Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2012, 08:08 AM   #2536
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Oh I am glad that it seems that Anakin is improving. Good!

I understand the blahs. I have been having them too. Maybe it is the summer weather? I think Disney withdrawal sounds totally logical!
Sorry you are having the blahs.

It's been 10 days since last time at Disney. We are thinking about heading over for lunch if Anakin is ok. His cough is much better, but he had a seizure last night, so we will play it by ear.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #2537
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post

It's been 10 days since last time at Disney. We are thinking about heading over for lunch if Anakin is ok. His cough is much better, but he had a seizure last night, so we will play it by ear.
No! No! No! No! No! Poor Anakin! He's been seizure free for so long.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #2538
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear that Anakin's cough is better, but sorry to hear he had a seizure.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:31 PM   #2539
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:

I am sorry to hear that Anakin had a seizure last night. It's good that his cough is better. I hope you ended up having lunch at Disney.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:35 AM   #2540
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
No! No! No! No! No! Poor Anakin! He's been seizure free for so long.
I know! It was such a let down that he had a seizure, but such a blessing that he went this long without one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Glad to hear that Anakin's cough is better, but sorry to hear he had a seizure.
Thanks. I'm not sure if it's time helping his cough or the antibiotic? (The ped did give us a prescription for the antibiotic the first visit to her, but she said it wasn't going to work on the 2nd visit.) It's been slow going with the cough and lingering.

Quote:
I am sorry to hear that Anakin had a seizure last night. It's good that his cough is better. I hope you ended up having lunch at Disney.
He only woke up around 11am, so we didn't make it for lunch. I had finished Kingdom Keepers II, so we make a quick run to AoA for supper and looked for the book there. It wasn't there, so I ran into WoD after we ate and bought books III and IV. Then we headed home. I will have a dining report and pics of the Cars section to post. The Cars section was absolutely amazing!
Old 07-31-2012, 06:43 AM   #2541
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Sorry about the seizure...maybe the next on (praying there is not one) will be even farther apart from this one!

We can't even seem to get through the 1st Kingdom Keepers...we get so busy at night and then it seems like bedtime sneaks up and I am too worn out from the day.

Looking forward to seeing the CARS section!
Old 07-31-2012, 02:27 PM   #2542
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Oh I can hardly wait to see. Carsland in DCA is on of the main things I am looking forward to in out November visit.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #2543
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

Wow, he has been doing so good for so long!! Glad his cough is better!! Eager to see the new AoA!!

Old 08-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #2544
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Sorry about the seizure...maybe the next on (praying there is not one) will be even farther apart from this one!

We can't even seem to get through the 1st Kingdom Keepers...we get so busy at night and then it seems like bedtime sneaks up and I am too worn out from the day.

Looking forward to seeing the CARS section!
So far so good since! He's had some myoclonic twitching in his sleep, but nothing more.

Quote:
Oh I can hardly wait to see. Carsland in DCA is on of the main things I am looking forward to in out November visit.
I'm so excited for you and your family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncycat View Post
Wow, he has been doing so good for so long!! Glad his cough is better!! Eager to see the new AoA!!
How long til you come back to FL to visit? Have you been to DLR yet? How many hours away is it?
Old 08-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #2545
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights

Woah, didn't realize you were still updating over here, subbing in, going back to read all I've missed!

professional DIS threads lurker
Old 08-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #2546
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights

Quote:
Princess Merida M&G

The coloring table from the Rapunzel M&G is still there, with pictures from the movie Brave to color. There is also a target and bow and arrow in that area, which is a huge hit!

If you have a w/c or are unable to go down steps, the entrance that everyone uses to get to Merida will also be your way to exit after meeting her. Otherwise, there are steps to the coloring area when you exit.

There are tapestries as decorations all around. There is a cart where pictures are taken. In the cart is a target and the three brothers as bears. The bears move and laugh!

Found this merchandise in one of the stores on Main St.

Anakin loved the brother/bear!! It folds inside and outside. One way it's a brother, the other way it's a bear! Very cute!!

The meet and greet sounds very well done! I enjoyed brave too, I have reddish hair, and Merida sure sounds like my name, so it was neat! I'm loving the well-themed M&G's Disney is doing these days! And that stuffed animal is a really clever idea!

Quote:
Crystal Palace (Lunch)

I'm so glad we decided to give the CP another go of it! We had the most magical dining experience!

We decided to wait for Pooh before we went up for food. Anakin asked for Dh's phone and put on some Star Wars music. Pooh came up and began to jam to the tune! This made Anakin silly. They posed for a picture.

And totally out of the blue, Anakin points and yells, "honey." We along with Pooh and everyone else near us looks where Anakin is pointing. He starts laughing and getting silly, then announces, "I'm just kidding!" He got ALL of us good!

Just like the first time we sat down, a character was there as soon as we started eating!!

That's 3 characters down before we even got to dessert!! Oops make that 4, here comes Eeyore!!

3 minutes after Eeyore, Piglet comes back!!!

Piglet likes Star Wars music too!

We paid our bill. Eeyore was only a couple tables away, but we decided not to wait. Our bellies were full. We were happy. This was one of the best experiences we had at the Crystal Palaces. Never had the characters come around this many times!! It was very magical!!

Wow, what a magical dining experience, it sounds wonderful! Anakin's smile just says it all, love that he played Star Wars music and pranked Pooh! I love his sense of humor!

Quote:
I also wanted to share that in the evenings we have been doing some of Anakin's school work. He just started the 2nd grade Abeka curriculum. He has been seizure free since late at night on June 10th. I am amazed at the improvements he has made since being seizure free. Back in May he had very little concept of boundaries, and terrible control of his pencil. This past week he is able to understand boundaries and control his pencil!! Here's a sample!!

His handwriting looks great! Glad to hear he is doing well in his schoolwork, I can imagine how frustrating it must be for him! Praying that he stays seizure-free as long as possible so he can continue to make strides.

Quote:

We sure appreciate the continued prayers. I can't wait to say a month seizure free! We are convinced that diet has alot to do with it. He has been eating grilled chicken instead of chicken nuggets and not eating much pizza. Perhaps if he went to a completely gluten free diet? He also isn't drinking as many juice boxes. After all we read about arsenic in them we cut him down to one juice box a day. Can't wait til we can squeeze our own oranges! He has only been drinking water, milk or orange juice. He was Vitamin D deficient so maybe his D levels back up are making the difference too?
Apparently more and more studies are showing the bad effects of gluten. I am supposed to go gluten-free to help with my symptoms, I've tried it several times, but I'm a picky eater and my carbs! So I can't seem to pull off the gluten-free diet, but it sure does have great health benefits if you can! Diet makes a world of difference whatever your medical concerns are, period!

Quote:
Back tracking to June 6th...

We just had to check out the Art of Animation resort!! After reading the Disney Food Blog, I ended up with the hugest craving for the surf and turf burger! It was raining. We don't need sunshine to eat, so off we went to enjoy dinner at Landscape's of Flavor.
This is the food report I posted on the AoA thread + pictures that I didn't post.

What an amazing resort!! I had promised a poster on here that I would report back on how dining went with our son who has ASD.

The resort is beautiful!! None of the pictures do it justice. The pictures are amazing, but in person the resort is that much more incredible!!

You have fully convinced me to stay at AoA, don't want to quote all the pictures, but what a gorgeous resort! Just sent a text to my dad saying I need a Disney fix, really hoping to take a trip this spring and stay at AoA. IT!

All caught up!

professional DIS threads lurker
Old 08-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #2547
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

Not been to DL yet....itching to go tho LOL Next time back in Fl is for my 40th birthday, Jan 2014. Working on that trip, as I'm gonna have 13 people staying in 2 rooms at BCV. Gonna book room only, then when the discounts come out, change it to a package. So I got a while. I'm sure I'll put it on FB when we do go to DL. I'm hoping soon, even if for just one day!! LOL

Old 08-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #2548
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonostalgia View Post
The meet and greet sounds very well done! I enjoyed brave too, I have reddish hair, and Merida sure sounds like my name, so it was neat! I'm loving the well-themed M&G's Disney is doing these days! And that stuffed animal is a really clever idea!

Hope you get a chance to meet her!

Wow, what a magical dining experience, it sounds wonderful! Anakin's smile just says it all, love that he played Star Wars music and pranked Pooh! I love his sense of humor!

This was his second ever character meal. He was two the last time we were here. And he remembered it, well, he remembered a certain dessert.

His handwriting looks great! Glad to hear he is doing well in his schoolwork, I can imagine how frustrating it must be for him! Praying that he stays seizure-free as long as possible so he can continue to make strides.

Appreciate the prayer!

Apparently more and more studies are showing the bad effects of gluten. I am supposed to go gluten-free to help with my symptoms, I've tried it several times, but I'm a picky eater and my carbs! So I can't seem to pull off the gluten-free diet, but it sure does have great health benefits if you can! Diet makes a world of difference whatever your medical concerns are, period!

Gluten and soy both.

You have fully convinced me to stay at AoA, don't want to quote all the pictures, but what a gorgeous resort! Just sent a text to my dad saying I need a Disney fix, really hoping to take a trip this spring and stay at AoA. IT!

All caught up!
That would be great if your family could take a trip to wdw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncycat View Post
Not been to DL yet....itching to go tho LOL Next time back in Fl is for my 40th birthday, Jan 2014. Working on that trip, as I'm gonna have 13 people staying in 2 rooms at BCV. Gonna book room only, then when the discounts come out, change it to a package. So I got a while. I'm sure I'll put it on FB when we do go to DL. I'm hoping soon, even if for just one day!! LOL
Sounds like a big birthday bash!!
Old 08-14-2012, 05:30 PM   #2549
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

How on earth did I miss an entire TR from you? I remember you picking out titles but somehow after that I became clueless!

Goo says he missed Anakin...we were just looking at your CP pictures.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #2550
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
How on earth did I miss an entire TR from you? I remember you picking out titles but somehow after that I became clueless!

Goo says he missed Anakin...we were just looking at your CP pictures.
Lol, I don't know. The title was The Force is Strong in this One. The link is in my siggie. There is an index in the 2nd post. Happy reading!

Tell you family we say hello! Anakin says hey Goo!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: