DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Internet At Treehouse Villas

Hi. Does anyone know how the internet at THV is? I am going to have some work to do a few times while we are there and really need reliable internet. Any info is greatly appreciated! If the internet at the Treehouse itself is not good, is there another place in SSR where I could use my laptop? TIA
Mom2six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
Aunt Michelle
There is no television in your room

We stayed at the THVs last Thanksgiving and had four laptops in our party. We had no issues with the service. Some used the Wireless, but we also keep a wireless router in our Owners Locker (I sometimes work and the added security makes me feel better) and used that as well.

Unless something has significantly changed I would think you'd be fine. There is also plenty of seating in the Carriage House where you can access the Internet as well.

************************************************** ******************************
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." ~Lewis Carroll
Aunt Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #3
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Michelle View Post
We stayed at the THVs last Thanksgiving and had four laptops in our party. We had no issues with the service. Some used the Wireless, but we also keep a wireless router in our Owners Locker (I sometimes work and the added security makes me feel better) and used that as well.

Unless something has significantly changed I would think you'd be fine. There is also plenty of seating in the Carriage House where you can access the Internet as well.
They have cut the wired service from most if not all resorts so a router will not work. I tried it in late April at BWV, no go.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
DVCBrian
Earning My Ears

Our experience with wifi at THV in Jan 2012 was excellent. It appeared to us that each THV unit had its own base station and does not share unit-to-unit as seems to be done at other resorts. This may explain why our experience at THV was so good.
DVCBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #5
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

That's great news. Thank you all for your responses.
Mom2six is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: