays at Aulani. How many nights have to be booked to get the credit. I had been thinking of 2-3 nights in Honolulu and a week at Aulani, but if I were able to have 2 nights of points credited back, I'd book Aulani for our entire stay.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:01 PM   #44
Neraj
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State Tigger View Post
Will this construction change the number of villas available while the construction is going on? Will DVC not book villas in the area where there is construcion in progress?

I had hoped to book for next May (can't book till 7 months out). Sounds like construction will still be going on then. I hope they don't "hold back" villas and make it more difficult to book at 7 months.

How long do you think "2 nights" will be credited for stays at Aulani. How many nights have to be booked to get the credit. I had been thinking of 2-3 nights in Honolulu and a week at Aulani, but if I were able to have 2 nights of points credited back, I'd book Aulani for our entire stay.
I believe the EWA wing is actually larger than the currently open Waianae wing. From my understanding it will just be a straight flip, so it should open up more villas. Probably somewhere around 100 more than is currently open.

The '2 nights' is a promo (stay for 5 nights pay for 3), I'm not sure how long that will be good for.
Neraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #45
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

The current credit is for stays 9/10 - 12/22/12 no word yet if they'll extend it.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - Nov 2013 Fantasy EC, Mar 2012 Wonder MR, Nov 2011 Dream B2B, Jan 2011 Wonder Panama Canal, Nov 2009 Wonder Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: