Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2012, 04:41 PM   #91
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

We were talking about this thread in our podcast this week. (Thread of the week)

I think the Disneyland Resort is still trying to figure out how to offer days for their guests without other people taking advantage and selling extra days to make a profit.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:44 PM   #92
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Jo View Post
We were talking about this thread in our podcast this week. (Thread of the week)

I think the Disneyland Resort is still trying to figure out how to offer days for their guests without other people taking advantage and selling extra days to make a profit.
Thanks Mary Jo! I hope they have a policy in place by January, as I don't want to use my 5-day PH on my arrival night and not be able to upgrade to a 6-day PH pass for a reasonable amount ($5-$15 per night added per ticket).
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2012, 04:46 PM   #93
PrincessIM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2aidanNpiper View Post
FYI, as I mentioned in my earlier post, I did write into Disney asking what their firm policy is and why the inconsistencies with upgrading tickets. I sent the email on the 26th and got a reply today.

My email consisted of briefly explaining we will be onsite for 7 nights, 8 days and were wondering why they stopped upgrading tickets past 5. I explained an AP wasn't beneficial to us as we weren't coming back soon and also there were blockout days on our trip.

The reply I got back was a standard "thank you for your comments, we love feedback from our guests" etc, etc. No information about anything.

I tried!

I urge anyone else though who is bothered by the inconsistent upgrades and lack of policy (so it seems) to write in asking for the upgrades to go back into effect or if they still are available to get the CM's better training on it.

I agree! I'm planning on sending a letter too. Who did you send your letter to?
PrincessIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:49 PM   #94
PrincessIM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
Thanks Mary Jo! I hope they have a policy in place by January, as I don't want to use my 5-day PH on my arrival night and not be able to upgrade to a 6-day PH pass for a reasonable amount ($5-$15 per night added per ticket).
We are facing the same problem for our upcoming trip in August. We were able to get 6 day tickets for the kids but would like to add an extra day so that we can go in on our day of arrival. I'm definately going to try and will report back.
PrincessIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:54 PM   #95
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You've probably already thought of this, but I would make sure to try to upgrade the tickets at a ticket booth or the outside guest services window before ever entering the parks. That way if you go up the whole chain of CMs to the supervisor and they still deny you the upgrade then you at least know where you stand and can make an informed decision about whether to use that first day of your ticket for only a partial day or just go hang out in DtD or something else instead for the evening.
longtimedisneylurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:02 PM   #96
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtimedisneylurker View Post
You've probably already thought of this, but I would make sure to try to upgrade the tickets at a ticket booth or the outside guest services window before ever entering the parks. That way if you go up the whole chain of CMs to the supervisor and they still deny you the upgrade then you at least know where you stand and can make an informed decision about whether to use that first day of your ticket for only a partial day or just go hang out in DtD or something else instead for the evening.
Thanks. I did think of that, but it's not ideal unless I can breakaway from the wife and kids and go upgrade the tickets. Because taking my DD7 and DS3 up to the DL entrance and then telling them to turn around just isn't happening.

Another variable is that at WDW, upgrading tickets after first use is different than upgrading before first use (you don't have to forfeit any ticket discount if you use your tickets for a day before upgrading). And from the looks of several posts here on the DL board, a similar policy exists at the DLR. Where's the DLR version of Cheshire Figment when you need them?
Old 07-31-2012, 05:08 PM   #97
mom2aidanNpiper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessIM

I agree! I'm planning on sending a letter too. Who did you send your letter to?
I just went to Disneyland.com and went through the contact us page. The standard form letter I got back, while generalized, did mention that my concern was over the availability of 6 days + park tickets. So they obv read it and sorted it correctly

DL: 1985, 1988, 1994, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 (x2),2013 (x2) WDW: 2010 DCL: 2010, 2011, 2012 Aulani : 2013, 2014
mom2aidanNpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:10 PM   #98
mom2aidanNpiper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Jo

Thanks Mary Jo! I hope its figured out soon! My whole goal of the trip was not to do parks open to close and relax, enjoy the pools, etc. I really was hoping for 7 or 8 days not 5! I hope they figure out a way to avoid scammers and make guests happy

DL: 1985, 1988, 1994, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 (x2),2013 (x2) WDW: 2010 DCL: 2010, 2011, 2012 Aulani : 2013, 2014
mom2aidanNpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #99
SkRiderMom
Earning My Ears

I also sent a comment using the contact us form on Disneyland's website, here is the reply I received-

Thank you for your e-mail to the DISNEYLAND® Resort.

We appreciate your valuable feedback for our operation and would like to
assure you that our goals for providing a happy and unique experience in
our theme parks have remained constant throughout the years. One of the
ways in which we attempt to maintain this goal is to continually
evaluate the various aspects of our operation and to make changes at
times. We also rely on input such as yours to help us determine when
these changes should remain in effect or when we should implement
something different.

While our decision to modify our ticket options and pricing structure is
always based on a review of the local marketplace as well as Guest
visitation trends, comments such as yours are always welcomed as we
continue to evaluate our operation.

We hope you will enjoy your upcoming November visit to the Resort and
that our Cast Members, attractions and entertainment will help create
more magical memories for you and your loved ones.

Sincerely,

Suzn Gates
DISNEYLAND® Resort
Guest Experience Services

I think it is very important that people make sure that Disneyland know that we want park hoppers longer than 5 days. The more people that make their feelings known the more likely they will bring back the longer hoppers.
SkRiderMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #100
TigerlilyAJ
DIS Veteran

I put this in a separate thread about my conversation with a CM on the DLR (714) ticket phone line, but am posting here in case you're interested, as it relates to some people's experiences here.

I called the tickets number 714 today to ask some questions about tickets, and she was very understanding and helpful.
Her take on adding days was that it should be done at a ticket booth, and would need the lead (i.e. supervisor) of that booth to do something in the computer. But, she noted, that some of the computer systems have been updated so that option appears to be not available anymore, including at the computers in her office. She also noted that with the new tickets/policy instated in May, there could be newer leads (not to mention ticket-booth attendants) who would not know what to do, even if the computer they have will allow them to make the extension on a ticket.

As for using WDW tickets at DLR, she said it would be perfectly fine, no problem once two criteria were met:
1) That the ticket not have expired. So, it either still has to be within its 14-day window OR be a No Expiration Date ticket.
but also
2) She said it would have to be an "active" ticket for their system to be able to process it. Which means at least one day of the ticket should have been used already at WDW.
TigerlilyAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:58 AM   #101
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Another variable is that at WDW, upgrading tickets after first use is different than upgrading before first use (you don't have to forfeit any ticket discount if you use your tickets for a day before upgrading). And from the looks of several posts here on the DL board, a similar policy exists at the DLR. Where's the DLR version of Cheshire Figment when you need them?
It *might* have changed, but in the past the policy has been dfferent than at WDW. At WDW, you use the first and it locks in the current gate price. At DLR, it's been (even as recently as February) that you get what you paid for the ticket. So there's NO difference if you upgrade before or after you use it.

Now, there have always been pixie dust moments; I have not gotten one while upgrading a ticket at DLR, but a few others have. The policy, however has been (up to Feb at least) that all you get is a credit in the amount that you paid for the ticket.

(Oh wait, no, it's what WAS paid for the ticket. So in some instances, some people do not want to do something like upgrade their ticket to an AP. Military tickets bought at a base, for example, have an upgrade value that is LESS than what the purchaser paid, and that lower cost is what's given as an upgrade value. ) (just being thorough here)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:12 AM   #102
Rebekkap
Australian Mouseketeer!

I upgraded a 5 day park hopper to six last week, at the ticket kiosks. Took two people fiddling with the computer, and in the end they didn't charge me, which was lovely of them. Was no hassle, just had to wait a few mins while they sorted it out.
Rebekkap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:25 AM   #103
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebekkap View Post
I upgraded a 5 day park hopper to six last week, at the ticket kiosks. Took two people fiddling with the computer, and in the end they didn't charge me, which was lovely of them. Was no hassle, just had to wait a few mins while they sorted it out.
Thanks for the report. Each one of these reports gives others confidence that they'll be able to upgrade without having to buy a full price 1 day pass.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:57 PM   #104
mrsmusic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Thanks for the report. Each one of these reports gives others confidence that they'll be able to upgrade without having to buy a full price 1 day pass.
So the consensus, if there is one, is to go on arrival day to the main ticket kiosks outside between the two parks, take your original tickets, ask to upgrade prior to any use, and that way you can decide if you want to use the day of arrival or not? Daughter is going in a few weeks and we were shocked to read no more 6-day passes available online. While our experience in Disneyland means I can see nearly everything I want to in 2-3 days, we also like to go at a slower pace, take breaks, go the evening of arrival and go a little the day of departure. Also usually we take someone who hasn't been EVER to the parks or hasn't been in many years and it's fun to do it all....

I will print out the VP's article comments, saying it's just a nice place to "hang out" and of making it possible to go from a 5-day to a 6-day vacation, along with some helpful tips, that way hopefully they can be persuasive.

Anything else I'm missing at this point?
mrsmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:04 AM   #105
limace
DIS Veteran

As an FYI, I tried this Thursday and was unsuccessful. I have 6 days, wanted to add a 7th. I didn't try a different booth as we were in a hurry and I am not sure we'd use the 7th day.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: