Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2012, 11:59 AM   #16
st4rrab0vemybed
Mouseketeer

Been there a few times, and luckily when I went there was no line. If you go during the week, you should be fine. It's an OK bakery, but mostly a name. I do recommend the Pignoli cookies though.

Last edited by st4rrab0vemybed; 07-31-2012 at 12:24 PM.
st4rrab0vemybed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:13 PM   #17
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazel View Post
I wouldn't bother, their bakery items really aren't that good. There are so many better places. The wait to get in there isn't worth it at all.
Seconded! I think they're good "TV personalities" and viewers who enjoy watching their antics feel like they "know" them, which keeps their bakery popular. But their stuff just isn't that tasty, and Buddy's cake talents are blown WAY out of proportion. He may be the cake "boss" but I've seen more creative work by the people making 10 bucks an hour at our local Publix.
BlovesC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2012, 02:22 PM   #18
czycropper
DIS Veteran

We've been there several times. Go in the morning or later in the day during the week. One day we got there around 5ish and they were actually filming - I had stopped there after being in the City to get a small cake for my DD, since we had taken the train in from Hoboken.

The cakes are good, but, as others have said the pastries are ok. We have a local bakery that has much better pastries and it's only 10 minutes from my house!

1972 - 1975 - Offsite; 1976 - Contemporary; 1977-1988 - Off site; 1992 - POR/Swan; 2004 - Poly Concierge; 2005 - off site; 2008 - 6/22-6/26 @CBR for dance with Disney Magical Music Days
2009 - 5/22-27 - quick trip to Discovery Cove & Busch Gardens
2011 - WWoHP

Non-Orlando trips
2006 - Colorado
2007 - Caribbean
2010 - Galapagos
2012 - Cedar Point/Holiday World/Hershey Park/Great Adventure/Dorney Park - aka "The Great Roller Coaster Vacation"
2013 - England & France
czycropper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:37 PM   #19
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
They don't call them crackberries for nothing!
talk about chafing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlovesC View Post
Seconded! I think they're good "TV personalities" and viewers who enjoy watching their antics feel like they "know" them, which keeps their bakery popular. But their stuff just isn't that tasty, and Buddy's cake talents are blown WAY out of proportion. He may be the cake "boss" but I've seen more creative work by the people making 10 bucks an hour at our local Publix.
Where's the like button on the Dis!!
Old 07-31-2012, 03:45 PM   #20
Boston Tea Party
Truth is truth

Quote:
Most of what I have seen isn't even "cake." It is mostly "cereal treats."
You never ever left my side ~ Make it like it was before
Even if it takes a life time, takes a life time ~

~Next Dole Whip… 7/13-7/18 USC Trojan Style! ~
Boston Tea Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:58 PM   #21
akhenaten
Lucky for husband, the neighbors can't hear
My fav ride was the kidddie whip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Tea Party View Post
Most of what I have seen isn't even "cake." It is mostly "cereal treats."
Yes.. at what point does it stop being a cake? If I want a scuplture I will buy one!

I had a piece of one of their cakes ( a simple sheet cake)... very sugary... like you could feel the granuals on your tongue. Reminded me of cakes I had 40 years ago, when I was very young...

I liked the show where he cooked family recipes much better...

MK daytrip 1980
MK/epcot 1983 offsite
FW camp 1986
CBR 1991Dixie landings 1996 CBR july 2004
POR Riverside July 2011
akhenaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:59 PM   #22
ryka
Oh sweet soap on a rope

I am born and raised in Hoboken. I am still living here. He use to make such great things. Since the show it has gone down hill. If you are coming and want to get in fast, I could meet you up there. Anyone from Hoboken gets right in without waiting on line.
ryka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:53 PM   #23
Disneymaddness
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all your responses! I'll have to think about this
POR- 7/05, 8/07, 7/11, 5/13, 2/14
Disneymaddness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:32 PM   #24
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Glad I read this thread! My DD8's birthday is coming up (she's a huge fan) and I was going to get her a cake from there. After reading this thread, I think I'll pass.

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
N&B'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:36 PM   #25
Brit17
DIS Veteran

If you want to try a "Cake Boss" cake, they now sell them at BJ's Wholesale Club ... They sell two different varieties and they are $19.99 ... I tried one for the heck of it and the buttercream frosting was way too sweet for me and the cake was very heavy too, IMO ... I honestly prefer the BJ's brand better than the Cake Boss brand ... (And Wegman's make the best cake out of them all) ...

http://www.bjs.com/about/news/content/item1,331.shtml
Brit17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:27 PM   #26
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

I like their cakes, I just wouldn't make a special trip to go there. If they're served at a party, I'll certainly enjoy a piece.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:29 PM   #27
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Quote:
I agree with most of what you said but he is talented and I know he has lots of talented people working for him but more creative work at PUBLIX...ah there I need to disagree.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:38 PM   #28
quentina
The bridge has been built and crossed
Old cups are just that.......old cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazel View Post
I wouldn't bother, their bakery items really aren't that good. There are so many better places. The wait to get in there isn't worth it at all.
I agree with this assessment of the baked goods but....there is something great about going. Not sure what it is as the customer service is some of the worst I have ever experienced. It may be the excitement of the crowd.

Anyway, I have been there 4 times. 3 times, I arrived at 8am or a little before and never had a wait. In fact, I got the parking spot directly in front of the bldg. Now, just this Saturday, we went and got there at 10am. We did not stay....there had to be 500 people in line. As the product is truly only OK- no way was I waiting.

I have seen the tour buses start to arrive around 8:30 so, be there before that. Have fun

On another point....Saturday, we went to NYC and the TKS booth had Mary Poppins for 50% off so, guess what we saw
quentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:16 PM   #29
AuntRoeRoe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit17 View Post
If you want to try a "Cake Boss" cake, they now sell them at BJ's Wholesale Club ... They sell two different varieties and they are $19.99 ... I tried one for the heck of it and the buttercream frosting was way too sweet for me and the cake was very heavy too, IMO ... I honestly prefer the BJ's brand better than the Cake Boss brand ... (And Wegman's make the best cake out of them all) ...

http://www.bjs.com/about/news/content/item1,331.shtml
I just started a part time job in the bakery at Wegmans, so I have to thank you for the compliment!
Old 07-31-2012, 09:15 PM   #30
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

Take a picture of the front of the shop, then continue on Ultramarino's at 3rd Street and Willow. Much better pastries and cookies! I highly recommend the yucca bread, too!

If you're hungry for real food, Zafra is right next door.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: