DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #1
parlay
Mouseketeer

On-line Kidani check-in request, Pembe savannah view? for a Standard view?

I just did on-line check-in for the very first time. We have a 2 bedroom standard view at Kidani. I was hoping that the on-line check-in would give me an option to request a "pool" view -but the only option that was in the special request box was a "Pembe Savannah view". Now I see that this view is next to the pool - and this view would be just fine with me BUT I don't want to see that the point total for this trip has changed because of a Savannah view. Anyone have any experience with this request? Is this Pembe Savannah view actually a "Standard" view?

parlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

If you reserved a standard view then those are the points you will be charged. On-line check-in can't change the category of room you have booked.

Some of the standards in Kidani have somewhat a view of the Pembe savannah given their location but aren't classified as savannah view given that they aren't full views of the savannah. If you were to get one of those units you might also have a pool view.
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014

Last edited by HayGan; 07-30-2012 at 12:23 PM.
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
LisaS
DIS Veteran

There is another section with reclassified Savanna Views that face a very narrow strip of Pembe. I haven't stayed in one of those rooms but did go take a look out the viewing window in the hallway that faces that section of Pembe. I don't think you can see the pool from that area. Your view straight out from the balcony will be 50 feet of savanna, then a fence and then a hillside. Out to the left or right of your balcony you might see a bit of the wider portion of Pembe.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
jbdisneymom13
Disney Addict

We were in one of the 2 beds with a narrow pembe view as a standard room. This was a great spot. We saw many animals frequently and on NYE could see fireworks from 2 parks from balcony. We were very pleased to randomly get this spot for only standard view pts.

Trips
POR Dec 2003
CBR July 2005
POFQ Dec 2008
POR / OKW Aug 2009
BLT January 2010
AKL Jambo July 2010
POR / BCV and Disney Dream cruise Feb 2011
AKL Kidani Dec 2011
DCL Magic NYC to Canada cruise June 2012
jbdisneymom13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread