Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #496
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Oh, Lia, you capture the essence of Disney so beautifully. I love it.
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 07-26-2012, 09:42 AM   #497
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

living with the land looks so cool at night. The fairy lights weren't on when we went to see it or if they were we didn't notice
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #498
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
You left France? After 4 hours? Wow, I can’t imagine having to leave the home of the awesome—and hot…-- CMs. That must have been awful for you. But you were going to EMH at MK, so it’s all good.

I haven’t seen the Country Bear Jamboree in AGES. I would like it though now since I’m nuts and crazy too. Sounds perfect for me!

That’s really too bad there was no rock and roll guy like last time on Splash…

I can’t wait to hear about part 2 of getting drunk on food! Awesome!
It was VERY hard to pull myself away, trust me!!!

Sounds like the attraction for you! I wouldn't say it's a must do on every trip, but it really is a lot of fun. Very weird fun.

I agree! I wonder where that guy is now. LOL.

Awesome, yes. Appropriate.... hmm not so much. LOL you'll see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmama3 View Post
Hi! Just joining this trip report, so I am totally not caught up- I read your earlier report and it was awesome! You are seriously hilarious and I cracked up the whole time I read it. Love your stories and pics.

This actually made me laugh out loud very loudly- I. do. this. haha!

Can't wait to read more!
Yay! Glad to have you on board! I'm so happy you enjoyed my previous TR. Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Oh, Lia, you capture the essence of Disney so beautifully. I love it.
That is a great compliment! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
living with the land looks so cool at night. The fairy lights weren't on when we went to see it or if they were we didn't notice
I agree! It was a beautiful new way to experience the ride!
Old 07-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #499
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

I just finally finished going through your McLovin's tr. I loved it!!! What a wonderful tr!! I could relate to it, because it's already been over a year since I have been there and I know I will be feeling the way you described when I FINALLY get back. Which is still like 16 months away. Anywho, the tr was very uplifting for me. This has been such a crazy rough year for me and the icing that was not on the cake I didn't have was/is no Disney trip. And your trip, both the tr and bonus updates about your next trip, was just like YES, sometimes it is VERY hard to get back, but luckily our home is always there ready to welcome us back and re-capture our hearts all over again. So thanks for that treat! I hope you are having a great day and I can't wait for a new update from your most recent trip!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 07-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #500
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I forgot everything I was going to say, so I'll just say that you make me laugh. And you're getting me so excited to do EMH at MK on Sunday!!!! (Lame comment of the year award, right here.)

-Marissa
Old 07-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #501
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
I just finally finished going through your McLovin's tr. I loved it!!! What a wonderful tr!! I could relate to it, because it's already been over a year since I have been there and I know I will be feeling the way you described when I FINALLY get back. Which is still like 16 months away. Anywho, the tr was very uplifting for me. This has been such a crazy rough year for me and the icing that was not on the cake I didn't have was/is no Disney trip. And your trip, both the tr and bonus updates about your next trip, was just like YES, sometimes it is VERY hard to get back, but luckily our home is always there ready to welcome us back and re-capture our hearts all over again. So thanks for that treat! I hope you are having a great day and I can't wait for a new update from your most recent trip!
Aww! Thank you so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed it and that it helped you feel better. Yeah, it's usually rough for me to get down to Disney, there are just so many factors. I'm happy that what we went through last year could help you out. And just think, when you finally get to go back, it will be THAT much more special because you had to wait so long. Hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I forgot everything I was going to say, so I'll just say that you make me laugh. And you're getting me so excited to do EMH at MK on Sunday!!!! (Lame comment of the year award, right here.)
Thank you! I'm happy I can make you laugh. AHH so so so jealous you are going so soon! HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 02:43 PM   #502
IadoreWDW
But why is the rum gone?

Hello Queen of the Polynesian

Sorry I fell back into lurkerdom again
But I am back!

Glad to see you got a new Timon! Big yays!

Sarah

WDW AsMu '97WDW AsMo '99WDW offsite '04WDW offsite '08 WDW offsite '10
WDW offsite '12

faithtrust&pixiedust
adreamisawishyourheartmakes

Old 07-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #503
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by IadoreWDW View Post
Hello Queen of the Polynesian

Sorry I fell back into lurkerdom again
But I am back!

Glad to see you got a new Timon! Big yays!

Sarah
Hello! Thanks for joining us again!

Yes! I can't wait to bring Hula Timon to Disney again...and hold onto him this time!
Old 07-29-2012, 06:04 AM   #504
__disneygirl

DECEMBER 11, 2011
Day 6, Part 5 In Which We Find New Ways To Be Drunk Without Alcohol

In 2010, I experienced a phenomena that I call being "Food Drunk".

It is a very rare occurrence that had never happened to me before and has not happened since. It is when eating too much food has the same effect on you as drinking too much alcohol. It was truly crazy, I never thought that could happen. I mean, it's not like that night at Boma was the first time I had stuffed myself silly. Quite the contrary. But I guess it was just something about being in Disney and the odd combination of foods that sent me into a drunken spiral.

I never expected this to happen again on this night at the Magic Kingdom, but that's the funny thing about being Food Drunk - you just really never know when it will hit you.

So as Wishes went on, we kept walking and found a great spot for the parade across from Casey's.

While my mom held our spot, I went to go get popcorn. Even though I was not hungry, I just can't sit on Main Street without Main Street Popcorn.

Because I am a sucker, I had to purchase the huge Mickey snowman container. I will ALWAYS buy these things. There is no reasoning with me. I just need them in my life.

I got back to our spot and sat down with my mom where we had a grand ol' time talking, laughing, and eating popcorn. I realized that what would go really well with this popcorn was Mickey Mouse Kid's Cones. You know from prior updates how much I LOVE these cones, and well, I may have already had a huge snowman full of popcorn and I may have already had ice cream twice that day, but look. You can't ask fish not to swim. You can't ask a bird not to fly. You can't ask me to sit outside of the plaza without eating a Mickey Mouse Kid's Cone!!!!!!!!!!

I asked my mom if she felt like having one and her reaction was so cute. She was like a child. Her eyes opened wide and she just nodded like "OH YES."

So, I ran into the Plaza to get us some Kid's cones, came back, sat down and ENJOYED. Oh man, were we having a great time. This is when things got silly.

I know, I know... you're thinking, "This is when things GOT silly? This whole TR is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read!"

Well, folks, that may be true. However, next we chose to drunkenly jeer at Cast Members. Now, when I say "drunkenly jeer" I don't mean we were literally drunk. We were not at all. Just on snacks. And when I say "jeer" I DO mean that. I mean, I don't usually use that word but that is what we were doing.

This is probably not going to sound funny to anyone else, but it was HILARIOUS to my mom & I, in the moment, at the time. Which is why I used the word "drunkenly", because you know how sometimes if you've had a few drinks everything is just so hilarious that you can't even stand it? This is how we felt. This is how I determined that instead of being drunk on alcohol, and instead of being food drunk like we were at Boma that one night, we were now Snack Drunk.

Now, being Snack Drunk is the same as being drunk on anything else, HOWEVER, there is a LOT more sugar involved which means there is a lot more energy and of course, a worse crash. But we weren't there yet. We were still in the "everything is hilarious and I think I'll jump up and down now for no reason" phase.

Keep in mind, that kid's cone was the third time I had eaten ice cream that day. THIRD.

I posted on Twitter:
This is the third time I am eating ice cream today. This is just how it goes at Disney.

Yup.

Ok. So, in respect to this CM's privacy, I'm not going to post his picture even though in my Snack Drunken state, I took about 300 of them. He was this adorable young CM who was working right in front of Casey's as a photopass photographer.

They kept announcing that the parade was about to start, but it went past the starting time and nothing was happening. They kept saying it would, and then it just wouldn't, which in itself was hilarious to us, but whatever. So we kept thinking that at any time, the parade was just going to SUDDENLY HAPPEN, and so we started yelling at the CM to get out of the way.

Yeah, I don't know either.

We were doing it in this way that only we and the people near us could really hear since we didn't want to actually taunt this Cast Member. We're not mean or anything, we're just goofy and stupid.

There was an old couple next to us who were CRACKING. UP. It was so funny. It just made us laugh even harder. I love that they got it! I mean, I thought we were being annoying but I guess we were providing a pretty good pre-show to the parade. We should be getting the phone call from Disney wanting to hire us any day now.

So then, besides just that guy, other CMs would walk into the street and we'd be like, "NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! GET OUT OF THE WAY! THERE'S A PARADE COMING! ANY MINUTE NOW! MOVE!!!!!!"

God knows how long this went on. I know we're idiots. I don't even. Let's move on.

So the parade actually did start and because of our warnings, no one was run over or injured in any way by the floats. WHEW. That was a close one.

For some reason, the way the parade is... I hardly remembered it being like that at all! I guess the music is what sticks with you. I was really excited to see it again because it's the parade I remember from my childhood, before they started doing Spectro. So it was a very nostalgic moment for me when I heard the music begin!

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST
Old 07-29-2012, 06:08 AM   #505
__disneygirl

Warning: Spoiler alert! (Aren't all TRs giant spoiler-packed stories about Disney though? LOL) I took a ton of parade pics, as usual. If you've never seen the MSEP, you may want to skip this so the first time you see it, it will be in person! Not that these pictures are all that great anyway, but this parade is different and cool and I was genuinely surprised by a lot of it since I didn't remember the details from my childhood trips seeing it. I guess my point is, Go to Disney World and see the parade!!!!!!

Ok let's move on.

Of everyone, they choose Goofy to drive the train? Don't they know his history of disastrous falls and accidents? I'm not sure he should be handling heavy machinery!

AWW! A wave straight from the big guy himself. <3

ALICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ljksdhfaklsfj

WHO R U ?

OMG so, the princess section is my favorite. The way they did this whole line-up of princesses is so beautiful and different from the rest of the parade!

CAPTAIN HOOK!!! Better let Peter take care of him!

Aww, there he is! All children grow up... except one.

SMEE! You have to love Smee. He is one of the FRUMPIEST characters of all time. Seriously. Plus I love how they did this with him just rowing along in a boat like in the movie instead of being on a float.

HEIGH HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I loved this part too! The jewels were so stunning, even prettier than the rest of the parade if you can believe it!

Pinocchio! Or as Jiminy calls him, Pinocc! Does that crack anyone else up?

The way they recreated the amusement park from the movie is amazing! I love the giant ice cream cone and ferris wheel!

AND... A GIANT CUPCAKE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP!!!! OH DISNEY HOW CAN YOU ALWAYS BE SO PERFECT!!!

It was cool to see Pete's Dragon for a change! I haven't seen that movie since I was a child, it may be time to revisit it.

I posted on Twitter:
Main Street Electrical Parade = even better than I remember! Cinderella was my favorite part.

Up next: THERE'S NO SLEEPING IN DISNEY!!!! Except in public.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:04 AM   #506
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

oh how I love that castle lit up for Christmas
Old 07-29-2012, 08:32 AM   #507
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Did you hear how they are making magic hours only 2 HOURS next year at night instead of THREE??? I'm so not happy about that. The third hour is when you really feel like you have the parks all to yourself. *Sigh*

Anyway, I absolutely love magic hours at the Magic Kingdom. Any park, but especially the MK. It's so nice to be able to run free and have no plans and just do what you want without worrying about lines or anything!

AHHH, I loved your description of being on the Magic Carpets and feeling so happy, I live for those moments in Disney World! I try to cherish every Disney moment, but sometimes in the excitement, you forget, so it's nice when things slow down and you can appreciate the true amazingness of being in Disney!

I absolutely LOVE Disney popcorn! It's funny that one of your chapter titles was about crack, because I always tell my DH that they put crack in the popcorn, which is why I act like some crazed popcorn addict when we're there...I don't know what they do to that popcorn to make it so good, but I love it!

Haha, you and your mom sound hilarious, I'm glad those people next to you got what you were doing with the CM's before the parade! Did the CM's get it or did they think you were just being obnoxious?

I love your MSEP pics! I always avoid that parade because that music makes me crazy, but I think in November I'm just going to sit and watch it because I've been seeing so many amazing pictures of the floats lately, I feel I have to watch it! Just for the Dwarves floats alone, how beautiful are they?

Ok I'll shut up now!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 07-29-2012, 10:35 AM   #508
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Being Food Drunk: the strange, unexpected, recurring phenomenon.

NOM ice cream three times in one day. Lia, I knew there was a reason why we were friends.

Okay, I'm going to use LOL right now, but I actually mean it. I AM laughing out loud right now and I have a smile on my face. It's not one of those "I'm typing lol with a blank stare." I really mean it. That is HILARIOUS! When do we get to go to Disney together?!!? I need some (more) of this snack drunkenness in my life.

I LOVE PETER PAN. I always have and always will have a crush on him.

Smee is SO FRUMPY. Hahahahaa he's pretty much the definition of the word.

God, I'm seeing the float of the Seven Dwarves mining... and I just got this pang of sadness. I MISS DISNEY WORLD. I just thought of sitting on Main Street USA watching the parade and GAHH that's where I want to be at this moment.

SUCH a great update. Can't wait for the next one!

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 07-29-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #509
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Food drunk is so much fun!! I vote that ice cream three times in one day is perfectly fine!!!

Love your pics of the MSEP! I haven't seen it in years, I need to see it soon again!
Old 07-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #510
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Lia we need to go to Disney together. I am CONSTANTLY food drunk. It's a way of life. And you're a genius for coining the term.

Ice cream three times in one day is perfectly acceptable. Healthy, even.

A giant cupcake covered in lights is probably the greatest thing I have ever seen. I want it on my lawn.

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: