DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
goNDmay9
Mouseketeer

DVC Club Level

Is AKV the only DVC that you can add on club level?
Old 03-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
mousefan1972
DIS Veteran

Yes, AKV is the only DVC resort with a club level option. You could also use points (unless you purchased resale after March 21, 2011) to stay at the GF, YC, or Poly Club Level. Although this option would be an huge amount of points, and IMHO, not worth it.
mousefan1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goNDmay9 View Post
Is AKV the only DVC that you can add on club level?
Just to clarify...you can't add on the club level services, you must book a room that is designated as club level. At AKL there are only 5 2BR lock-offs designated as club level. That means there are only 5 studios and 5 1BRs (each combine to make a 2BR) so availabilityes extremely limited.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #4
goNDmay9
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
Just to clarify...you can't add on the club level services, you must book a room that is designated as club level. At AKL there are only 5 2BR lock-offs designated as club level. That means there are only 5 studios and 5 1BRs (each combine to make a 2BR) so availabilityes extremely limited.
Thanks to you both!!! And yes - i knew about the designated club rooms. I just was not sure how to phrase it. HA!

Although i knew they were limited, I did not know the exact number! Thanks for the additional info MouseMomx2.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #5
thepops
DIS Veteran

and maybe there will be more club level when the Grand Floridian Villas are complete!
Old 03-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #6
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepops View Post
and maybe there will be more club level when the Grand Floridian Villas are complete!
That's what I'm hoping for!!!
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:35 PM   #7
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefan1972 View Post
Yes, AKV is the only DVC resort with a club level option. You could also use points (unless you purchased resale after March 21, 2011) to stay at the GF, YC, or Poly Club Level. Although this option would be an huge amount of points, and IMHO, not worth it.
yeah. we have 400 points and called for JANUARY just to see what it would be and we didn't have enough points.

2015March- 6 days AKV-CL spring break 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL July: 4 days boardwalk villas/CR TPV CL June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl (too many to count before that)
Husband, myself and 4 year old son
jcjen519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #8
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersuperwendy View Post
That's what I'm hoping for!!!
I'm hoping for this too.

2015March- 6 days AKV-CL spring break 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL July: 4 days boardwalk villas/CR TPV CL June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl (too many to count before that)
Husband, myself and 4 year old son
jcjen519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #9
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepops View Post
Not likely, the only reason that AKV has CL is because the DVC rooms are located right next to the lounge which is used by the cash lounge guests. The AKV owners, not the guests staying in the DVC CL rooms pay for the extra services through higher dues.

The cost to run and staff a lounge at GFV and provide extra services would have to be paid by someone. There isn't a way to convert points to cash to cover the expenses.

Bill

disneynutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:58 PM   #10
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

I wish all DVC Resorts had the CL option.
BLTtinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:52 PM   #11
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTtinkerbell View Post
I wish all DVC Resorts had the CL option.
It would be nice to have that option, I agree.

Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:02 AM   #12
Shamus
CHARTER MEMBER -- Disney Information Station-DVC Board -- June 1, 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Not likely, the only reason that AKV has CL is because the DVC rooms are located right next to the lounge which is used by the cash lounge guests. The AKV owners, not the guests staying in the DVC CL rooms pay for the extra services through higher dues.

The cost to run and staff a lounge at GFV and provide extra services would have to be paid by someone. There isn't a way to convert points to cash to cover the expenses.

Bill

If it is done at inception there is no problem. The points don't need to be converted to cash.

The CL rooms cost more points per night. By building the higher point cost into the overall budget, the dues from those "extra" points are used to cover the budget for the lounge.

Say a standard 2Bedroom unit costs 30 points/night and the CL 2Bedroom cost 40 points/night and annual dues are $5/point.
All the dues from the 10 extra CL points can be directed to the CL services.
In this case $50 to cover the CL Lounge Budget and $150 to cover the remaining normal resort budget items (the same amount as contributed by the non-CL 2Bedroom).

There is no reason that GFV could not build-in a CL similar to AKV.
The Sale of the Extra points associated with CL would help DVD cover their build-out expenses of the lounge, and the dues from the extra points would cover the CL operatins.
Shamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #13
Tigger1
DIS Veteran

I would love to have the option of Concierge at other resorts. My guide told me that Kadani would have Concierge, never happened. The guide was trying to assure me that I could buy at a different resort and availability of club level at AKV would easily be available once Kadani was added. I did not take his word and bought at my favorite resort (with or Without concierge), AKV.

I would possible buy points at another resort if it had Concierge. I am hoping that GF and DVC Poly (if its ever built) have Concierge.

I would also love a DVC on the gulf of Florida.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: