Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
NoNameNecessary
Earning My Ears

Affordable off-site hotel with suites?

I really prefer to just stay off site, not in a Disney hotel. I was wondering if some of you can recommend an affordable hotel with suites. There's only 3 of us (hubby, me, and will-be-10 year old) going but when I vacation, I really like to have SPACE at the end of the day.

I would like to find one with a nice pool, with easy access to Disney. I'm open to condo rental as well.
NoNameNecessary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
Plum85
Mouseketeer

Have you tried vista cay? I stayed there last year, we paid $950 for a two bedroom apartment with a full kitchen and in room laundry facilities and a balcony overlooking the pool. The master bedroom has an en suite and the second bedroom has it's own bathroom. Big living space and three tvs! I'd highly recommend it, the club house is stunning, two pools and in a great location near the convention centre.
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2012, 02:54 PM   #3
Spunky946
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at the Hilton grand vacations club at Sea world. It's a beautiful hotel and inexpensive. We were looking for this fall and some nights it's under $100. for the week we are looking at in Dec it is $134 with a triple a discount. We are hoping it goes down for then or for February.
Spunky946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
mercydisney
Is it on sale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky946 View Post
We have stayed at the Hilton grand vacations club at Sea world. It's a beautiful hotel and inexpensive. We were looking for this fall and some nights it's under $100. for the week we are looking at in Dec it is $134 with a triple a discount. We are hoping it goes down for then or for February.
WOW! How can I get a triple discount?
mercydisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:36 PM   #5
Straitlover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercydisney View Post
WOW! How can I get a triple discount?
I believe they meant they got a AAA discount (ie triple a).

Really close at Downtown Disney there is Buena Vista Suites, Doubletree Suites and I think Buena Vista Palace has suites. Mousesavers.com usually has some kind of discount for one or more of them.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:30 PM   #6
aubreysmom09
Mouseketeer

We rented a townhouse in April, and it was really clean. The unit was nicely decorated, and had its own hot tub, we paid $89/night, but price varies depending on season. The owner Clement responds quickly and our deposit was returned quickly. Our unit was maybe 6 miles away from Disney, but he has places closer also. It was nice to have a kitchen. Not that I cooked but I could reheat leftovers, and have a decent breakfast. I also think it made D2 more comfortable. Also had a washer and dryer. We stayed in Coral Cay #2. 5 adults and DD. it was so large 1 room wasn't used. My parents and grandma came. My mom is disabled, and needed a downstairs room. It worked really well.

http://www.sweethomevacation.com/
Old 07-31-2012, 07:31 PM   #7
aubreysmom09
Mouseketeer

Also wanted to add that the community also had a pool.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:54 PM   #8
Spunky946
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitlover View Post

Really close at Downtown Disney there is Buena Vista Suites, Doubletree Suites and I think Buena Vista Palace has suites. Mousesavers.com usually has some kind of discount for one or more of them.

Yes a AAA. Discount. Sorry.
Spunky946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:18 PM   #9
disneywithfive
Mouseketeer

Blue Heron Beach Resort
Old 07-31-2012, 09:43 PM   #10
Jenny3
DIS Veteran

The Point Orlando Resort. They have Studios, 1 Bed and 2 Bed Suites and are very reasonable! They have a Fall Deal right now where you can get the Studio rate for a 1 Bedroom at $89/night. Great reviews on Trip Advisor as well.

Nov 2012 - IA & US Orlando, SW, DC
Dec 2011 - WDW, Boardwalk Villas
Feb 2004 - WDW, IOA, Fort Wilderness Cabins
April 2000 - DL & US Hollywood

Last edited by Jenny3; 08-01-2012 at 05:54 AM.
Jenny3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #11
mercydisney
Is it on sale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitlover View Post

thanks! I thought I could get another inside trick from Disboards on getting the best for my money.
mercydisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #12
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Marriott Courtyard Lake Buena Vista (Not the one in the Marriott village) has two room suites. Beds in one room, living room with fold out sofa bed and kitchenette in the other. You can often get this pretty cheap and the pool is nice.

Shearton Lake Buena Vista has the same type of set up but a little higher priced after their remodel.

Both of these are VERY close to DTD and an easy commute (get the hotel to tell you the 'back door' route! )

There are lots of options. But check because some suites don't have "doors" For example I am in a Spring Hill suites this week. It's very nice but there's no door just a half wall between the living and the sleeping area. Since I am solo that's not a problem at all.

The Residence Inn also generally has 1 bedroom suites. (The studio suites are nice but again no door!)
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #13
disneysteve
You have to enjoy life, not go around worrying about what other people think

By all means, forget hotels and rent a condo or house. We go every year and rent. In fact, we're leaving next Thursday and staying at a 3-bedroom townhouse in Windsor Palms. Three bedrooms, three bathrooms, full kitchen, washer and dryer, private pool, living room, big screen TV, game system, DVDs, all kinds of space. We've rented there a couple of other times and have also rented condos in the same development. You can rent a house for less than the price of a hotel room. About $100/night gets you a great place. You can get a condo for less than that.
Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?

Me, DW, DD and MIL with cast of Festival of the Lion King, 11/10/06
disneysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #14
aubreysmom09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysteve
By all means, forget hotels and rent a condo or house. We go every year and rent. In fact, we're leaving next Thursday and staying at a 3-bedroom townhouse in Windsor Palms. Three bedrooms, three bathrooms, full kitchen, washer and dryer, private pool, living room, big screen TV, game system, DVDs, all kinds of space. We've rented there a couple of other times and have also rented condos in the same development. You can rent a house for less than the price of a hotel room. About $100/night gets you a great place. You can get a condo for less than that.
I agree. Our townhouse was great. We have a room booked during FD at Disney, but we still may choose a house instead.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #15
sarmat1
Mouseketeer

Embassy Suites - Lake Buena Vista. We stayed there last year. Free full breakfast every morning (including made to order omelettes) and free reception each night (i.e. alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks with snacks). Easy drive to DTD and all parks.
sarmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote