Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
Bingham2
Mouseketeer

Photopass question for a newbie

This is my first onsite, more-than-one-day trip to WDW. I understand the photographer taking your picture and scanning of the photopass card. But what I don't understand is: is the photo pass purchased before you take your trip? Or can you come home and view your pictures before making a purchase?

TIA.

Bingham2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
lovenerds81112
Forever cute and nerdy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingham2 View Post
This is my first onsite, more-than-one-day trip to WDW. I understand the photographer taking your picture and scanning of the photopass card. But what I don't understand is: is the photo pass purchased before you take your trip? Or can you come home and view your pictures before making a purchase?

TIA.
You can order the photopass card before your trip. My fiancé and I ordered the photopass plus card, which we got for $169 instead of the $200 it would have cost if we had purchased it at WDW. The Photopass plus includes all of the pictures taken by photopass people in the parks AND all of the photos taken of you while you are on rides, plus any Character meal pictures.
JUNE 2014:AULANI!!!-JUNE 2013: BAY LAKE-DECEMBER 2012: OLD KEY WEST
EPIC DISNEYMOON AUGUST 2012: BOARDWALK-->DISNEY DREAM-->WILDERNESS LODGEDisneymoon TR
AUGUST 2011: DISNEYLAND PARIS-MARCH 2011: PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER (FIRST STAY ON-PROPERTY!)-JUNE 2006: DISNEYLAND PARIS
JUNE 2002: TOKYO DISNEYLAND-NOVEMBER '89, '90, '91: WDW (OFF PROPERTY)
lovenerds81112 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
chrissydisp24
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovenerds81112 View Post
You can order the photopass card before your trip. My fiancé and I ordered the photopass plus card, which we got for $169 instead of the $200 it would have cost if we had purchased it at WDW. The Photopass plus includes all of the pictures taken by photopass people in the parks AND all of the photos taken of you while you are on rides, plus any Character meal pictures.
So you have to buy photopass in order to use it or are you talking about buying the CD? I'm confused...
chrissydisp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
Bingham2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovenerds81112

Now I have another question. Is the photo pass and CD one in the same?
Maybe someone can just walk me through the whole process.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #5
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingham2 View Post
Now I have another question. Is the photo pass and CD one in the same?
Maybe someone can just walk me through the whole process.
Check out this site for everything you need to know about PhotoPass (although the price of the pre-order for the CD is now $119.95):

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass/

And you can find out a lot of information about PhotoPass + here:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/disney...50650931518325
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #6
lisakramer
Mouseketeer

Photopass explained

We've been photopass junkies for years now.
You have the option of buying the cd at a discount before your trip if you know you want it. This is what I do every trip. OR you can wait till you get home and browse all your photos to decide if it's worth it to you.
Personally, I use the photopass as my personal photographers. We use each and every photographer we can find. That way I know I'll get a ton of great pix with the whole family in them. Otherwise I have a bunch of pix, but I'm not in any of them.
The photographers do a great job. You can pose any way you want, funny faces, etc. Ask for the special effects photos and you'll get fun characters popping up in your pix! You can't do that on your own!
Old 08-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
librarymouse
Mouseketeer

I agree- photopass is great especially if you are usually the photographer in your group. You do not have to buy in advance, but it will save you money if you do. The first park you are at you can get a card from a PP photog, he or she will take your picture and scan the card. then you give the card to each photopass photographer you encounter to scan throughout your trip. You go online to claim your photos and enter your photopass card number to see the pictures. If you forget your card you can always get a new one and the pictures from several different cards can be combined into one account. If you don't purchase in advance, be sure to buy shortly after your trip. The photos expire after a certain time- 30 days I think.

Most photopass photographers will happily take a photo with your camera as well so you don't have to buy it to get great pictures. However, nighttime shots etc usually come out better from the pp photog's camera.

We have used it every trip and love it!
Old 08-05-2012, 09:31 PM   #8
Bingham2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarymouse
I agree- photopass is great especially if you are usually the photographer in your group. You do not have to buy in advance, but it will save you money if you do. The first park you are at you can get a card from a PP photog, he or she will take your picture and scan the card. then you give the card to each photopass photographer you encounter to scan throughout your trip. You go online to claim your photos and enter your photopass card number to see the pictures. If you forget your card you can always get a new one and the pictures from several different cards can be combined into one account. If you don't purchase in advance, be sure to buy shortly after your trip. The photos expire after a certain time- 30 days I think.

Most photopass photographers will happily take a photo with your camera as well so you don't have to buy it to get great pictures. However, nighttime shots etc usually come out better from the pp photog's camera.

We have used it every trip and love it!
Thank you!!!!! This is exactly what I needed to know!

Old 08-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #9
Bingham2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisakramer
We've been photopass junkies for years now.
You have the option of buying the cd at a discount before your trip if you know you want it. This is what I do every trip. OR you can wait till you get home and browse all your photos to decide if it's worth it to you.
Personally, I use the photopass as my personal photographers. We use each and every photographer we can find. That way I know I'll get a ton of great pix with the whole family in them. Otherwise I have a bunch of pix, but I'm not in any of them.
The photographers do a great job. You can pose any way you want, funny faces, etc. Ask for the special effects photos and you'll get fun characters popping up in your pix! You can't do that on your own!
Thank you!!!! This explains a lot. I was just so confused. lol

Old 08-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #10
mripirate
Earning My Ears

If you purchase the photo pass plus before your trip, do you still purchase CD after you return from trip?
mripirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #11
ellyn2000
DIS Veteran
Loves to go Pearl Diving in Japan

I believe if you purchase the Photopass Plus in advance it includes the CD. We have just purchased the CD when we got home in the past, but we will purchase in advance this trip. librarymouse explained it all perfectly in the post above.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #12
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mripirate View Post
If you purchase the photo pass plus before your trip, do you still purchase CD after you return from trip?
What you're doing before the trip is pre-paying for the CD. Librarymouse explained what you do in the parks to get the pictures and then when you get home you log onto the PhotoPass site and enter the card numbers, then you can see the pictures and edit them by cropping, adding borders, etc. Then when it's time to pay you enter in a code that you receive when you pre-order so that the price of the CD will be reduced to free. For a more detailed explanation of how PhotoPass works, check out the first link in post #5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellyn2000 View Post
I believe if you purchase the Photopass Plus in advance it includes the CD. We have just purchased the CD when we got home in the past, but we will purchase in advance this trip. librarymouse explained it all perfectly in the post above.
What you get ahead of time if you pre-order the PhotoPass + is a CD with stock photos, which are just generic pictures of the parks.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #13
DiSZYme
Earning My Ears

I have a couple photopass questions, and was going to start a new thread, but thought that this thread might be a better place to ask (so assorted photopass info stays in one place). I hope that that's okay to the thread starter, but I assume the info might be helpful to her too.

Okay, so I have prepurchased the photopass cd and a few days ago I upgraded it to photopass plus, so I will def be using the service and I do have some familiarity with it. When we went 4 years ago, I used to, but was definitely kinda shy about it and didn't get as many pics as I could have. This time, I'm going to really go for it...

Which brings me to my questions. First, I've read a few comments about guests asking the PP photographers for special pictures but I don't know anything about this. Should I ask all the photographers for all for these? Should I do it right away or wait until they've taken a few regular shots?

And when it comes to ride photos, do I show them my PP+ card as I get on the ride or do I do it afterwards?

Thank you all!
DiSZYme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #14
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiSZYme View Post
Which brings me to my questions. First, I've read a few comments about guests asking the PP photographers for special pictures but I don't know anything about this. Should I ask all the photographers for all for these? Should I do it right away or wait until they've taken a few regular shots?

And when it comes to ride photos, do I show them my PP+ card as I get on the ride or do I do it afterwards?

Thank you all!
If you're talking about magic shots, not all photographers are going to have the ability to do them. For a list of what shots are available and where, check the first link in post #5.

For the ride photos, after you get off the ride you would go to the gift shop at the end of the ride where they have the viewing location for the pictures.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:24 PM   #15
DiSZYme
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the feedback SisKaren
DiSZYme is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: