Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2012, 05:28 PM   #1426
Jen24
Mouseketeer

Still hoping but did break down and get on a wait list for the Royal Princess WBTA. No guarantee we will get that one either. Come on DCL!
Jen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #1427
sssteele
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen24 View Post
Still hoping but did break down and get on a wait list for the Royal Princess WBTA. No guarantee we will get that one either. Come on DCL!
DH and I are booked on that cruise. Really looking forward to our 1st TA.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2012, 07:22 AM   #1428
Jen24
Mouseketeer

We did the DCL EBTA in 2010 and loved all those sea days. Will you stick with this cruise if DCL does a westbound? Did you get a real reservation or are you on the wait list too? We were number 55 on the wait list a week ago.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #1429
sssteele
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We did the DCL EBTA in 2010 and loved all those sea days. Will you stick with this cruise if DCL does a westbound? Did you get a real reservation or are you on the wait list too? We were number 55 on the wait list a week ago.
We will stick with the Royal.

Booked B2B for a total of 30 or 31 nights, starting in Barcelona in one of their new deluxe balcony cabins. Now a guarantee and not in a hurry to get the cabin assignment.

Decided to book this one while sailing on the Crown for Easter. Glad we did it when we did.

I know there are people on CC who were on wait list, and are now booked. Seems some say they will take any of several categories, but not exactly sure how that works.

Good Luck! Perhaps we'll sail together after all.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:07 AM   #1430
sehandiph
Mouseketeer

Just been looking to book DCL Westbound Transatlantic for next year - now I am so disappointed to read that it isn't going to happen (if I am reading things right)

we did the Eastbound in 2011 and it was better than FAB - but would love to go the other way with the time difference.

Now I will have to rethink our plans - looks like its OKW instead

Shezzy
sehandiph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:02 AM   #1431
Jen24
Mouseketeer

There have been NO announcements either way by DCL. We are looking at alternatives but keeping an eye on DCL as well.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:18 AM   #1432
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There have been NO announcements either way by DCL. We are looking at alternatives but keeping an eye on DCL as well.
The Royal Princess has a great itinerary - unlike any of DCL's: http://www.princess.com/find/cruiseD...lterBy=&order=. In general, ALL of Princess's Transatlantic itineraries are very good. I was on the eastbound Emerald Princess in April 2011 from Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen.

Last edited by NancyIL; 07-31-2012 at 02:16 PM. Reason: wrong city!
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:53 PM   #1433
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

I think the best way to look at it is there probably won't be one but then every cloud has a silver lining! We can just hope a little pixie dust comes our way with some good news
JustAnnieNotHazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:25 AM   #1434
babydiver
Mouseketeer

STILL WISHING

STILL HOPING

COME ON DCL MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

7 nights Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2007 - 7 nights Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 2009 - 3 nights Disney Wonder Bahamas 2009 - 7 nights Disney Wonder Alaska 2011 - 14 nights Disney Magic WBTA 2011 - 7 night Disney Wonder Pacific 2012 (Gold at last!) - 7 night Disney Fantasy EC Jan 2013 - 12 nights Disney Magic Barcelona to Venice June 2014 - 14 nights Disney Magic WBTA Sept 2014 B2B 7 nights Disney Magic Southern Caribbean Sept 2014 -
14 nights Panama Canal May 2015 (Platinum at last) - 11 night Disney Magic WBTA Sept 2015.
babydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:34 AM   #1435
Piggeldy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We will ultimately be jumping ship and book a different TA (our tax return finally went through this week). I have to admit that - as there had been no clear/final annoncement - I still had some hope the WBTA might eventually happen but I think I have given up.

So Eclipse or Liberty otS it will be. Depending on DH and what he thinks he prefers.

Well, hopefully there will be a next time for us. However, that will totally depend on my biological clock and its ticking. If we really want to start a family 2014 it will be, I am not getting any younger, and I don't think I'd want to take a very young child on a TA, not even on Disney.
Piggeldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #1436
sssteele
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are you still keeping fingers crossed for Disney? Where are you now on the waitlist for the Royal? Would be great to have another Disney fan on that cruise.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #1437
Jen24
Mouseketeer

We haven't moved on the Royal wait list as far as we know. Still number 55. We were told there probably won't be any movement until closer to final payment. Do you know when that is due? I'm afraid we are giving up on DCL doing a TA next year.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #1438
sssteele
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We haven't moved on the Royal wait list as far as we know. Still number 55. We were told there probably won't be any movement until closer to final payment. Do you know when that is due? I'm afraid we are giving up on DCL doing a TA next year.
DH thinks our final payment is due May 30th., but didn't double check on that.

Joanie
Old 08-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #1439
Jen24
Mouseketeer

Thanks! Guess we will practice our patience. Hope we will get to cruise with you.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #1440
tojam
Tojam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggeldy View Post
We will ultimately be jumping ship and book a different TA (our tax return finally went through this week). I have to admit that - as there had been no clear/final annoncement - I still had some hope the WBTA might eventually happen but I think I have given up.

So Eclipse or Liberty otS it will be. Depending on DH and what he thinks he prefers.

Well, hopefully there will be a next time for us. However, that will totally depend on my biological clock and its ticking. If we really want to start a family 2014 it will be, I am not getting any younger, and I don't think I'd want to take a very young child on a TA, not even on Disney.
We did the WBTA with a 9 month old and it was awesome. As less children more time for them to play with characters. We ended up in the splash pool, right by the drink machines and ice cream all day! Best cruise ever!

NCL Dawn - Repositioning Apr 2014
NCL Getaway - Caribbean Mar 2014
RC Enchantment - Bahamas Feb 2014
Carnival Breeze - Southern Caribbean Jan 2014
Disney Fantasy - Caribbean 2013
RC Oasis of the Seas 2013
Carnival Glory - Caribbean December 2011
Dis Magic- Westbound Transatlantic-September 2011
NCL Jewel - Eastbound Transatlantic - May 2009
Dis Magic - Westbound Transatlantic - August 2007
RC Slendor - Bahamas - February 2007
tojam is offline   Reply With Quote