Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2012, 04:37 PM   #91
Shogo
Lurking No More

Its over a year from the cruise. I would like to add a week at the world but would like to wait and see if there are any free dining or discounts that come up for that time of year. If I sign up for my free transfer now, will it be possible to change it later?
In addition I Keep getting 500 - Internal Server error when trying to access the page to book the transfers. I have tried multiple browsers and computers. Any ideas?

Thanks... Can't wait for the Cruise!
Shogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #92
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogo View Post
Its over a year from the cruise. I would like to add a week at the world but would like to wait and see if there are any free dining or discounts that come up for that time of year. If I sign up for my free transfer now, will it be possible to change it later?
In addition I Keep getting 500 - Internal Server error when trying to access the page to book the transfers. I have tried multiple browsers and computers. Any ideas?

the page opened from the email we were sent
Old 07-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #93
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances

DISboards Administrator

Quote:

The link has been fixed sorry about that.

The free transfers do not expire (as long as you book your cruise before 7/31/2012) so you can wait until you know what your plans are before/after the cruise to sign up.

The only exception will be as we get much closer to the cruise we will need to close-out the transfers so we can complete the contract with the transportation comapny - but we will send MANY emails and warnings before that happens.

I would prefer you wait and sign up for transfers later than sign up now and have to change them.

Thanks
John

WebmasterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #94
Princessclab
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterJohn View Post

The free transfers do not expire (as long as you book your cruise before 7/31/2012) so you can wait until you know what your plans are before/after the cruise to sign up.

The only exception will be as we get much closer to the cruise we will need to close-out the transfers so we can complete the contract with the transportation comapny - but we will send MANY emails and warnings before that happens

Thanks
John
Thank you John for this information. I am wondering what the transportation from WDW to the cruise ship means. What hotels are included or is it the Swan/Dolphin ( which is great) only? Thank you for your work on this.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #95
Shogo
Lurking No More

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterJohn View Post

The only exception will be as we get much closer to the cruise we will need to close-out the transfers so we can complete the contract with the transportation comapny - but we will send MANY emails and warnings before that happens.

I would prefer you wait and sign up for transfers later than sign up now and have to change them.

Thanks
John
Thank-you John for the info. I will indeed wait to book the transfers.
As an FYI, I am still getting the 500 Error following the page where I enter my reservation # and password. The URL is as follows.
blah-blah-blah/DisCruise10/DisCruise10_start2.cfm

Could not post the full link because I don't have enough experience.
Thank-you for your help.
Shogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:08 PM   #96
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Ugh I REALLY wish we could join you all on this one! FINALLY a "Dis" cruise in the Fall...except this one just happened to end up on our first week of school- and our littlest's first day of kindergarten, so sadly we have to pass.

Folks- everything Pete, Walter, John and Kevin have said about the Oasis and Allure is absolutely true- they are AMAZING ships!

If you are the trip report reading type, I invite you to check out my TR from Allure. The TR is very long, very detailed, with hundreds of pictures. Oh, and it's complete! The only difference between Allure and Oasis are very minor theming differences and the shows and that Oasis has Seafood Shack not Rita's Cantina (and also does not have the Doghouse which Allure has)- otherwise the ships and experiences are identical.

Did you know that Oasis has character breakfasts? They are a lot of fun! We did two of them on Allure so you can see that in my TR also.

Did I mention the FLASH MOB?

ETA: We were also on an Eastern so you can see the excursions we did as well. They were pretty awesome! We did one on our own, and one through RCCL.

Go on, check out the TR! I think you'll enjoy it!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2810383

Hope you all have an AMAZING DIS cruise 1.0!

Jen

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report

Last edited by nenner1; 07-28-2012 at 11:16 PM.
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:47 PM   #97
WebmasterJohn
Genius

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessclab View Post
Thank you John for this information. I am wondering what the transportation from WDW to the cruise ship means. What hotels are included or is it the Swan/Dolphin ( which is great) only? Thank you for your work on this.
As you might imagine I do not have details this far out.

However, most likely we will handle transfer in the same way we did for Podcast Cruise 3.0 (and for Podcast Cruise 4.0).

We will hire a bus company that will pick up at any WDW owned and operated hotel and the Swan/Dolphin.

The exact hotels will be determined by who exactly signs up and where they are staying. If you are staying at a WDW hotel or the Swan/Dolpin and you sign up for the transfers you will be picked up.

The timing and/or order that the bus will follow to pick people up at the hotesl is still unknown.

I apologize but this is all the details I can give a year out.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:47 PM   #98
WebmasterJohn
Genius

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Thank-you John for the info. I will indeed wait to book the transfers.
As an FYI, I am still getting the 500 Error following the page where I enter my reservation # and password. The URL is as follows.
blah-blah-blah/DisCruise10/DisCruise10_start2.cfm

Could not post the full link because I don't have enough experience.
Thank-you for your help.
Send an emai to TraceyH@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and she can help you with your login issue.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:29 AM   #99
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

i wonder if RCCL's late departure program will be available on the Oasis when we sail on her....
i think their late departure program sounds wonderful!!
although i don't know if it will work with the port transfers....and if no one else makes use of it, i don't know how fun it would be to be by myself...
but if i were with DH, i would definitely want to take advantage of it!!
Old 07-29-2012, 11:31 AM   #100
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Ugh I REALLY wish we could join you all on this one! FINALLY a "Dis" cruise in the Fall...except this one just happened to end up on our first week of school- and our littlest's first day of kindergarten, so sadly we have to pass.

Folks- everything Pete, Walter, John and Kevin have said about the Oasis and Allure is absolutely true- they are AMAZING ships!

If you are the trip report reading type, I invite you to check out my TR from Allure. The TR is very long, very detailed, with hundreds of pictures. Oh, and it's complete! The only difference between Allure and Oasis are very minor theming differences and the shows and that Oasis has Seafood Shack not Rita's Cantina (and also does not have the Doghouse which Allure has)- otherwise the ships and experiences are identical.

Did you know that Oasis has character breakfasts? They are a lot of fun! We did two of them on Allure so you can see that in my TR also.

Did I mention the FLASH MOB?

ETA: We were also on an Eastern so you can see the excursions we did as well. They were pretty awesome! We did one on our own, and one through RCCL.

Go on, check out the TR! I think you'll enjoy it!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2810383

Hope you all have an AMAZING DIS cruise 1.0!

Jen
Hey Jen!!! Yours is the trip report i was talking about!!
Ever since reading your trip report on the Allure i've been itching to go on either the allure or the oasis!!

it's a fantastic trip report - well worth reading for anyone considering this cruise!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #101
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family View Post
Hey Jen!!! Yours is the trip report i was talking about!!
Ever since reading your trip report on the Allure i've been itching to go on either the allure or the oasis!!

it's a fantastic trip report - well worth reading for anyone considering this cruise!!!!!!
Aww, Thanks Beth!

If it really weren't the first week of school we would have gone for sure. We already have Allure booked again for 9/22/13. Can't wait!

And to be honest I wanted to try Oasis instead because I would LOVE to see Hairspray. But we wanted a Western next time. (I would do Eastern again to do the Dis cruise though).

Maybe the dates will change again..... JUST Kidding John.

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:08 PM   #102
squirk
Saw what you did and knows who you are.

I am glad to see so many people excited for this trip. I really am. So I hope the following doesn't make me sound too much like a wet blanket:

Why is this a "DIS" cruise? There's nothing Disney-related about it. Why not a "Dreams" cruise? Have Dreams and the DIS become so hand-in-glove that they are interchangeable?

I fully understand and appreciate Dreams staff sailing on Royal Caribbean so there's some first-hand experience with the RC ships and how they compare to DCL. However, I come to the Disney Information Station not because I love cruising, but because I love Disney. I really couldn't care less about an RC cruise.

This RC cruise with the DIS name attached to it just seems to dilute the DIS brand. Will we see a DIS cruise on Norwegian soon? Why not future DIS trips and meets at Knott's Berry Farm or Six Flags over Georgia?

I'm sorry if this sounds overly critical, and if there's something I'm missing, I apologize in advance. The Oasis looks like a beautiful ship and I'm sure everyone will have a great time. But I worry that further intermingling of Dreams stuff and DIS stuff will undercut what people love about this site so much.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:58 PM   #103
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post

Jen
Jen, your TR is amazing! We clearly have a lot to learn about RC cruising (dining, etc...), and your TR is a great reference! We're coming from northern VA, and we're planning on flying into Ft. Lauderdale and taking a cab from the airport (or hotel if we fly in the night before) to the port. In your experience (and others should feel free to chime in!), are there things we should anticipate with regard to booster seats in taxis? DD5 and DD7 can both fly without seats, and we'd love to be able to leave them at home... One hurdle at a time.

XO
Liz

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:48 AM   #104
WebmasterJohn
Genius

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirk View Post
I am glad to see so many people excited for this trip. I really am. So I hope the following doesn't make me sound too much like a wet blanket:

Why is this a "DIS" cruise? There's nothing Disney-related about it. Why not a "Dreams" cruise? Have Dreams and the DIS become so hand-in-glove that they are interchangeable?

I fully understand and appreciate Dreams staff sailing on Royal Caribbean so there's some first-hand experience with the RC ships and how they compare to DCL. However, I come to the Disney Information Station not because I love cruising, but because I love Disney. I really couldn't care less about an RC cruise.

This RC cruise with the DIS name attached to it just seems to dilute the DIS brand. Will we see a DIS cruise on Norwegian soon? Why not future DIS trips and meets at Knott's Berry Farm or Six Flags over Georgia?

I'm sorry if this sounds overly critical, and if there's something I'm missing, I apologize in advance. The Oasis looks like a beautiful ship and I'm sure everyone will have a great time. But I worry that further intermingling of Dreams stuff and DIS stuff will undercut what people love about this site so much.
The reason we are calling this a DIS cruise is because all of our past Disney cruises have been Podcast Cruises and while the podcast team will be on this cruise as well we felt that we wanted to distinguish this particular cruise from those in some way.

This cruise will not be as Disney orientated as the Podcast Cruises so by not labeling it Podcast Cruise 5.0 we thought it might help people to see it a little differently than past cruises we have done.

The DIS and Dreams are very intertwined, always have been and probably always will be. Pete Werner is the founder and owner of these boards and also part owner of Dreams Unlimited Travel along with myself and Donna LeFever.

We make it very clear on the show that Pete and I are owners of Dreams Unlimited Travel and that some of the podcast team are agents or employees of Dreams Unlimited Travel as well.

As far as future cruises and future trips you never know where we might want to go. It just might be a Norwegian Cruise or a trip to Knotts Berry Farm. I personally don't see anything wrong with going other places and trying new things and sharing those things with people on the DISBoards.

I'm sorry of you feel that the relationship between Dreams Unlimited Travel and the DIS is going to undercut what you 'love about the boards'.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:09 AM   #105
Disney Enabler
It's a great day to be alive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirk View Post

After reading your post I would like to know if you feel the same way about the fundraising efforts for Give Kids the World?

Just wondering!

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!
Disney Enabler is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: