DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
Coral916
Earning My Ears

What to do with our groceries

We are getting ready for 2 weeks in WDW!! the 1st week off property at a time share and then moving to the Treehouses ... We have to check out off property by 10am, and I don't count on our Treehouse being ready until after 4pm.....if we have cold/frozen groceries, does bell services have a place to store em? Or should I just make sure I use em all up & then buy more when we move on property? There are 9 adults going, so we are buying at Sam's Club, I really don't want to go back and buy more 1/2 way through our vacation.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #2
iluveeyore
DVC Member - Disney is my second home!

You will have no problem storing your frozen/fridge items with Bell Services. So buy all you need once, and hakuna matata!

iluveeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Bell Services can store your cold items but if it was us, we would try to use up as much as possible and buy fresh. You should save bags to pack the items in, separating cold from frozen from unrefrigerated items. Bring a black marker to mark the bags with your name and how you want them stored.

Once they take your stuff, there is no guarantee that it will be handled correctly and that the correct bag goes to the correct place.

I have been in the luggage room and it is a active place with luggage, bags, and people coming and going.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #4
dzorn
DIS Addict

I find the reusable grocery bags work much better than plastic.

Denise in MI
Off Site, SSR 2014 (with the Marching Band), ASMu,AKV, BLT Aug/Sept 2012, AKV April 2012, BCV/AKV November 2011, BB April 2011, CBR,BCV,BWV Aug/Sept 2010, ASMu,VWL Nov 2009, CSR September 2009, AKV August 2009, CSR April 09 ,AKV/VWL/OKW Feb 09, TL April 08, DCL January 08, POR August 2007, POR May 2006, ASMo May 2005

dzorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #5
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

My vote would be to plan on doing two shopping trips. With our two week trips we always find ourselves returning to the grocery store at least once (if not more) to get additional perishable items. We have moved perishable items with bell services but quite honestly it was a pain packing them all up. Also, there is no guarantee how long it will take them to refrigerate them after you give them to them.
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: