Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2012, 02:33 PM   #3316
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02
The inside of the Tangled clothes are not that pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyhoff View Post
Hey ladies!! I'm so inspired by all of your beautiful work! I've been pumping out the costumes for my two kiddos for our trip in September, but I haven't "finished" most of them. Still have little touches to complete! I will post lots of pictures soon.

Quick question: Do any of you know of a pattern I can use for a Peter Pan inspired shirt? I basically just want a shirt pattern that is V-neck with a collar, but one piece for the front and one piece for the back, not a button down. I can alter the pattern for the pointy collar and the sleeves and bottom I'm just planning to cut the fabric for a really messy (easy) look.

Any ideas?

What size do you need ? I have a Peter pan shirt sitting around.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:35 PM   #3317
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi S View Post
Cinderella custom...I declare it finished even though I didn't applique on the skirt.

The top is from the summer 2005 Ottobre issue. I've been dying to make this one for awhile. The skirt, of course, is Insa.
Does the skirt make the shirt look short in the front or is it me ?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2012, 02:37 PM   #3318
Mel0215
Mouseketeer

Location: Florida- I can see the ships every time they are in port!

Quote:
froufroubyheathersue - I got a bunch there.

Ugh...I have to go to work for a few hours...I don't want to....wah!!!
Thank you so much!!! Can't wait to get started!
DCL: Magic May 23, 2009; Magic Nov. 14, 2009
Wonder May 16, 2010; Wonder PCC 2.0
Dream: Feb. 6, 2011
Fantasy: May 2012
Mel0215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:01 PM   #3319
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequele View Post
I'm not sure but....
I think we are getting close to the "limit" of pages on the thread and it will be forced closed? Would someone please keep me posted of the move because typically I just check my subscribed threads....please please please!
I think we should have our own sewing board. One thread with with all of our awesome pictures of completed things and then individual threads with questions about patterns ? techniques, or whatever else we want to ask. I've seen some things get looked over and never answered.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:38 PM   #3320
Piper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrxtc View Post
I think we should have our own sewing board. One thread with with all of our awesome pictures of completed things and then individual threads with questions about patterns ? techniques, or whatever else we want to ask. I've seen some things get looked over and never answered.
I think that is an awesome idea. Goodness knows we fill up these threads quickly enough to justify it!
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:57 PM   #3321
babynala
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think someone mentioned that once but I think everyone thought that it would be too complicated to keep track of so many threads. It is kind of nice to be able to look in one place for all the pictures of all the wonderful customs.

There was a suggestion that if you put your question in a red font (maybe with bigger letters or with the word "Question" in big, bold, red letters) then it would be easier for others to see it and answer it. I have seen most questions posted in red get answered.

Hopefully Teresa will stop by soon and move us to a new thread!

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:15 PM   #3322
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Quote:
We've talked about this in the past too. Many of us have asked for our own board too. I like the thread, but I see where the board would be nice.

We can go up to page 250, so we are good for awhile! I haven't been commenting much lately, but I've been checking in quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
I think someone mentioned that once but I think everyone thought that it would be too complicated to keep track of so many threads. It is kind of nice to be able to look in one place for all the pictures of all the wonderful customs.

There was a suggestion that if you put your question in a red font (maybe with bigger letters or with the word "Question" in big, bold, red letters) then it would be easier for others to see it and answer it. I have seen most questions posted in red get answered.

and, like I said, we can go up to page 250 before we need a new thread, so we are ok for the time being.

Hopefully Teresa will stop by soon and move us to a new thread!
I am one that prefers one thread. It really does help to put things in nice bold red letters with "Question" next to it. I know I notice that when I see it. Sometimes people just don't answer a question because no one knows the answer.
teresajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:37 PM   #3323
pequele
Some people think they are cool because they can hide behind a screen! Don't choke on it!

Perfect! I never thought of the post in another color for questions before. Duh. Only problem is it isn't easy to do without using code when posting from the iPhone app (not sure on iPad as I hadn't thought about it!). There isn't a "quick" format button on the iPhone app unfortunately!

DL: '77,'88,'89,'90,'98, 2/12-WDW:CBR-pirate room, 12/12: AKV-Kidani , 5/13 AKV-Jambo and Kidani split with a DCL 3 night Bahamian Cruise on the Dream, 10/13 AKV-Kidani, 5/14 Alaskan 9 Night Cruise on the Wonder 10/14 B2B 4 nighters on the Dream including a double dip at Castaway Cay 7/15 Baltic 12 Nighter including Germany
pequele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:49 PM   #3324
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02

So, I have been sewing. I am attempting to make Simplicity #2466.....

The pants and bag were so easy. thought i would have lots of fun because I knew exactly which of my fabrics I was going to be using for this. A mix of 4 that matched but didn't match. I got the first part of the shirt done last week and started with the more complicated stuff today. UGH !!!

I finally finished the shirt but I don't think I really like how it looks. It looks strange and way over-sized. I have the entire dress pieces cut out but I don't want to do it anymore after looking at the shirt.

I guess I'll have to move on...... I'll post pics later. It looks like it got some bad reviews on pattern review too. I'm gonna start using that more.

Last edited by pyrxtc; 07-31-2012 at 04:59 PM.
pyrxtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:07 PM   #3325
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyhoff View Post
Quick question: Do any of you know of a pattern I can use for a Peter Pan inspired shirt? I basically just want a shirt pattern that is V-neck with a collar, but one piece for the front and one piece for the back, not a button down. I can alter the pattern for the pointy collar and the sleeves and bottom I'm just planning to cut the fabric for a really messy (easy) look.

Any ideas?
Here's a tutorial:

http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2009/10...n-costume.html
lovesdumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:24 PM   #3326
Disney52303
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
My cousin is Marjorie not sure what her DisName is though.
Hmmm, she's not on my list for our sailing

Quote:
I just finished my own princess custom! I thought I'd share some pictures while my next embroidery design is stitching out on something for Gracie.

I combined these 3 sassy princesses from Sweet Pea on white wool felt...and put it together with McCall's 6123.

Love this!!!

Lots of childhood trips with family. As adult, '95 - Allstar Sports, '03 - POR (for our Disney wedding at the Poly); ASMo for one night, Magic (Western) honeymoon, '05 - joined DVC!, '07 - SSR, '08 - ASMu, '09 - SSR, Wonder, '10 - SSR for Princess half marathon, HHI, '11 - POFQ, '12 - BLT, Fantasy Western, Magic to Canada, BWV

Upcoming:
5/23-2012-5/27/2012 BCV
11/9/13-11/14/13 AKL & 11/14/13-11/17/13 3 nighter on the Dream!
10/30/14 girls' weekend on the Dream
12/27/14 NYE Eastern on the Fantasy!

Disney52303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:11 PM   #3327
Disneymom1218
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMickey View Post
I lived in Drums, near Hazleton. Sounds like you have alot planned for you trip. I would love to go to Disney for Halloween, and Christmas, and...

I went to the Job Corps center in Drums way back in 94. Disney at Halloween is so magical. we love going that time of yr. Hoping to maybe be able to fit a trip this yr on our budget but it's looking more like maybe next yr.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:19 PM   #3328
Disneymom1218
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So, I have been sewing. I am attempting to make Simplicity #2466.....

The pants and bag were so easy. thought i would have lots of fun because I knew exactly which of my fabrics I was going to be using for this. A mix of 4 that matched but didn't match. I got the first part of the shirt done last week and started with the more complicated stuff today. UGH !!!

I finally finished the shirt but I don't think I really like how it looks. It looks strange and way over-sized. I have the entire dress pieces cut out but I don't want to do it anymore after looking at the shirt.

I guess I'll have to move on...... I'll post pics later. It looks like it got some bad reviews on pattern review too. I'm gonna start using that more.
I did not make the bag but this was one of my first patterns here is what I made.

I layered the smaller size over the bigger size for their Halloween costumes, They were Rag dolls

Last edited by Disneymom1218; 07-31-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: forgot a pic
Disneymom1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:58 PM   #3329
weluvdizne
Mouseketeer

I am so hopelessly behind. No way I would ever catch up, so I'm just going to start here and say I've missed seeing all the great things everyone makes and promise to keep up better this time!

weluvdizne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:14 PM   #3330
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:
There is a Hobby Lobby in Manchester, NH. Still in New England I believe ! It does a take a while to get there but they have some nice fabric.
Thanks...good to know. When we go up to Maine we never go that way, but maybe I will have to take a detour

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbelleMom View Post
I've made these Minnie Mouse Clippies. I bought them a while ago, and I can't remember who had them then, but I know Heather has some too. They're made of felt, and super easy to do. I can do six at a time on my 6x10 hoop, they don't take long at all. I think these are two inch. Ignore the Jessie braid, she was trying on the hat!

And a close up...

I plan on making these for the little girls in my Dream FE group.
Those came out cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen7079 View Post
My machine came in yesterday and we did the big unveiling. Had to run to JoAnne's because it came with nothing. My thread from Threadarts isn't here yet (I didn't order it until Thursday) so I went ahead and got some thread by several different brands to see what I like best. All the stabilizers were 50% off and I had an additional 20% off. We came home and played with the machine. It is pretty fun.

Jennifer
Congrats on your machine!

Quote:
Not sure, BUT given that we are a family of six and spending ten days at Disney plus a day traveling each direction, the car will be full. Everything pales in comparison, though, to my cross-country adventure in 2009 - 6 people (me, my mom and the 4 kids) plus we had strollers, diapers, 3 weeks worth of stuff...it was insane. Luckily, I drive a Toyota Sienna so we do have plenty of room.

I have a method for packing my crew (and making sure everyone looks nice for pictures b/c I love taking pictures on vacation). I pack a complete set of clothes for every person for one day in a bag (like a plastic bag from a clothing store). I roll everything together with the largest clothes on the outside. On the bag, I place a tape label with what day it is for. I have also been known to pack one bag per stop when we make multiple stops. I pack the car so the things we need first are on top. I have it down to a science. My spreadsheet for making stuff (and figuring out what day it was for, planning the trip) will turn into my packing list.
You're a girl after my own heart. I have to pack in order that we will wear the stuff and also have a spreadsheet of what we are wearing on which day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holstar View Post
Hey guys!

I just wanted to let you all know how amazing and inspirational you are!

I've been on Disboards for a little while, usually hanging out around the UK trip planning forum, but a couple of days ago I stumbled upon this gem and I've spent the last day getting through the 218 pages! You are all so talented!

We're going on our first trip to Walt Disney World next August (2013), and we're taking our three nieces with us. I've been getting more and more frustrated at how little Disney clothing and accessories you can buy in the UK, especially in the ages I need - but you guys have inspired me to actually take the plunge and do it myself!

When I was little I used to watch my mum sew and I wished I could do what she did - sadly, she passed away when I was very young, so I never really had anyone teach me how to sew. But, thanks to you guys I've just signed up for sewing classes!

You are all fab!

Hollie xxx
Can't wait to see what you start creating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew into Disney View Post
We took our most recent trip to Disneyland earlier this month. I made my Princess a Minnie dress and a Jessie dress.

Thanks for posting. Everything looked amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
I have a habit of visiting DISBoards a couple of months before Disney trips to get myself in the the mood, or more accurately, exercise some of the excitment. I remembered seeing this thread when I was on after our last visit (working on my ultimate FAIL TR) so when I offered to make a Disney outfit or two for a coworker's 3 year old's first visit to WDW I knew I needed to revisit.

So, Hello, and you all are a great inspiration and invoke major machine envy (I have a lovely sewing machine, but no embroidery.)

I've been so busy looking at everyone's goodies, that I am now going to go back and check the tutorials and other links on the first page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
A Wild About Disney Dress:

Wow you have been busy with your daughters gone. I had it on this page when I was going through everything and my DH saw the Wild by Design. It was funny because he was Hey I know that.... I have that on my shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney52303 View Post
I made this dress last summer and gave it to my sister so my niece could have it for their trip they took in October. It is Ariel themed but I was never thrilled with it. I felt it needed something more to make it "pop"

I think its adorable!

[QUOTE}

[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Wow those are alot of bags. They are going to love getting them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darragh View Post
Here is the latest outfit for DGD to wear at HS when we go in Sept.

I couldn't shake it off her so that I could take it home to put in the Disney box Mommy had to hide it while the little gal took her bath that night.
Cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile5sunshine View Post
Mike W. shirt for DS. I had planned on making shorts to go with this too with some really cute appliques, but I doubt that I'll be able to get to them. Oh well.

Bullseye dress for my littlest DD. Made from the Grace Ruffle Dress Pattern

Back to sewing!
Sunshine
WOW great job on everything. Love that Bullseye.
And you did a great job on a mock Insa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
I saw that on FB this morning.
I thought of Andrea when I saw it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahrizel View Post
Well this isn't a Disney item, but I can't resist showing it off. I just finished Carla's stripwork dress. I tried the easy fit pants before-really love that pattern! But this is my first dress of hers. My first jumper and first buttonholes! This really went together well, I only ripped one seam Really, it is a nice pattern. If I get to take the young lady I made this dress for to Disney, I will be making a wardrobe of Disney clothes for her.

Mary
Love the fabric that you used.

Quote:
Cinderella custom...I declare it finished even though I didn't applique on the skirt.

The top is from the summer 2005 Ottobre issue. I've been dying to make this one for awhile. The skirt, of course, is Insa.
It looks great to me! And love those princesses on your outfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymom1218 View Post
I did not make the bag but this was one of my first patterns here is what I made.

Cute and love the twirl factor.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: