Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #331
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
Yosemite weather can be stinking hot and other times cold. I'd bring a swim suit and everything else to a jacket. We went over father's day weekend and Yosemite was in the 90s the whole time. The evening did cool down but still warm not warm enough for a jacket.
We are only there 1 full day, staying at the Ahwahnee!!! So excited! I'm thinking once we are in for the night, we are IN.... so I won't worry too much about that. I'm a city girl, no hiking or anything crazy like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Yeah, that will not be an easy packing trip. Make sure you watch the SF forecast pretty closely. It is true that it is not super-warm there, but there are always a couple of weeks each summer when I would sell my soul for air conditioning (most homes are not air-conditioned). Also, if you are planning to spend time in the East Bay, it is much warmer there usually.
East, West, South, North Bay? I'm just tagging along on a business trip so no planning for me. I do know we will be eating lunch at Fishermans Wharf on Saturday, then we have a tour guide picking us up for 4 hours.... Then driving to Manteca for the night and Yosemite the next day. Then two days at Pebble then back to SF for another full day of sightseeing and one night before flying home....

What are your top 3 Must Do's????? We are doing Muir Woods and Sausalito and Fishermans Wharf the first day..... Then the last day we are doing Alcatraz and Lombard St and Chinatown, etc.... I MUST ride a cable car.....

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #332
disney debi
Mouseketeer

Just caught up on your trip report and it is incredible. Your excursion seemed awesome and captain jordan was dreamy!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #333
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
East, West, South, North Bay? I'm just tagging along on a business trip so no planning for me. I do know we will be eating lunch at Fishermans Wharf on Saturday, then we have a tour guide picking us up for 4 hours.... Then driving to Manteca for the night and Yosemite the next day. Then two days at Pebble then back to SF for another full day of sightseeing and one night before flying home....

What are your top 3 Must Do's????? We are doing Muir Woods and Sausalito and Fishermans Wharf the first day..... Then the last day we are doing Alcatraz and Lombard St and Chinatown, etc.... I MUST ride a cable car.....
Girl, I think you have enough planned to use up your entire time there! Make sure you make plenty of time for eating - there is a lot of good food in SF!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:33 PM   #334
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

OMG- Timmy did the EXACT same thing!!! FREAKED out and Pods carried him back to the boat- feet wrapped around Pods' waist in a death grip!!

Crap- does this mean the Grandkids are gonna be wimpy too?????
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:41 PM   #335
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

AND she had grilled cheese for lunch????

This does not bode well for future generations at ALL.....

Are we sure they're not somehow already related????
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #336
Sunseeker17
Mouseketeer

Loving your TR...we'll be on our first Disney Cruise on the Fantasy exactly 6 months from today! Can't wait! Keep it coming...

Sunseeker17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:01 AM   #337
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:

The problem with these types of tours is that you don't get the one on one attention that we got from Fat Fish and Jordan. And who wouldn't want one on one attention from him????
man hes so dreamy lol

Then Jordan advised us to NOT go to the counter to order lunch, but rather to just find a table and someone would come to us. Hey, he's the boss and he knew what he was talking about!!!
thats my kind of man ordering for me.. geez I cant even get E to do that

We invited Jordan to join us for lunch and the view just got even better!!!
Why would anyone NOT invite him to join..

Ally got all crazy and went with a grilled cheese.....
wild women LOL

Following JOrdan back to the boat....
Id follow him anywhere.. swoon

The Reel Nauti...... Oh yeah, my head is filled with thoughts right now!!!
I like your thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

OMG- Timmy did the EXACT same thing!!! FREAKED out and Pods carried him back to the boat- feet wrapped around Pods' waist in a death grip!!

I believe it skips a generation.. cuz my parents are real wimps.. and so are my kids.. but me.. ill do anything once.. twice if he's cute LMAO

Have fun on the West Coast.. wish we had time to meet up if it were closer darn it!
Old 07-27-2012, 12:40 AM   #338
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I want to try to finish up Grand Cayman today, as I am leaving early Saturday for a week in San Francisco, Yosemite, and Pebble Beach!!!! I have never been to this part of the country and I'm uber excited!!!!! It's a company paid trip, as Jeff is taking a customer and his wife out there and I am lucky enough to get to tag along!!!! The boys are playing Pebble Beach and I plan on hitting a ball too, just to say I did!!! I think that is what I am most excited about.....

But anyway...... Back to Grand Cayman and Starfish Beach....

I had no idea what to expect from this stop on the tour, but it was kind of neat..... but then again, if I go back (as in next spring!!!!) I'll ask Jordan to skip this stop. Been there, done that. Definitely do it once!!!! But after that, not again. I mean, how exciting is a starfish?

Jordan picking up some jellyfish... and he got stung. Good thing he's so cute, cause that wasn't very smart.....

Ewww Nice of him to risk his limb for the education of our daughter.

He told us we could pick them up for no more than 15 seconds, and Ally was so upset watching other people keep them out for much longer. Again, Jordan was very concerned with the wildlife and even though he wanted to make us happy, he had rules and he respected nature....

Were you thinking about making a new swimsuit top?

By now the girls were getting a little bored. A lot of sun, a lot of water, and our bellies full, I think we were all getting a little tired.

Soon it was time to say goodbye to the starfish and make our way back.....

I really did not want this day to end, it was the PERFECT excursion!!!

On the way back, Jordan really opened up the engines for the girls and we were FLYING across the water! But I just didn't want it to end.....

Sadly, it did. We got back to the dock, and piled back into the van and Jordan dropped us off at the port.

As much as I joked about how cute he was, he was a FANTASTIC captain!!!! I always felt safe with him, I totally relaxed, he was laid back, fun, easy to talk to, and that is why we booked him again next year. I cannot recommend this operation enough!!!!

Once back at the port, we had a little bit of time to kill, so we decided to go ahead and stay on the island a little longer.....

As you can see, Ally was 100% DONE by now!!!! She was so ready to tender on back and rest for awhile....

I ordered a Havanas and Bananas and just relaxed in the cool bar....

Here's to a great day on a beautiful island!!!

CHEERS!!!

A couple more shots that I just found.....

That does look like the perfect day! I think it would be hard to leave - you would just want to sit on that starfish beach forever. It does kind of remind me of a pirate scene.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #339
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

I'd stay on that beach forever too but only if the captain was there too.

Drea can't wait to hang out with you in May

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #340
Beth D
DIS Veteran

That looks awesome! I love the pic where the starfish are "accessorizing" your swimsuit!

Did you find any 6 pointed ones? DH and I did the jetski excursion at CC and when we were over by the little tiny island off CC we found a giant 6 pointed one. It was one of the most special parts of our trip!

The only thing missing from Margaritaville is a giant plate of volcano nachos! Those are the best!

Have a great trip out west! Will you do a mini TR when you get back? (please say yes!)
Old 07-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #341
karajeboo

Quote:
AND she had grilled cheese for lunch????

This does not bode well for future generations at ALL.....

Are we sure they're not somehow already related????
Doesn't matter.... I'm from South Carolina, we love to marry our own kin!

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 07-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #342
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
That looks awesome! I love the pic where the starfish are "accessorizing" your swimsuit!

Did you find any 6 pointed ones? DH and I did the jetski excursion at CC and when we were over by the little tiny island off CC we found a giant 6 pointed one. It was one of the most special parts of our trip!

The only thing missing from Margaritaville is a giant plate of volcano nachos! Those are the best!

Have a great trip out west! Will you do a mini TR when you get back? (please say yes!)
I will do a mini TR.... Jeff and I have an over/under bet on number of photos I'll take in 5 days..... It's at 1200, and I'm saying over....

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
I believe it skips a generation.. cuz my parents are real wimps.. and so are my kids.. but me.. ill do anything once.. twice if he's cute LMAO

Have fun on the West Coast.. wish we had time to meet up if it were closer darn it!
One day I'll accompany Jeff on a trip to LA or San Diego, are those closer to you????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunseeker17 View Post
Loving your TR...we'll be on our first Disney Cruise on the Fantasy exactly 6 months from today! Can't wait! Keep it coming...
So jealous!!!! My next cruise is March and my next DCL is May and my next 7 night DCL is December of 2013!!!!

Quote:

I was so afraid my bathing suit top was going to fall off and scare off Captain Cutie!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Girl, I think you have enough planned to use up your entire time there! Make sure you make plenty of time for eating - there is a lot of good food in SF!
Oh, I plan to eat.... a LOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney debi View Post
Just caught up on your trip report and it is incredible. Your excursion seemed awesome and captain jordan was dreamy!
Thank you! And yes, yes he was......

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
That does look like the perfect day! I think it would be hard to leave - you would just want to sit on that starfish beach forever. It does kind of remind me of a pirate scene.
It was awesome!!! Starfish Beach I wouldn't do again, now that I've done it. But it was cool to see so many of them in one place in the wild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
I'd stay on that beach forever too but only if the captain was there too.

Drea can't wait to hang out with you in May
I think I'd stay there with or without him!!!

Old 07-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #343
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I have to say I would be sitting in the boat wih Timmy & Ally! No touching sea creatures for me!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #344
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:
I will do a mini TR.... Jeff and I have an over/under bet on number of photos I'll take in 5 days..... It's at 1200, and I'm saying over....
I would bet on it you will . Oh if you have time for breakfast try The Buena Vista Cafe, best Irish Coffee's in the WORLD.. Ill be honest theres lots of Irish Whiskey with a splash of coffee.. either way PERKS ya right up LOL

One day I'll accompany Jeff on a trip to LA or San Diego, are those closer to you????
Yes, La is my hometown (dont hold it against me LOL) and SD E and I moved to when we got hitched so I really consider that where i grew up LMAO both are just under 2hours from me (thats counting at traffic hour)

So jealous!!!! My next cruise is March and my next DCL is May and my next 7 night DCL is December of 2013!!!!

there you go rubbing it in lol (its ok I would too)
Old 07-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #345
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Coming out of lurkdomville here to comment...

Quote:
I'm with MAGICFOR2 here....I thought you were modeling for a new swimsuit idea!

Quote:
As much as I joked about how cute he was, he was a FANTASTIC captain!!!! I always felt safe with him, I totally relaxed, he was laid back, fun, easy to talk to, and that is why we booked him again next year. I cannot recommend this operation enough!!!!
Hmmmmmm...I'm going to go back into lurkdomville without comment on this one!
(Oops, I guess that was a comment, wasn't it?!)

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: