Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2012, 11:31 PM   #11
TigerlilyAJ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
The 5-day ticket limit has nothing to do with the number of parks involved. It has everything to do with scalping and Southern California families giving their unused days on their passes to neighbors. IMO, Cars Land changed things at DLR from a 3-4 day vacation to a 5-6 day vacation.
ITA w/ all of that. What I don't get is how they can offer special passes and tickets to SoCal (or Florida at WDW) residents based on ZIP codes of residence proven with IDs, and don't just reverse that idea for longer passes? Like, if you can offer SoCal APs, why can't you offer a 7-day pass to people who live further away who can prove they don't live anywhere near there the same way locals prove they do live nearby?
I've heard that there is all this eBay scalping, which I guess anyone could do, but given the 14-day expiration on tickets, I have to believe that most scalping or unauthorized ticket transfers are being done by locals who a) have less need for longer passes because they can go more often, and b) have easier, quicker access to people who can take unused pass days and use them before they expire. As an international guest, I guess I could try hustling on Harbor to sell unused days ::shudder::, but I certainly can't go 2700 miles back home and give/sell passes to neighbors or family who could never get there in time.

Meanwhile, DLR just keeps creating a self-fulfilling prophecy of people not coming for longer stays when the tickets suggest they cannot/should not.

I would love to buy a big 10-day WDW pass and use it at DLR (especially since every travel agent around here specializes in WDW and knows nothing about DLR), but I would be so so afraid of them not being accepted and me being stuck with $1200 in tickets I can't use. And then being back at square one with the DLR ticket issues.
TigerlilyAJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: