Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #46
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I love all of your pictures! You have some great shots of both your family & Beach Club.

I used to never really think that Beach Club that called to me. But, the more I see of it, the more I really want to stay there. It just looks really pretty.

I love the picture of Chris & Keith playing on the phones while waiting to be seated. That is so my husband. I swear one day I'm going to hide his phone from him.

Sounds like it was a very nice night & a great way to start off the vacation!

You can be an honorary Cajun!

I really liked the Beach Club! It seemed to be a very relaxing place! I always seemed to have a negative view of BC and I have no idea why! I am glad I had the chance to look around and stop thinking that way!!

I don't know what we would do without our phones...we joked we would have to actually spend quality time together!!

I love being an honorary cajun...thanks!! Now if I could just dance like one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Isn't the Beach Club gorgeous? I think it's knocked off the Poly for the #1 spot on my "dream resort" list. So Madison wants to stay there for her senior year trip huh? Is that a hint to why you were asking hypothetical ADR questions, because you really have my curiosity piqued with that!

It is beautiful!!! I loved it!! Madison's trip will be 2014 so I have a little time to think on that one! So far I have a meal in the castle, Fireworks Dessert Party, a spa day and La Nouba, oh and Be My Guest on the possible plans for that trip!! Can you tell I am a planner?! She has two friends who are possible tag alongs so I imagine they will be running around on their own a lot too! LOL Don't you love having a carrot dangled in front of you?

LOVE Cape May! I'm so glad that you guys enjoyed it too! That pic of Keith photographing his beer made me LOL. Such a stinker. Exactly something my DH would do.

OREO BON BONS!!!!! Aren't they heavenly??? I don't have much of a sweet tooth, especially for chocolate. However, I could eat those every day of my life. I love them!

It was soooo good!! I am glad we were able to work it into our plans! I will definitely plan a revisit. The oreo bon bons were delish!!!!

Fantastic pictures! I especially love the artsy ones from behind the tall grasses. Isn't having a new camera fun? Even more fun is having it at a place like Disney with so many great options for cool pictures!

Can't wait to hear more!
Thank you so much on the pictures! I loved having the chance to really play with my camera this trip! Of course as you saw Keith and Chris got tired of my playing around! I got some pictures I am really excited about and others that were a disappointment (at least a little bit) but I am loving the learning process!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patches07 View Post
I love all of your pictures!
Thank you so much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Tell Mario Andretti that he better slow it down! This past trip, we saw people pulled over by "The World Police". Actually, I don't know if it was Disney police or County police but they were pulling them over left and right.

Dinner at Cape May Cafe looks really good. I've looked at the menu a time or two but haven't seriously considered dining there. Maybe that needs to change.

I love all of the family pictures and pictures that you took around the Beach Club. The resort looks absolutely gorgeous!
He was more like a little kid playing and going vrooooooommmmm than speeding. The police were out in full force while we were there too! I have a friend whose husband brought home an unwanted souvenir a few years ago and we are so cautious when we drive....it was BIG BUCKS!!!! Speaking of which I saw on FB you are a criminal so I must get over to your TR to hear that tale!!

You need to try Cape May!! It really is worth a try!

Thanks on the pictures!! I was so pleased with a lot of them! (of course I can be impartial too since I took them! )
Old 07-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #47
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post

I love being an honorary cajun...thanks!! Now if I could just dance like one!

Now that I can't help you with....it's in the blood.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2012, 10:09 AM   #48
sherylcin
Mouseketeer

[QUOTELet's play a "what if" game!!

Let's say you have 5 dining credits and 4 are taken (Hoop Dee Doo, Biergarten, and San Angel Inn) and the 5th was to be Ohana but the times are ridiculously late.....Last meal of your trip....Important factors are atmosphere is unique and food isn't that dainty little barely fills your plate stuff!

What would you chose from the following and why?

A. The Wave
B. Whispering Canyon Cafe
C. Coral Reef
D. The Grand Floridian Cafe
E. House of Blues
F. Rose and Crown

EDIT : This would be a couple dinner!!

Don't hold back!!!
][/QUOTE]

Hmmmm.....tough choices! I would probably choose a late dinner at Rose and Crown while watching the fireworks at Epcot. It's not that the food is better there than the other choices but I LOVE the EPCOT fireworks and it's a great place to watch from! I would love that memory for my last night.

So glad you enjoyed Cape May and your pics of Beach Club are beautiful!! We did a family portrait package when we were there last year and sad to say it was too cool that day to take the babies outside so we ended up taking all the pics inside. They have some beautiful rooms in the DVC villa entrance area. BTW, if you seriously want to stay there for Madison's senior trip, you should look into renting DVC points. Totally worth it!! Have you ever walked around the other side of the Boardwalk? There are usually street performers and lots of stuff going on. That's where we rented the surrey bike and rode all the way around the lake. Fun! Can't wait to read about your first full vacation day!!
2008 - DVC Members! Animal Kingdom Villas/Boardwalk Villas; 2009 - Offsite at Marriott's Grande Vista; 2010 - Grand Californian Villas in Disneyland; 2011 - BLT and Beach Club; 2012 - Ashton's Surprise 13th BD Trip at POP; 2013-OKW and BC in January then Offsite for Thanksgiving at Sheraton Vistana Villages; 2014 - Offsite at Marriott's Cypress Harbour for quick unplanned surprise trip.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #49
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Now that I can't help you with....it's in the blood.
Well, my blood is definitely missing it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylcin View Post
[QUOTELet's play a "what if" game!!

Let's say you have 5 dining credits and 4 are taken (Hoop Dee Doo, Biergarten, and San Angel Inn) and the 5th was to be Ohana but the times are ridiculously late.....Last meal of your trip....Important factors are atmosphere is unique and food isn't that dainty little barely fills your plate stuff!

What would you chose from the following and why?

A. The Wave
B. Whispering Canyon Cafe
C. Coral Reef
D. The Grand Floridian Cafe
E. House of Blues
F. Rose and Crown

EDIT : This would be a couple dinner!!

Don't hold back!!!
]
Hmmmm.....tough choices! I would probably choose a late dinner at Rose and Crown while watching the fireworks at Epcot. It's not that the food is better there than the other choices but I LOVE the EPCOT fireworks and it's a great place to watch from! I would love that memory for my last night.

So glad you enjoyed Cape May and your pics of Beach Club are beautiful!! We did a family portrait package when we were there last year and sad to say it was too cool that day to take the babies outside so we ended up taking all the pics inside. They have some beautiful rooms in the DVC villa entrance area. BTW, if you seriously want to stay there for Madison's senior trip, you should look into renting DVC points. Totally worth it!! Have you ever walked around the other side of the Boardwalk? There are usually street performers and lots of stuff going on. That's where we rented the surrey bike and rode all the way around the lake. Fun! Can't wait to read about your first full vacation day!!
[/QUOTE]

I had thought about that with Rose and Crown and the fireworks. Keith actually enjoys Illuminations but not Wishes although i now know why he hates MK.....but that is to come later!!!

Renting points will defnitely be the route I take! I have David's Vacation rentals but if anyone knows other reputable places to rent DVC points, please let me know! I am trying to investigate now so I am ready when the time comes to rent and pay up!!

Getting portraits indoors at BC was probably still pretty but I can imagine how much you wanted to have some outdoors too! The grounds are beautiful!
Old 07-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #50
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Another option is to get a later ADR at Bistro de Paris and watch the fireworks from your table!

Quote:
Keith actually enjoys Illuminations but not Wishes although i now know why he hates MK.....but that is to come later!!!
Must be that purple (I purposely did not say maroon) MSU fever that makes him dislike MK!

Quote:
Renting points will defnitely be the route I take! I have David's Vacation rentals but if anyone knows other reputable places to rent DVC points, please let me know!
You can always peruse the DVC-Rent/Trade board here on the DISboards and rent directly from a DVC member.

Great BC pics! DW and I hope to stay there next year for F&W.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 07-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #51
whitemischief
Earning My Ears

Fantastic trip report!
Old 07-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #52
solana131
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in too! I was at FQ just after you (the 18th-23rd) and I'm missing it. You have some beautiful pictures of Beach Club, so I'm hoping you will have some great ones of POFQ too

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 07-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #53
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Another option is to get a later ADR at Bistro de Paris and watch the fireworks from your table!

I have actually thought of that one but it was a brief passing thought! Maybe it is one to investigate!

Must be that purple (I purposely did not say maroon) MSU fever that makes him dislike MK!

Sometimes it really does look more purple than maroon! : One day I will convince him completely...maybe!!

You can always peruse the DVC-Rent/Trade board here on the DISboards and rent directly from a DVC member.

Great BC pics! DW and I hope to stay there next year for F&W.
I will have to look up that board! Thanks on the pics!! BC is really pretty!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemischief View Post
Fantastic trip report!
Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
I'm joining in too! I was at FQ just after you (the 18th-23rd) and I'm missing it. You have some beautiful pictures of Beach Club, so I'm hoping you will have some great ones of POFQ too
Those are some of our original dates before bumping the trip up!! Thanks so much on the BC pics! I am about to post on POFQ check-in so you will get the first of many (many!!) pictures!
Old 07-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #54
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Checking In at POFQ July 8, 2012

Sunday, July 8

We were up and going pretty early (6am!) and eating breakfast by 7:15am. Breakfast was typical continental fare with scrambled eggs -- of which I did not partake since I am picky on my eggs but Keith said tasted like boiled eggs. He likes boiled eggs and proclaimed them good…I suppose if you like boiled eggs then these scrambled eggs will work for you! There was also waffles and sausage along with the cereals and pastries usually offered. I was disappointed that there were not any potatoes like we had in March. They were so good and I was hoping to feast on those!

A quick photo of the hotel before we move on:

After breakfast we head out and make our way to Port Orleans French Quarter! Going through the gates again!!

We arrive!!

I had already checked in online at the 10 day mark so everything was good to go! The girl checking us in was so sweet and friendly! She is in the College Program and is from Clemson University and we had a nice little chat. We were given our building and room number and at 7:45am the room was READY!!!!!!!!

So that is where the first change took place. Originally I wanted to check-in, head to Epcot and come back to unload the car once we received the “Your Room is Ready” text. Well, since it was ready, we decided to unload now and then we could have all day for whatever! We had one other thing I called “business” to take care of before the 9am Rope Drop at Epcot—activating the tickets we had picked up from Keesler AFB. Note I said Rope Drop was at 9am!!

To our room we head!! We get back to our car and drive around to the parking lot of Building 1.

When I did online check-in I had contemplated requesting a building but decided to leave it to the room assignment gods. The two buildings I did not want were Building 1 and Building 7….and we got Building 1!! Since POFQ is so small, that was the ultimate reason I chose not to worry with a request. In the end the room was in a great location view wise and it took 5 minutes to walk to the front lobby. It was not bad at all! Our room was supposed to be a Garden View. We did have a great view of the gardens plus a view of the Sassagoula River! Not too shabby!

Madison took over the camera at this point and took pictures in the room. Since this is one of the first times to really use my camera some pictures are good and some a little fuzzy….but you get the idea!!

We were on the 2nd floor, room #1236

Of course you have to get a picture of the Mickey head!!

And the angle on this makes the bed look so long and narrow! It really isn’t like this at all! The next picture shows the bed better!

The bathroom:

Some of the details Madison thought interesting (sorry for the fuzzies! )

We unload and do a little housekeeping before heading to the bus stop-like icing down the cooler!

Along the way more pictures thanks to Madison! These are from our doorway:

See...pretty good views!!!

Continued in the following post....
Old 07-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #55
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Continued from previous post....

And more various pictures thanks to Madison as we walk to the bus stop:

Okay, now I have to say that Madison constantly makes fun of me for taking pictures of everything...every little thing but did you just see all of the pictures I posted that Madison took!!! Yep, she has little room to talk! And I thought some were very good for her first try!!

We reach the bus stop and grab a bus fairly quickly.

Soon we are entering the gates of Epcot!!
Old 07-29-2012, 11:10 PM   #56
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

How awesome that your room was ready so early! Too bad about getting Building 1, but the views were amazing!

Love all of Madison's pics! They make me miss POFQ (I was actually just pricing FQ and CBR for next June! Fingers crossed!).

I hope you made rope drop!!
Old 07-30-2012, 12:00 AM   #57
amandaw
DIS Veteran

It's so exciting when your room is ready upon check-in!

Y'all had a lovely view! I enjoyed all of the pictures.

And for getting to spend the day at Epcot!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:46 AM   #58
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

As I was looking through the pictures in the update, I thought "Madison likes to make fun of her Mama for taking lots of pictures but look who takes after her Mama." and then you said almost the same thing.

The view from your room and the resort itself look so pretty!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #59
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
How awesome that your room was ready so early! Too bad about getting Building 1, but the views were amazing!

Love all of Madison's pics! They make me miss POFQ (I was actually just pricing FQ and CBR for next June! Fingers crossed!).

I hope you made rope drop!!
I was very excited about our room being ready! I was definitely NOT prepared for that so it was a happy beginning!! After I walked to the bus stop once I was totally good with the Building 1 location! So in the end it all worked out!

I love POFQ...and this trip really added my adoration for it! We will probably try something different next time though just to switch it up!

You'll have to see on Rope Drop....did we or did we not?????

Quote:
It's so exciting when your room is ready upon check-in!

Y'all had a lovely view! I enjoyed all of the pictures.

And for getting to spend the day at Epcot!
The room being ready was very cool!!!! And the view was nice! It was so peaceful! I will have to let Madison know she has received a on the pictures! Thanks!! I LOVE Epcot!!! So I was looking forward to the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
As I was looking through the pictures in the update, I thought "Madison likes to make fun of her Mama for taking lots of pictures but look who takes after her Mama." and then you said almost the same thing.

The view from your room and the resort itself look so pretty!
That is hilarious that you thought that! As she was snapping away I thought about teasing her but decided to wait and have lots of ammunition!! The resort is very pretty...I have tons of pictures to come in later posts!
Old 07-31-2012, 11:23 AM   #60
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Announcement!!!

I get to have Birthday at Disney World!!!!!!

I have to say I have the most amazing husband because I have a birthday in October and he is taking me to the Food and Wine Festival to celebrate!!! It will be a little after my birthday since we had to work around band, soccer and contests but who cares!! I am super excited!!!!!!

So now you all know why I played a "What if?" game!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: