Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2012, 07:07 PM   #616
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Enjoy your DIS meet!

I've never had breakfast at Boma-just dinner. That juice looks a lot like the juice at 'Ohana. I love that juice. Is it the same?

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 07-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #617
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

It sounds like both you and Mark NEED this Dis Meet! Like you said, it's not Disney but it'll feel like a touch of Disney since you'll be dining with others who are Disney fanatics.

Your "do nothing" days sounds wonderful! You know that we like to work some of those days into our vacation as well.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #618
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
how fun you have a DIS meet to look forward too next weekend!

love the photos of Christopher and Ana!
I can't wait to see Barry and family; aren't Christopher and Ana adorable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I just saw that you're going to be meeting up with Barry this weekend. I'm sorry.
Okay...I'm done laughing now...that was just downright mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Enjoy your Dis meet!

Sounds like a great relaxing day off from the parks.
Thanks, Tink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
Day five sounds lovely!!! say hi to my giraffes too
hope you can get your ADR at Cape May!
I will tell the giraffes you said hello. I was able to get an ADR for Cape May...but NOT until 8 p.m.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
They are adorable! No doubt about it.

They are, aren't they?

Love the rest day with lots of Boma and lots of pool time. I drank so much of that juice the last time I was there I actually apologized to the server. I was soooooooo thirsty from being in the park for a couple hours before arriving. Yum!
That juice is just to die for. Good thing we're not going to a park after that breakfast as I'd have to stop for the potty every 20 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
What fun! A dismeet!!! (btw, what cute kids )

Day 5 looks like it will be a wonderful one. little touch of Disney food with some relaxation, EXCELLENT!
I love my DISmeets.

I am looking forward to a "relaxing" day.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #619
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Yay, so cool you have a DIS meet to look forward to!

And your plans for your nothing day sound awesome! I LOVE Boma so much, that juice is amazing! Lounging around OKW sounds perfect, and then dinner at DTD will be fun! I hope you can get into Cape May though, you know how much Brandon and I love it there!
It will be fun see Barry and Evan again, and meeting the rest of the family.

I was able to get Cape May as I mentioned above...but will keep trying to look for an earlier slot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
He does need the time away.... so do you.

I always need time away...office drives me nuts; but he has had a rough two months and he needs to get away from it all.

AWESOME MEET!!!! Don't believe anything Barry says about me. It isn't true.

I think our last DIS meet is when Barry told me all the bad stuff about you.

errrrrr.... woops.

You are forgiven.

Once again, thank you so much Kathy & Mark for the great gifts for the kids. Christopher cannot have too much Mickey stuff. I need to post a picture of his birthday invitations... I think people think we are crazy with all this Disney /Mickey stuff. I know Juliana will love shopping with her gift card in Disney.
Our pleasure (I told you, until we have grandchildren we can spoil, I'm spoiling my adopted "grandbabies" -- Ana, Christopher, Avery and Cayley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Nothing like a Dis-meet to hold you over until you get down to Florida! Glad you're getting away....you both sure do need that!

Love a nothing day! I think we all need at least one of those when we're on vacation! Our's usually end up by the pool after our breakfast at Boma!!
You are right, Queen; this meet will hold us over for the next six weeks.

Great minds think alike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Awww....such cute kids!!

The DIS meet sounds like a lot of fun & something y'all definitely need.

You day of nothing sounds great! One of these years I really need to schedule us a day of nothing. I hope you're able to get the Cape May ADR.
Those two kids of "that's nice" are adorable (take after their mom!).

I can't wait to go to the Milwaukee Zoo (they have elephants which neither of the Chicago zoos do, and it is Mark's favorite animal) and looking forward to joining Barry and family.

I'll let you know what I think of our day of "nothing" after we do it. Cape May secured...now I just need to secure it earlier for us old folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
September 1-9, so I'm missing you by about a week I haven't started a PTR yet, I want to, but just haven't gotten around to it. Not alot on my plate today though and it's going to be blistering hot again, so maybe today is the day

DISmeets are the best!

Love your day 5 plans, or non plans Boma is hands down my favorite breakfast. And that juice? Oh so yummy!!

Keep checking back on Cape May Cafe, since it is one of the restaurants with the $10 fee for no shows I bet something will open up as the day gets closer, I'd even call and check the day before while you are down there if you haven't gotten anything yet.
Six days is all we are missing you by?????

I saw you started your PTR.

I did get Cape May, and will keep checking for an earlier time as we get closer.

That juice just blows me away.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #620
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Day 5 looks great!! Sounds like a very relaxing day for you and your honey.

Mackie and I are are planning a down day on our trip too, she's the one to actually request it. I think I've worn the girl out on previous trips.

Last trip I had some issues with swelling in my legs and that horrible rash that people complain about when they go to tropical climates.
So I took a day off and put my feet and legs up to get the swelling down before going back out to the parks the next day. Drooooove me crazy! I didn't like being down but Mackenzie loved sleeping in and staying in the room for part of the day. We ended up going to DTD around 2 or so and just strolled around after having a some what late lunch at WGPE.
Probably one of my favorite places to eat when on property.

Eating at BOMA for breakfast is top on my list this next trip, Mackenzie is all over the idea of eating scrambled eggs with goat cheese in them.
I'll leave them for her, I can't stand goat cheese, no matter how many times I try it I always wind up thinking it tastes like the equivalent of licking the back of a goat.

I will certainly have try this juice y'all keep raving about, sounds yummy!

Anxious to hear about the meet!!
Goat cheese? UGH! Not a fan at all. I think Mark will really appreciate having a "relaxing" day after the last two months with his family and all the baseball he has done since April. The juice is great (and I don't normally drink juice, but I could drink this all day).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Enjoy your DIS meet!

I've never had breakfast at Boma-just dinner. That juice looks a lot like the juice at 'Ohana. I love that juice. Is it the same?
I don't know if it's the same (I think I read where it is very similar) as I've never been to Ohana for breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
It sounds like both you and Mark NEED this Dis Meet! Like you said, it's not Disney but it'll feel like a touch of Disney since you'll be dining with others who are Disney fanatics.

Your "do nothing" days sounds wonderful! You know that we like to work some of those days into our vacation as well.
The meet will be fun (which reminds me, I have to get to the store and pick up a few little things for the kids).

With the exception of last year when we stayed at AKL for two nights before doing the parks, this will be the first time we've had a "nothing" day ALL day. We'll see how that goes.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #621
KatMark
DIS Veteran

December Update

I've not talked about this trip in awhile, so I thought I'd give you a little update on it (since my "sister" says although she likes my FIRST ticker, she really "loves" my second ticker ).

I've not booked our airline tickets yet, but will do so as soon as we know whether Andy has a fall teaching job (which is NOT looking too promising). If he doesn't secure a job, he and Des will be joining us. We are looking at a 9:30 flight which gets us to Orlando around 1:15 or so. We'll take the ME to the Coronado, check in and walk around the resort (may even stop at the hot tub and have a drink).

Then we will meet Nicki and Todd at Beaches & Cream for dinner. Obviously, Mark doesn't even know about the trip, and we're not telling him Todd and Nicki will be there until we walk into dinner and see them there. I know this is going to make him super happy. He loves these guys so much.

The next morning, Friday, we have no breakfast plans. We will be heading to Epcot and Nicki has made ADR's at Chefs de France (a first for Mark and I and Andy); then we will go over to the Studios for the Osborne Lights and then we are having Mark's special 60th birthday dinner at the Yachtsman at 8:30 p.m.

Up next, Day Six Plans
Old 07-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #622
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Hey Sista! I thought we were going to meet you at the Dolphin and sneak up on Romeo while you guys are ogling the Xmas tree...and then Todd and I were gonna flash him...you know with our customized shirts we havent decided on yet lol!
Old 07-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #623
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Hey Sista! I thought we were going to meet you at the Dolphin and sneak up on Romeo while you guys are ogling the Xmas tree...and then Todd and I were gonna flash him...you know with our customized shirts we havent decided on yet lol!
Yep, you are right...Dolphin and then over to Beach Club. And no flashing my husband...you might give him a heart attack. We'll have to work on those "shirts" while we are together in 54 days.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #624
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

sounds like a fun way to celebrate Mark's birthday....well all except the flashing

Old 07-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #625
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I can't believe our trip is now just 50 days away. Mark so needs a vacation with all that is going on with his ENTIRE family.

We are going to have a DIS meet next week, so it will feel a little bit like Disney even though it is not at Disney.

Last year, I met FreezinRafiki (Barry and his son Evan, along with Captain_Oblivious and his two sons) here in Chicago when they were visiting. I didn't get to meet the slightly more important parts of their family...the women. But we are about to remedy that. Mark and I are going to the Milwaukee Zoo next Saturday (baseball ends this weekend) to get him away from everything here. Barry and his family live near Milwaukee, and we are going to meet Bambi (his beautiful wife), daughter Madison, the new addition to the family -- Ryder, and see Barry and Evan (my Mark did not meet them when they were in Chicago). We can't wait to hook up with some old friends again.

A picture from our DIS meet last year (Barry and Evan are sitting next to me):

Just catching up with all my friends' TR threads after vacation, and I saw this lovely picture here...

I remember how much you raved about my t-shirt. Couldn't stop going on and on about how much you loved it.

Anyway, I'm glad you'll get to see Barry and family again! Don't tell him I said this, but they're super-awesome.

Of course, you are too, so you probably already knew that.

And I agree--you guys really need a vacation!
Old 07-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #626
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've not talked about this trip in awhile, so I thought I'd give you a little update on it (since my "sister" says although she likes my FIRST ticker, she really "loves" my second ticker ).

I've not booked our airline tickets yet, but will do so as soon as we know whether Andy has a fall teaching job (which is NOT looking too promising). If he doesn't secure a job, he and Des will be joining us. We are looking at a 9:30 flight which gets us to Orlando around 1:15 or so. We'll take the ME to the Coronado, check in and walk around the resort (may even stop at the hot tub and have a drink).

Then we will meet Nicki and Todd at Beaches & Cream for dinner. Obviously, Mark doesn't even know about the trip, and we're not telling him Todd and Nicki will be there until we walk into dinner and see them there. I know this is going to make him super happy. He loves these guys so much.

The next morning, Friday, we have no breakfast plans. We will be heading to Epcot and Nicki has made ADR's at Chefs de France (a first for Mark and I and Andy); then we will go over to the Studios for the Osborne Lights and then we are having Mark's special 60th birthday dinner at the Yachtsman at 8:30 p.m.

Up next, Day Six Plans
This sounds like a totally great day, surprises and all!!

You and Mark really do deserve a great couple of trips with all that you're going through.

I just hope one of these days we get to run into one another!!

I almost went in Dec. last year for my 20th anniv., but I decided better when my mom was diagnosed. It just didn't seem like the right time to go, not sure I'd want to go in Dec., too much risk of it being cold and the parks close early.
I think I'm gonna have to stick to my Flower and Garden Festival and hopefully an Oct. trip some times soon with Pat and my boy.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #628
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Love your December update! Sounds like a great way to start the trip!

Mark is going to be so surprised!

And y'all have some great restaurants already picked out!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:51 PM   #629
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:

Up next, Day Six Plans
Ooooooooohhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a great plan!!!! I hope when you find tix they are cheap.

Quote:
Yep, you are right...Dolphin and then over to Beach Club. And no flashing my husband...you might give him a heart attack. We'll have to work on those "shirts" while we are together in 54 days.
I knew you guys were close but
Old 07-31-2012, 06:12 AM   #630
lovealldisney
Lover of all things Disney!

Kathy,

Enjoy your day at the zoo! My DD and I were there last week Wednesday (Milwaukee County Residents get in for half price on Wed. ) We were there early, it was a good time to go ALL the animals were out and really active!

Have a fun DIS meet!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: